Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2012, 15:01   #841
Give, give, give member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
From about 1800 to 1985 a highly powerful hallucinogenic -datura strammonium - was used in Asthma treatment medication. In special cigarettes and also as a form of tea in which the fumes were inhaled, but if taken as tea and the liquid drank would cause serious mind warping effects - I wonder if Lewis Carroll used this stuff as it was commonly available and would give serious hallucinations. In those days was viewed as a mere homeopathic remedy!!!
Hardluck Asthma: 1800-1985: Asthma Cigarettes

As far as me losing the argument is concerned; all I hear from you lot is personal attacks and not a jott of decent evidence apart from "knee jerk" reactions!
Though it is quite amusing.

Playing the victim.

Since you were stupid enough to publicly post threats of Actual Bodily Harm, against members of this forum.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2012, 17:35   #842

Quote:
As far as me losing the argument is concerned; all I hear from you lot is personal attacks and not a jott of decent evidence apart from "knee jerk" reactions!
I don't think that is a very fair comment, there have been some very decent responses with good evidence - and speaking for myself I personally don't think that that I have launched a personal attack on you - it would be very difficult since I have no idea who you really are! Do you think it would be fair to say that you have also made personal remarks to other people who haven't agreed with you?
The thing is that you have a fixed set of beliefs on this subject, whilst others have opposing views - neither side are likely to be swayed.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 18:26   #843
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am surprised that you don't get pain relief on free prescription (over 60 as you are).

Several years ago I was on 8 distalgesics a day.(free)
They removed them from the prescribed list after they were used by Dr Kelly to suicide (allegedly).

They were replaced by a codiene/paracetemol combination (free)

When I got addicted to codiene and told doc I wanted paracetemol only he supplied it free without question.

I eventually stopped using that too.
Whatever I was on, I got a months supply at a time to accommodate the max daily dose.
I do get pain relief on prescription and have done for many years Margaret, I suppose I could get paracetamol as well, but its something I've always bought, so haven't bothered. I use them in conjunction with DF118s and thankfully they keep me relatively pain free, by that I mean its just a discomfort more than a pain now
Old 27-02-2012, 18:32   #844
Resting in Peace

Quote:
From about 1800 to 1985 a highly powerful hallucinogenic -datura stramonium - was used in Asthma treatment medication. In special cigarettes and also as a form of tea in which the fumes were inhaled, but if taken as tea and the liquid drank would cause serious mind warping effects - I wonder if Lewis Carroll used this stuff as it was commonly available and would give serious hallucinations. In those days was viewed as a mere homeopathic remedy!!!
Hardluck Asthma: 1800-1985: Asthma Cigarettes

As far as me losing the argument is concerned; all I hear from you lot is personal attacks and not a lot of decent evidence apart from "knee jerk" reactions!
Hell am I glad that things have moved on, Asthma Fags, those Yanks sure as hell had strange ways, mind you one promoter of the fags was Dr Batty, says it all really
Old 29-02-2012, 19:54   #845
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
As you've stated on here that you took heroin recreationally, should that be made legal?

As for personal attacks.

Since no one know's you from Adam, and the only information that's known about you, are things you've chosen to have made public, any 'attacks' are carried out with the rod you've made for your own spineless back.
Your posts have always been antagonistic - you do it on purpose and I consider you to be a Troll - that is someone who makes statements to antagonise another. Any threats I made were because you kept bringing up my brother and his actions which had nothing to do with me. It's obvious you did it for the reasons "Trolls" operate to provoke a reaction.

The attacks against me have been that my brain is addled by drugs and therefore my argument is not valid.

I have told you that not everyone who tries drugs becomes an addict - something you refuse to accept.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 19:59   #846
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Your posts have always been antagonistic - you do it on purpose and I consider you to be a Troll - that is someone who makes statements to antagonise another. Any threats I made were because you kept bringing up my brother and his actions which had nothing to do with me. It's obvious you did it for the reasons "Trolls" operate to provoke a reaction.

The attacks against me have been that my brain is addled by drugs and therefore my argument is not valid.

I have told you that not everyone who tries drugs becomes an addict - something you refuse to accept.
It's really very simple.

Or should be.

You've publicly stated you've taken heroin 'recreationally'.

Should it be legalised, for everyone to take recreationally?

Old 29-02-2012, 20:55   #847
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's really very simple.

Or should be.

Yes?

No?

Too difficult a question to answer?

Old 29-02-2012, 23:21   #848
Senior Member+

I've just done a search and it appears the Monkee's were involved in the drugs scene of the 60's in LA! i.e LSD - cannabis - cocaine!

How Does it Feel to Be One of the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE?
Old 29-02-2012, 23:33   #849
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes?

No?

Too difficult a question to answer?
No I don't think it should at the moment!

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-02-2012 at 23:42.
Old 29-02-2012, 23:51   #850
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No I don't think it should.
Why not?

What makes heroin different from other drugs, that you, and other people take for their own pleasure?

What currently illegal drugs should be decriminalised, and made readily available to all, for 'recreational' use?

You haven't made your stance very clear.

You've mentioned some of the illegal drugs you've taken recreationally.

Which should, and which shouldn't be freely available for all?

Perhaps you'd better make a list.

To make yourself properly understood.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:56   #851
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I've just done a search and it appears the Monkee's were involved in the drugs scene of the 60's in LA! i.e LSD - cannabis - cocaine!

How Does it Feel to Be One of the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE?
So did Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Brian Jones it sure as hell was a great career booster for them wasn't it
Old 01-03-2012, 09:34   #852
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
No I don't think it should at the moment!
At what moment should it be?
Old 01-03-2012, 13:06   #853

Quote:
It's really very simple.

Or should be.

Heroin in it's purest form doesn't damage the body. It's all the additives that are used to bulk it out etc that make it as harmful as it is. It might mentally cause harm - but not physically.

More people a year die from alcohol & tobacco than all other drugs combined.

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 13:09   #854
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post

More people a year die from alcohol & tobacco than all other drugs combined.
Which is what to do wi legalising illegal drugs?
Old 01-03-2012, 13:16   #855

Supposed to be edited out. Wrote more - but couldn't be bothered elaborating on it.

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..