Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2007, 17:03   #106
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Hospital Disabled Parking Charges.

On reading my original reply again it was a little sharp, sorry.
Old 23-07-2007, 17:15   #107
Beacon of light

Well, when parking was free, the staff had their cars vandalised, and thieves thought it was the fourth of july......radios were regularly stolen along with anything else which may have been left in the vehicle.
i had my car vandalised twice, and the locks pushed in once....my car was also burgled (despite the fact that I took great pains to make sure there was nothing of any value left on view)...once the car park was patrolled and CCTV cameras installed the car crime dropped dramatically.
Now, I don't mind paying for an effective service.....and this also meant that my no claims was restored. If there was not a charge levied, then these services would not have been put in place.....someone has to pay for the increased security.....and the hospital directed all the funds levied back into the security system.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 17:32   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Errr excuse me, who nicked our Neil and is posting in his place ????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 18:42   #109
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A friend of ours starts at about 9:30am and sometimes has a problem finding a space. I don't agree with staff paying at all.
And why not ?

When I worked in the centre of Manchester I had to pay at least £4 per day for the honour of parking. OK .. wasn't into saving lives, but through my 'sales acumen' responsible for keeping people in jobs. We all have our slot in life Neil whether it be a dustbinman or the Prime Minister and who is to say which is the most important. Some members of 'staff' are on the admin. side .. so why should they not pay ?

My daughter, who is a nurse, was obviously annoyed at being levied with (I think) around 50p. per night for parking at the old BRI .. so tough .. join the rest of society. Had the benefit of CCTV and made sure she parked under one of these cameras .. like Margaret has already mentioned, had been broken into .. again we all run that risk, no matter where we park. Why should medical staff attract more of our sympathy.

We are lucky if our place of work has a decent car park where we can park without cost, unfortunately, we are a small country and land is limited.

Agree that disabled badge holders should pay the parking fee, as well as able bodied.

Willow, you will have to just put in a little more next visit I'm afraid, to allow for 'extra time' .. I always do when on a business appointment, 'cause you know full well may run over the time you estimate.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 18:51   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Willow, you will have to just put in a little more next visit I'm afraid, to allow for 'extra time' .. I always do when on a business appointment, 'cause you know full well may run over the time you estimate.

At the new hossy in blackburn you pay on the way out... You get your ticket.. then pay according to how long you have been in... This has been used in many (but not the majority) car parks all over the country for years.. Now used at the hospital and has been for quite some time.

So
Old 23-07-2007, 18:57   #111
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
At the new hossy in blackburn you pay on the way out... You get your ticket.. then pay according to how long you have been in... This has been used in many (but not the majority) car parks all over the country for years.. Now used at the hospital and has been for quite some time.

So
Ok .. not been to the new one .. yes, ideal . just Willow's comments about her blood test etc. Stops you worrying at least.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 21:32   #112
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Errr excuse me, who nicked our Neil and is posting in his place ????
Sorry did you only love the old me?
Old 23-07-2007, 21:45   #113
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

I don't actually drive these days so I'm not personally affected by these charges, just sympathising with others who are.

I tend to rely on taxis, or buses if they are still running when I come out.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 22:56   #114
God Member

Quote:
Sorry did you only love the old me?
Have to get to know this new you before I comment

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 23:03   #115
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Have to get to know this new you before I comment
I think with all those photo opportunities, Peter Britcliffe must have rubbed off on Neil.

He's charm personified now.

Bring back our old caustic Neil!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 10:14   #116
Resting in peace

Quote:
I have not taken offence Neil, I should not have played the 'sick card' either
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..