Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2007, 17:57   #91
Resident Waffler

Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

There may be car park security guards but I haven't noticed any. It's one of those automated barrier things.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2007, 19:24   #92
Beacon of light

As I say Willow this was five years ago....they used to have a cabin on site and they would survey the whole of the site with the security cameras.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 19:31   #93
Resident Waffler

Maybe they have cameras now. I haven't noticed any of those either though, but that could be a good thing.

Old 20-07-2007, 19:34   #94
Beacon of light

I think they do have cameras, they certainly have them inside the hospital, and they are unobtrusive, so I am sure they are outside too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 19:47   #95
Resident Waffler

yes I was thinking, probably there but not noticeable so hopefully more useful to catch somebody if they did do any damage.

Old 21-07-2007, 16:28   #96
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I didn't mention it Neil because getting a space for me when I get there 0830hrs isn't a problem and I haven't heard anyone complaining about spaces
A friend of ours starts at about 9:30am and sometimes has a problem finding a space. I don't agree with staff paying at all.
Old 21-07-2007, 16:53   #97
God Member

Free transport is provided for patients who need it, I am speaking from experience as my grandson is a patient at Alder Hey Hospital and was provided with transport both to and from the hospital on many occasions. I am aware that not all hospitals provide this service, but people on low incomes can claim travel expenses back
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 16:55   #98
God Member

My son pays about £8 a week to park at UMIST and regards it as a perk !- -but then there is a big difference between central Manchester and the wild outer reaches of Blackburn.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 20:54   #99
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Free transport is provided for patients who need it, I am speaking from experience as my grandson is a patient at Alder Hey Hospital and was provided with transport both to and from the hospital on many occasions. I am aware that not all hospitals provide this service, but people on low incomes can claim travel expenses back
So how do you find out about the transport and how do you go about getting it and is it available to take residents of Accy to The Royal Blackburn for outpatient appointments?

Old 21-07-2007, 21:06   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
So how do you find out about the transport and how do you go about getting it and is it available to take residents of Accy to The Royal Blackburn for outpatient appointments?
You need to ask at your GP they should have a number for transport, you will have to ring and arrange it yourself, hope you find this info. can help you.
Old 21-07-2007, 21:10   #101
God Member

Quote:
If you have any probs willow please feel free to PM me and i will try and help Bernadette.
Old 21-07-2007, 22:20   #102
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Get a taxi then.

The rest of us have to pay so why should you get to park for free?
I have only just seen this very offensive post, have you got a grudge against me? or are you just a tailor made perfect human being? For your information I am not hard up, and I travel regularly to various hospitals to wit:- Blackpool cardiac/lung unit, Blackburn Royal Oncology Clinic, Accrington Colo Rectal Cinic, Preston Nuclear Medicine Scanner Unit, The only time I require transport help is to Blackpool and Preston, my brother obliges free of charge. The other times I go by taxi at my own expense. I am fortunate it causes me no hardship. The reason for my post was to highlight the plight of the less fortunate, and no I do not own a car now because of my medical condition. I hope sir that satisfies your curiosity.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 07:51   #103

Quote:
There may be car park security guards but I haven't noticed any. It's one of those automated barrier things.

The car park security guards are based in the main entrance of Blackburn Royal and they patrol the car parks at regular intervals. The hospital security guards are also based in the main entrance. There are cameras based around the grounds. Some of them are the dome type and some are the normal cctv you see dotted around town.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 13:46   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I have only just seen this very offensive post, have you got a grudge against me?
I have nothing against you and I did not mean to cause offense. I just cant understand why some people can park for free while others, including staff have to pay.

Do you think that is unfair or not? I think if it is free for some it should be free for everyone.
Old 23-07-2007, 13:51   #105
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I have nothing against you and I did not mean to cause offense. I just cant understand why some people can park for free while others, including staff have to pay.

Do you think that is unfair or not? I think if it is free for some it should be free for everyone.
On this Neil we agree, why punish anyone for having to visit hospital for whatever reason. I do not think anyone goes to hospital for the fun of it.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..