Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 16:57   #991
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Hendrix was killed by barbiturates, in the official version of events, which are prescription drugs! However there are theories that he was murdered (not saying I believe them) also that the ambulance men did not treat him right and kept him on his back instead of putting him on his side....

The Enduring Legacy of LSD In Contemporary Music
Hendrix killed by barbiturates you say which are prescription drugs granted.Was hendrix being prescribed them or had he obtained them from another source? As marg p (a former nursing sister ) has said all drugs are dangerous whether prescribed or obtained by other means.
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2012, 17:35   #992
Resting in Peace

Quote:
These people like Garinda, Less, Cashman and Jaysay etc aren't bothered about the facts here they are only concerned with undermining any decent fact based debate about drugs.

They believe what they read in papers like the Daily Mail who also twist facts for their own agenda!

Read this:

Cannabis 'kills 30,000 a year' | Mail Online

Death from a Cannabis overdose is extremely rare - if ever! FACT! This Daily Mail headline is lies!
There is no debate on drugs amongst right minded people, drugs are an evil that need to be eradicated from society not placated by brain addled clowns like you
Old 06-03-2012, 17:42   #993
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oooops some personal attacks in there Gordon - maybe you should read the rules! Probably a large percentage of such people (more than anyone can know) have also partaken of drugs, back in the day! Proving that "some" drugs arn't as damaging as a lot of people here are making out!

As for your comments on "Doing a responsible job" again personal attacks against my health which are based on subjective judgements!
Well you ain't making a very good case for "some" drugs aren't as damaging as a lot of people make out are, its obviously addled your brain many moons ago, it may have been better if you'd just have said NO in the first place
Old 06-03-2012, 17:53   #994
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Hendrix killed by barbiturates you say which are prescription drugs granted.Was hendrix being prescribed them or had he obtained them from another source? As marg p (a former nursing sister ) has said all drugs are dangerous whether prescribed or obtained by other means.
Your spot on there Dave, I'm no stranger to prescribed drugs, without them I wouldn't be around, but I probably know as much if not more about those drugs I'm taking than some medics, I know all about what they do just how strong a dose my body can take to alleviate some symptoms (I do have a self management plan) and the most important thing of all the interaction between certain drugs. Only last week I was put on some very strong anti biotic, but I instantly knew that I had to halve the intake of another drug which interacts with it. Knowing just how important the use of prescribed drugs are in health care program, it really does pee me off when clowns like we have on here are trying to justify take drugs for fun, they're just brain dead morons
Old 06-03-2012, 21:10   #995
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Really? I can't see any.
Next time you're with your GP( having a cosy chat about your mutual experiences?) ask him if he can recommend a treatment for paranoia and can he suggest a good course on Anger Management.
Rubbish!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 21:26   #996
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
His girlfriend gave them to him to help him sleep according to the official version of events!
Old 06-03-2012, 21:28   #997
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There is no debate on drugs amongst right minded people, drugs are an evil that need to be eradicated from society not placated by brain addled clowns like you

Does that include tobacco and alcohol? I take it then that you won't want to sign the petition to legalise cannabis?

Legalise cannabis - e-petitions
Old 07-03-2012, 08:37   #998
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Does that include tobacco and alcohol? I take it then that you won't want to sign the petition to legalise cannabis?

Legalise cannabis - e-petitions
Na that's for Jackasses like you
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51   #999
Senior Member+

Quote:
Na that's for Jackasses like you
In this program shown on BBC 1 yesterday, story about Cannabis extract "Sativex" which contains active cannabis chemicals, It's available on the NHS for pain relief for MS sufferers! Many who have to buy cannabis illegally as it is a very effective pain killer. Is this why it's banned - the big money pharmacutrical companies, in league with the government don't want people "growing their own" effective pain relief!? They want us to pay for it through the chemists! - Just a suggestion please no abuse for this! lol!2nd story on BBC i Player... the story about Sativex is the 2nd one into the program:

BBC iPlayer - Postcode Lottery: Episode 3

Sativex is a cannabis extract...

Sativex -

Last edited by kestrelx; 08-03-2012 at 11:57.
Old 08-03-2012, 16:57   #1000

If you read previous posts you'll find that nobody is against the legal use of drugs for medicinal purposes, it is the illegal use of drugs for so called recreational purposes which people object to. I can't be bothered to go to your links because quite honestly you can find anything to suit any argument on the internet so you need to decide specifically what you are trying to prove and then broaden your research methods in order to put forward a more credible argument.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 17:32   #1001
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
it is the illegal use of drugs for so called recreational purposes which people object to.
I don't actually object to people using drugs for recreational purposes, what they do in their own homes is up to them.

What I do find objectional is the way the pro-drugs folk go all evangelical as if they have found some chemical faith and want to force their views on the rest of us.

After all, the thread starter asked for peoples opinions about it, but strangely objects to the fact that the majority don't agree with him.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 17:43   #1002
Resting in Peace

Quote:
In this program shown on BBC 1 yesterday, story about Cannabis extract "Sativex" which contains active cannabis chemicals, It's available on the NHS for pain relief for MS sufferers! Many who have to buy cannabis illegally as it is a very effective pain killer. Is this why it's banned - the big money pharmacutrical companies, in league with the government don't want people "growing their own" effective pain relief!? They want us to pay for it through the chemists! - Just a suggestion please no abuse for this! lol!2nd story on BBC i Player... the story about Sativex is the 2nd one into the program:

BBC iPlayer - Postcode Lottery: Episode 3

Sativex is a cannabis extract...

Sativex -
You really are a total prat aren't you, anything available on prescription is not an illegal drug, some of the meds I receive on script are classed as illegal substances if sold on the street to people who just want to use it for kicks. I sure as hell wish I didn't need anything at all to keep me alive, but sadly I do, which is why I get totally peed off by people like you trying to justify the use of drugs for pleasure
Old 08-03-2012, 19:20   #1003

I dont think this guy looks on accy web so ill post his view

Billionaire Richard Branson talks about ending the War on Drugs. - YouTube

Old 10-03-2012, 15:53   #1004
Senior Member+

Quote:
You really are a total prat aren't you, anything available on prescription is not an illegal drug, some of the meds I receive on script are classed as illegal substances if sold on the street to people who just want to use it for kicks. I sure as hell wish I didn't need anything at all to keep me alive, but sadly I do, which is why I get totally peed off by people like you trying to justify the use of drugs for pleasure
"you really are a pratt!" I think you should read the rules about personal insults! It seems the moderators here are turning a blind eye!

The issue is that people with Multiple Sclerosis find "illegal cannabis" the most effective pain killer and are being treat like criminals as they can't get it on the NHS so they have to buy illegal drugs OK!

Sorry about your illness man!
Old 10-03-2012, 16:02   #1005
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

The issue is that people with Multiple Sclerosis find "illegal cannabis" the most effective pain killer and are being treat like criminals as they can't get it on the NHS so they have to buy illegal drugs OK!
I seem to understand from the title of this thread, it is you wishing to legalise illegal drugs.

The fact that one of those drugs can alleviate pain, is a factor towards that drug, not all illegal drugs.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..