Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2012, 15:19   #121
Give, give, give member

Re: Omg ott! DNA for dogs

I like this idea.

NYU Student Wants to Convert Dog Poop into Fuel - DNAinfo.com

People could soon be running out in the streets with a bucket. To pick up any dog's plop-plops.

Even if a passing pooch just had a strained look on it's face, and was only thinking about laying a steaming, golden, dog egg.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2012, 15:25   #122
God Member

The EU has invested a load of money in methane digesters for the waste from farming -ie what cows produce - they have unfortunately been found not to be as good in practise as in theory as the waste alone is not enough to fuel them. I have visited several and the idea is great as they produce and sell electricity and the "waste" loses it's smell -shame they are not a financially viable option.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 15:43   #123
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
The EU has invested a load of money in methane digesters for the waste from farming -ie what cows produce - they have unfortunately been found not to be as good in practise as in theory as the waste alone is not enough to fuel them. I have visited several and the idea is great as they produce and sell electricity and the "waste" loses it's smell -shame they are not a financially viable option.
Sat in my trailer park the other day, I happened to read on one of those conspiracy website that cars can run on fresh air.

But the world's secret elite rulers are keeping it all hush-hush.

To apparently make more money, and see the breakdown of this planet's current governing bodies.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if the Rothschilds start investing heavily in pooper-scoopers.

Old 23-03-2012, 16:03   #124
Give, give, give member

What do they say?

About mud sticking?

Or in this case, dog dirt.

Even David Icke's talking about Hyndburn's very own, Cllr. Canine Mess.

Dog **** Could be Subjected to DNA Testing Under Plans Being Considered by a Council - David Icke Website

Careless talk, even off-the-cuff guff, costs lives...and risks losing votes.

Nutty David Icke!

Woof, woof.

Last edited by garinda; 23-03-2012 at 16:05.
Old 23-03-2012, 17:43   #125
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why not?
Just because you say so?
I have just posted links to a company that shows previous comments about cost are wrong and that either your son-in-law did not know what he was talking about or things have changed a lot in 4 years.
No Neil its just that I have a little common sense, which you apparently lack on this subject
Old 23-03-2012, 17:49   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What do they say?

About mud sticking?

Dog **** Could be Subjected to DNA Testing Under Plans Being Considered by a Council - David Icke Website

Nutty David Icke!

Woof, woof.
Well HBC has made it onto David Icke's web site, as you say Rindi thats really funny
Old 23-03-2012, 17:54   #127
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No Neil its just that I have a little common sense, which you apparently lack on this subject
Do you? I think your just being short sighted. The costs I posted are cheap and easily coverable by fines to the dog owner. What we need is a government that is not as short sighted as you obviously are.
Old 23-03-2012, 18:02   #128
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You'd probably find Cherie Blair, being funded by the tax payer via Legal Aid, taking on cases, because peoples' Human Rights were infringed, because they didn't want DNA samples taken from their much loved property.

Of course, they could always take their cases to the European Courts of Justice.

As the backing of the European Union would be needed, before anything like this was introduced.

After all, we are Hyndburn International.

Old 23-03-2012, 18:06   #129
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Do you? I think your just being short sighted. The costs I posted are cheap and easily coverable by fines to the dog owner. What we need is a government that is not as short sighted as you obviously are.
We have laws in place.

How many people are fined in Hyndburn now, for not cleaning up their dog's mess?

Old 23-03-2012, 18:19   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I would think the government a few things a little more pressing that talking about dog crap, in parliament, it's not being short sighted its looking at thing logically, DNA testing every dog in Hyndburn and somebody going round scooping up dog droppings, well when you think about it is laughable, if they fine irresponsible dog owners £5k for the first offence, I think these people would think twice about not cleaning up after their little pooch
Old 23-03-2012, 20:29   #131
Resting In Peace

Quote:
They've been a hot topic on The Archers for some time - but I don't suppose you can get that in Italy...
Old 23-03-2012, 20:56   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
They've been a hot topic on The Archers for some time - but I don't suppose you can get that in Italy...
Never really followed the Archers Sue -but as for methane digesters they are a highly contentious subject.

To keep them going you don't just need the "Poop" that has been scooped. They end up having to top them up with high quality maize which is at a premium and it just isn't financially viable. As an alternative, in N. Europe they mince up the remains of animals that die on farms and feed that in ...not a nice reality and will probably have the animal rights folk up in arms -but that is he reality of this particular science. The digesters cost millions to set up (many of which come from EU grants to agriculture) and run so ...at the end of the day they are not a viable "ecological" option for now at least.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-03-2012, 20:58   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What do they say?

About mud sticking?

Nutty David Icke!

Woof, woof.
Mutley will always get my vote!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-03-2012, 20:58   #134
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Never really followed the Archers Sue -but as for methane digesters they are a highly contentious subject.

To keep them going you don't just need the "Poop" that has been scooped. They end up having to top them up with high quality maize which is at a premium and it just isn't financially viable. As an alternative, in N. Europe they mince up the remains of animals that die on farms and feed that in ...not a nice reality and will probably have the animal rights folk up in arms -but that is he reality of this particular science. The digesters cost millions to set up (many of which come from EU grants to agriculture) and run so ...at the end of the day they are not a viable "ecological" option for now at least.
Well you've got to get rid of dead animals somehow, whether the animal rights people like it or not.

We used to take our dead goats to the hunt kennels to be fed to the hungry pack of hounds...
Old 23-03-2012, 21:04   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well you've got to get rid of dead animals somehow, whether the animal rights people like it or not.

We used to take our dead goats to the hunt kennels to be fed to the hungry pack of hounds...
Sounds rather bloodthirsty...

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..