Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2012, 22:45   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Omg ott! DNA for dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
someone tell me why hyndburns dog warden is seen regularly in rising bridge ... seeing as we are in rossendale .. whats he doing here ....
Probably dossing.
Old 16-03-2012, 23:04   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
someone tell me why hyndburns dog warden is seen regularly in rising bridge ... seeing as we are in rossendale .. whats he doing here ....

Spreading DNA.

All the dogs he catches in Hyndburn, he takes them there for their walkies.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 12:38   #33
Senior Member+

Any volunteers to collect samples?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 12:39   #34
Senior Member+

Let's have dna samples on view in Haworth Art Gallery
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 14:58   #35
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Nothing at all to do with me, maybe Ken knows how this idea started.
This whole front page exclusive is the result of an off the cuff remark at an Area Council meeting after I was contacted by a forensic vet who had seen our ongoing attempts at tackling dog fouling in the national press. I have had a brief e-mail correspondence with the gentleman who explained what he does and have said I will get back in touch at some point but that is all. I haven't spoken to him, we haven't done any costings and it is not something I have explored in any depth at all. Despite telling reporter Jon McPherson this repeatedly, he decided to make a sensational news story out of it in much the same way as he did with the bus trips last month.

My working relationship with Emma Cruces at the Lancashire Telegraph far more satisfactory and if I ask her not to run a story until I have more facts for her she will wait rather than fill up the Hyndburn page with rubbish like this.

I'm afraid this Grade A story from the Accrington Observer has only led me to to further mistrust its reporters. Pity really, I always try to give them something each week for their Rishton page. Hacking off the sources of your news stories isn't the best way of going about things and I won't be sending stories or giving interviews to the Accrington Observer in future.

Enjoy your front page story, I hope it was worth it.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 15:03   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
This whole front page exclusive is the result of an off the cuff remark at an Area Council meeting after I was contacted by a forensic vet who had seen our ongoing attempts at tackling dog fouling in the national press. I have had a brief e-mail correspondence with the gentleman who explained what he does and have said I will get back in touch at some point but that is all. I haven't spoken to him, we haven't done any costings and it is not something I have explored in any depth at all. Despite telling reporter Jon McPherson this repeatedly, he decided to make a sensational news story out of it in much the same way as he did with the bus trips last month.

My working relationship with Emma Cruces at the Lancashire Telegraph far more satisfactory and if I ask her not to run a story until I have more facts for her she will wait rather than fill up the Hyndburn page with rubbish like this.

I'm afraid this Grade A story from the Accrington Observer has only led me to to further mistrust its reporters. Pity really, I always try to give them something each week for their Rishton page. Hacking off the sources of your news stories isn't the best way of going about things and I won't be sending stories or giving interviews to the Accrington Observer in future.

Enjoy your front page story, I hope it was worth it.
News must have been very slow this week Ken, or maybe Reporters who arn't prepared to go out and find it, it is there, if they look. Was talking to my Son In Law at lunchtime, he's a former CSI officer, when I mentioned the story he just laughed.
Old 17-03-2012, 15:03   #37
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Leave dead Ken alone, if you had read the article, he was ducking under as best he could.

Perhaps he was given the job as spokesman for such a red hot pile of doo doo by the bosses just to see him sink?
Whatever you may think of the controlling group, I'm never left to fend for myself or take the flack for something. If anything, Deputy Leader Clare Pritchard has done a lot of work to help me out on several projects far and above what I would expect from any colleague.

We don't dump each other in it, we leave that to other political groups.

Old 17-03-2012, 15:08   #38
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
News must have been very slow this week Ken, or maybe Reporters who arn't prepared to go out and find it, it is there, if they look. Was talking to my Son In Law at lunchtime, he's a former CSI officer, when I mentioned the story he just laughed.
There is news aplenty, but as you say you have to look for it. It might not all be Daily Mail sensationalism but I would rather see three or four small articles about upcoming local events than read some non-story that is padded out just to fill up space.

I want to support my local paper, I really do, but it makes it very difficult when facts are thrown over in favour of a supposedly hot story.

Very disappointing.

Old 17-03-2012, 15:12   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There is news aplenty, but as you say you have to look for it. It might not all be Daily Mail sensationalism but I would rather see three or four small articles about upcoming local events than read some non-story that is padded out just to fill up space.

I want to support my local paper, I really do, but it makes it very difficult when facts are thrown over in favour of a supposedly hot story.

Very disappointing.
Especially when the Hot Story, is cobblers
Old 17-03-2012, 15:47   #40
Give, give, give member

'Those who would sup with the devil need a long spoon.'

Old 17-03-2012, 15:54   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
or maybe Reporters who arn't prepared to go out and find it, it is there, if they look.
Apparently so, all over the streets to be more precise so hence the headlines !
Old 17-03-2012, 16:41   #42

Garinda, please could you tell me what the profile picture is about, I'm finding it slightly disturbing but at the same time inriguing - sorry to break the thread!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 16:46   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Garinda, please could you tell me what the profile picture is about, I'm finding it slightly disturbing but at the same time inriguing - sorry to break the thread!
I like it.

The greens are soothing.

Reminds me of a self-portrait I had to do when I was seventeen, and had acne.

Old 17-03-2012, 18:25   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
You will be accused of going horse riding together if you are not careful
Old 17-03-2012, 18:26   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Whatever you may think of the controlling group, I'm never left to fend for myself or take the flack for something. If anything, Deputy Leader Clare Pritchard has done a lot of work to help me out on several projects far and above what I would expect from any colleague.

We don't dump each other in it, we leave that to other political groups.
Good post Ken, too many people abuse those in power who have hard and often unpopular decisions to make

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..