Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2012, 13:24   #91
God Member

Re: Omg ott! DNA for dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
... lets look at horses, they may not be as numerous, but they leave a lump that you can trip over.
Used to be shovels at dawn on Cranbourne Drive waiting for Jackson's milk delivery. Bobby the cart-horse was fairly regular in his daily routine, in front of number 24 usually. Then it was a real "War of the Roses" -whoever shovelled it up first had the best display guaranteed -highly prized stuff among garden enthusiasts! Worth its steaming weight in gold

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2012, 14:14   #92
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
whoever shovelled it up first had the best display guaranteed -highly prized stuff among garden enthusiasts! Worth its steaming weight in gold
I always put it on my rhubarb if I'm lucky enough to come across it.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 14:49   #93
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I always put it on my rhubarb if I'm lucky enough to come across it.

May I be the first to state the obvious... I prefer custard on mine!
Boom Boom!
Old 22-03-2012, 16:25   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Used to be shovels at dawn on Cranbourne Drive waiting for Jackson's milk delivery. Bobby the cart-horse was fairly regular in his daily routine, in front of number 24 usually. Then it was a real "War of the Roses" -whoever shovelled it up first had the best display guaranteed -highly prized stuff among garden enthusiasts! Worth its steaming weight in gold
If it was the same benifical outcome with dog poo then people would follow me around when I walk the dog, rather than chase me with a stick
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 17:42   #95
Resting in Peace

There are no problems with responsible dog owners, its the dog owner who don't give a damn, I find it hard that a dog should be put down because some owner can't be bothered to do the right thing, maybe we should put the owners down
Old 22-03-2012, 18:03   #96
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
£200 a pop for the testing,
Is that your keyboard, you, or your spell checker, surely you mean poop ?
Old 22-03-2012, 18:13   #97
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
There are no problems with responsible dog owners, its the dog owner who don't give a damn,
I met one of these so called responsible dog owners on my way down town, she had it on a lead.

It happened to be one of those extendable leads, allows the dog 50 feet extension, but what the hey, the dogs under control?

It was on a narrow path, the dog took a dislike to me sharing it's space and yapping and running had my legs tied in knots.

The owners reaction? Will you stop annoying my dog?

Once untangled from this hound from hell, it moved less then 3 yards, then left solid evidence it had been there.

I asked the owner to clean up, after all, it's her dog, the language from such a frail old lady gave me the impression her earlier career had been located outside the Bay Horse in Blackburn, some of the words, I didn't recognise.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 18:23   #98
Resting in Peace

Well I've just had a word with my Son-in-law who is an ex-csi investigator, at the time he retired, 4 years ago, only mitochondrial DNA was possible from waste from either an animal or a human, it could have changed. The cost to the police at that time for a forensic DNA test was about £90 but is was a deal done with the police, so no doubt it would be more now
Old 22-03-2012, 20:30   #99
God Member

Quote:
Well I've just had a word with my Son-in-law who is an ex-csi investigator, at the time he retired, 4 years ago, only mitochondrial DNA was possible from waste from either an animal or a human, it could have changed. The cost to the police at that time for a forensic DNA test was about £90 but is was a deal done with the police, so no doubt it would be more now
Undoubtedley the whole idea is ridiculous -that's why we're all enjoying wittering on about it and making "excrement" related jokes and comments.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by Mick; 23-03-2012 at 06:14.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 21:25   #100
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Undoubtedley the whole idea is ridiculous -that's why we're all enjoying wittering on about it and making "excrement" related jokes and comments.

Naughty naughty Di - Neil told me off for using asterisks last week and removed them - apparently they are not allowed...

Last edited by Mick; 23-03-2012 at 06:14.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 21:34   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:

so are you poopooing the idea, I know, but there are only so many plop jokes

Last edited by Mick; 23-03-2012 at 06:15.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 21:43   #102
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Read what you will in asterisks -hope Neil will forgive me the number "one" this time!
Surely it should be number two???
Old 23-03-2012, 05:56   #103
Senior Member+

One or two lumps?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 09:00   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Is it ridiculous?

Here is a link to a US news story.

U.S. News - Dog-poop DNA testing raises stench with renters

It says the initial cost to the dog owners for the DNA test will be $30 and when caught fouling they will be fined $100 which will pay for the kit and the test.

Here is a link to a US company that do dog testing PooPrints - BioPet Vet Lab

This link shows that it does only cost $30 to initially test a dog PooPrints - DNA Collection Kit

This link shows that its $50 for 5 dog waste collection kits which makes it $10 per collection PooPrints - Waste Sample Collection Kit

You then have to pay for the test extra. The first link says that the $100 fine covers the cost of the kit and the test.

A cost of $30 each time you buy a new dog sounds dirt cheap to me if it makes the streets cleaner.

All we need is a government with some backbone - oops I see a problem already.
Old 23-03-2012, 09:18   #105
Resting in Peace

DNA testing just won't work, but a £5000 fine when some one is caught letting their dog foul, would, I think, focus the mind of irresponsible dog owners

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..