Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2011, 11:20   #136
Senior Member+

Re: 7 Released

Disappointing, but not totally unexpected. I would think that this will just be the first of many over the next few days, as contracts end and pre-season starts.

At least things are coming to a head and JC will have a clearer idea of what he needs for the coming season.
Old 27-06-2011, 20:20   #137

Hope Phil's increased wages will support the bigger mortgage required down south - good luck to him, even tho he's missed the chance of getting nearer to Stanley leg end status. Wot were you thinking Phil ?!
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 09:54   #138

Hi Guys, Torquay fan in peace here.

Heard via the rumour mill we are due to be signing Andy Parkinson today and wondered what you guys thought of him during his time with you?

Thanks in advance and good luck in the coming season.
GullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 10:32   #139
God Member

steady away but didn't light the world up for us if I'm honest. Did a job while he played but if he wasn't in the following team nobody thought owt of it. Good bloke though.
Old 02-07-2011, 13:45   #140

Chris Turner is doing his pre season training with Barrow
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 20:09   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullsFan View Post
Hi Guys, Torquay fan in peace here.

Heard via the rumour mill we are due to be signing Andy Parkinson today and wondered what you guys thought of him during his time with you?

Thanks in advance and good luck in the coming season.
he will make a good impact sub, doesnt have the legs for a full 90 minutes nor does he make much of an impact if he starts a game.

decent league 2 squad player.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 23:24   #142
Senior Member+

Davo,you stated parky doesnt have the legs anymore?,what do you base this on?,was you at training every day?.
For your information,he was in the top three fittest players in the squad !!,I know i have mentioned this before,but i couldnt understand Coley not using him more,I can only presume his style of play didnt suit the system played,or he just couldnt dis-lodge the form players
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 14:52   #143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
Chris Turner is doing his pre season training with Barrow
Not seen anything official but was told this morning he had signed
Old 14-07-2011, 18:03   #144
Full Member+

I said he'd find his level.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 18:18   #145
Senior Member+

Absolute garbage gobblin.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 23:03   #146
Full Member+

Thank you kind sir. Garbage it may be in your eyes, but it is my opinion and I'm entitled to express it - as indeed you are with your misguided comment about Rob Heys. However, I fail to see league clubs forming a queue for Turner's signature and, if indeed, he's signed for Barrow, I rest my case. I shall be watching his progress with interest.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 23:22   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

disagree gobbin, think turner will certainly develop into a league player, we shall see.
Old 15-07-2011, 07:43   #148
Senior Member+

I think you are both correct but coming from different angles.
Oldgobbin,hes already played at this level,so obviously, when on the top of his game he can again.
There lies the problem.Only Chris will know if he wants it badly,as the saying goes,you are only as good as your last game.
Its nearly two years since he was in a rich vein of form,and in my opinion,he should have gone out on loan(like Jon Bateson did),to get him going again.
I ve seen loads of players go down this avenue,talented lads,whos fire in there belly goes out,and they drift out into non-league.
Didnt Radcliffes goalie play at man utd?,another lad,rated as the next big thing at man utd was realeased by Altrincham recently!
You can blame everybody,but in the end its how bad the player wants it,and how he deals with other distractions that come a young lads way.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 07:45   #149

Another example - Ray Putterill !!
Old 15-07-2011, 10:46   #150

Chris T hasnt signed as yet he is training with Barrow but a couple of other clubs have be in touch with him too
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..