Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 16:28   #1006
Resting in Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
"you really are a pratt!" I think you should read the rules about personal insults! It seems the moderators here are turning a blind eye!

The issue is that people with Multiple Sclerosis find "illegal cannabis" the most effective pain killer and are being treat like criminals as they can't get it on the NHS so they have to buy illegal drugs OK!

Sorry about your illness man!
calling you a prat is not an insult its a fact
Old 10-03-2012, 17:11   #1007

Quote:
"you really are a pratt!" I think you should read the rules about personal insults! It seems the moderators here are turning a blind eye!
I think you need to pay attention to some of the very offensive personal remarks and insults you have made towards others on this thread and practice what you preach!

Last edited by Neil; 11-03-2012 at 19:50. Reason: fix quote
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 17:19   #1008
Beacon of light

Quote:

The issue is that people with Multiple Sclerosis find "illegal cannabis" the most effective pain killer and are being treat like criminals as they can't get it on the NHS so they have to buy illegal drugs OK

Sorry about your illness man!
I said I wouldn't post anymore to this thread, but I just have to correct you.

Those who suffer from MS can now be prescribed Sativex(it was trialled some ten years ago so this is not a new thing).......which is a cannabinoid legal drug made especially for this purpose....so MS sufferers do not have to resort to using illegal cannabis.

In an earlier thread you asked if the pharma company were blocking the legalisation of cannabis because it robs them(or deprives) of revenue.

If you think about this logically, the pharma companies would love to legalise the stuff, as it would be a regular and lucrative market for them.

It is illegal for a reason......that reason has been gone over and over and over in previous posts.......but you cannot be convinced because you don't want to listen to an opinion which differs from your own.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 19:38   #1009
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
calling you a prat is not an insult its a fact
You are a double pratt and I don't give a damn if you have "back up!"
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 19:42   #1010
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I said I wouldn't post anymore to this thread, but I just have to correct you.

Those who suffer from MS can now be prescribed Sativex(it was trialled some ten years ago so this is not a new thing).......which is a cannabinoid legal drug made especially for this purpose....so MS sufferers do not have to resort to using illegal cannabis.

In an earlier thread you asked if the pharma company were blocking the legalisation of cannabis because it robs them(or deprives) of revenue.

If you think about this logically, the pharma companies would love to legalise the stuff, as it would be a regular and lucrative market for them.

It is illegal for a reason......that reason has been gone over and over and over in previous posts.......but you cannot be convinced because you don't want to listen to an opinion which differs from your own.
You are wrong - I posted a legitmate link from a BBC program that contradicts what you are saying!

I aleady posted the link to this program which clearly stated a woman was denied this Sativex and then a consultant who was prescribing it was told by the NHS Trust he worked for to stop issueing prescriptions - when one woman claimed until she tried Sativex was going to commit suicide... so again you are not getting the facts right!

Also not all NHS trusts can provide it anyway, because all trusts prioritise what drugs they think are needed more - so not all NHS areas provide this drug! Which means many MS sufferers do buy illegal cannabis to meet their needs!

Your point about pharmacutrical companies wanting to legalise it I doubt it! If it was legal then that would mean people could grow their own and that would cut their profits! Drugs like asparin, paracetomol etc can't be "home grown" they have to be bought from chemists and make companies Billions - you can't grow your own paracetomol!

Last edited by kestrelx; 10-03-2012 at 19:48.
Old 10-03-2012, 19:46   #1011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
I dont think this guy looks on accy web so ill post his view

Billionaire Richard Branson talks about ending the War on Drugs. - YouTube

Good post I havn't seen this one!
Old 10-03-2012, 19:51   #1012

Quote:
How very childish, you'll be taking your toys home at playtime next!
Old 10-03-2012, 20:09   #1013
Beacon of light

Quote:
You are wrong - I posted a legitmate link from a BBC program that contradicts what you are saying!

I aleady posted the link to this program which clearly stated a woman was denied this Sativex and then a consultant who was prescribing it was told by the NHS Trust he worked for to stop issueing prescriptions - when one woman claimed until she tried Sativex was going to commit suicide... so again you are not getting the facts right!

Also not all NHS trusts can provide it anyway, because all trusts prioritise what drugs they think are needed more - so not all NHS areas provide this drug! Which means many MS sufferers do buy illegal cannabis to meet their needs!

Your point about pharmacutrical companies wanting to legalise it I doubt it! If it was legal then that would mean people could grow their own and that would cut their profits! Drugs like asparin, paracetomol etc can't be "home grown" they have to be bought from chemists and make companies Billions - you can't grow your own paracetomol!
No, if it was legalised, then I am pretty sure that the government would want to ensure that what was legalised, was up to pharma standards...so growing your own wouldn't be an option.(which is why I said in an earlier post, you would still have a black market in the stuff and a gang culture).

Whilst working in the NHS, I saw Sativex prescribed for MS sufferers.
My own sister in law suffers from MS and she is prescribed Sativex.
I am stating facts as I know them...and not to prove a particular point.

I could not view the link to the BBC program....so I am not able to comment on it.

As I said previously, we are never going to agree on this subject so let us leave it there shall we?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:30   #1014
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a fool than keep opening it and taking away any reasonable doubt
ps prat only has one "t"
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01   #1015
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a fool than keep opening it and taking away any reasonable doubt
ps prat only has one "t"
Nasty piece of work you are! You have stated that "there is no debate on legalising illegal drugs - that no one should take drugs for recreational purposes!" But what about alcohol and tobacco which kill 1,000's of people per year!

New research shows Internet effects young brains like Cocaine!

Internet Addiction Can Change Your Brain Like A Cocaine Addiction - Business Insider

Last edited by kestrelx; 11-03-2012 at 11:06.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:05   #1016
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
How very childish, you'll be taking your toys home at playtime next!
You are childish - people like Jaysay can say what they like knowing that Garinda, Less, Cashman will back them up! That is a fact of human behaviour on this web site - that little clique can control and undermine debate!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34   #1017
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
You are childish - people like Jaysay can say what they like knowing that Garinda, Less, Cashman will back them up! That is a fact of human behaviour on this web site - that little clique can control and undermine debate!
Now there you go, without knowing you were going to have yet another dig at myself and others, I have just agreed with you in the internet creates morons thread that you just started.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:53   #1018
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Now there you go, without knowing you were going to have yet another dig at myself and others, I have just agreed with you in the internet creates morons thread that you just started.

Yeh! and some?

Watch this video clip - the real reason Cannabis is illegal...

Old 11-03-2012, 16:41   #1019

Quote:
You have no debate when you reduce yourself to name calling people who don't agree with you. Your point seems to be that if people don't agree with you then they have no point of view - I think that might make you a bigot? I would like to know, other than your personal opinions and your 'internet based research' what evidence you have that legalising currently illegal drugs would have ant benefit for our society?
I have a great deal of knowledge - both personal and professional - and I have studied the issue in some depth as well as having worked with young substance users for some years. My opinion based on my background knowledge and experience is that the legalisation of currently illegal drugs would be a mistake. I would appreciate a response from you which does not include personal insults and is based on facts which are not internet based.
Old 11-03-2012, 17:09   #1020

Quote:
Yeh! and some?

Watch this video clip - the real reason Cannabis is illegal...

Good video
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..