Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2011, 15:38   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: 7 Released

Let's just see where these seven players end up. I would be very surprised if any of them are playing in the Football League next season.

That said, I don't think that Murphy should be playing in the Football League next season.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2011, 15:49   #17
Junior Member+

Maybe Coley is leaving and taking Turner with him?? How the hell is SM still in the squad??
voiceofreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:02   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
then they brought Chris on as the system suited him,it didnt make much difference (although having 9 men didnt help )
dont think thats fair, to judge out of one match as jimmy ryan who played ace all season didnt really set the world on fire on the same game

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:10   #19
Senior Member+

Doom, doom, doom....

Good Luck to all, but Coley sees these players every day in training & continues to make the correct choices. In Coley we trust!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:19   #20
God Member

Genuinely gutted that Chris is no longer a Stanley player

But the lad will go on to bigger & better things of that I have no doubt

A creative genuine wide man who has come through the ranks, may not suit our type of system but I have no doubt you have what it takes to play at a higher level.

It has been a pleasure to know you and watch your career from being part of the youth team, to your first contract, to your first team debut to being crowned Young Player of the Year and seeing you make over sixty appearances for Stanley.

Stanley's loss will be somebody else's gain

I shall watch your career go on to blossom with a keen eye.

All the Best Chris

He plays on the left.... He plays on the right.......

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:30   #21
Senior Member+

Well I echo most of the statements on here.............. but in Coley we do trust.

However IF the likes of Murphy, Leam & Lindfield get a contract then I really must watch a different game to Coley on occasion.

Good luck Chris im sure you will end up a very good League player in the future!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:32   #22

agree some players have survived the axe that probably shudnt have but i cant go along with this feeling that turner will be a big miss. he has always flattered to decieve imho and people say he never had a chance well 66 appearances says otherwise. granted not many starts but for my memory not many real highlights which would make me worry about him coming back to haunt us. coley has been doing this along time now and i cant think of any1 released who has gone anywhere and flourished.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:44   #23
God Member

Only fringe players being released suggests 2 or 3 key players could be brought in to strenghten a play off team. Can't be that bad despite the sentiment for Chris Turner
Old 23-05-2011, 16:48   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Doom, doom, doom....Good Luck to all, but Coley sees these players every day in training & continues to make the correct choices. In Coley we trust!
I have to disagree, Jase. If ever we needed a plan B it was after the first playoff leg where Stevenage got our number and imposed themselves on our midfield players, 2 in particular. Coley's conservative choice of the same starting 11 meant we continued the same tactics of hoofing the ball in the air time after time. IMHO, starting with Turner and Putterill would have put them under pressure, and maybe we would have played in the style we did with only 9 men, the only period of the game when we kept the ball and played with any degree of possession, strangely enough. If we had made better use of our squad during the season I believe we would have had a magical season, rather than a merely brilliant one!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:52   #25
Senior Member+

Im not sure if the season could have gone any better to be honest, considering where we where at the turn of the year.

But I do agree the likes of Razor and Turner SHOULD have been given more game time.

Obviously we are clutching at straws, roll on July
Old 23-05-2011, 16:54   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
agree some players have survived the axe that probably shudnt have but i cant go along with this feeling that turner will be a big miss. he has always flattered to decieve imho and people say he never had a chance well 66 appearances says otherwise. granted not many starts but for my memory not many real highlights which would make me worry about him coming back to haunt us. coley has been doing this along time now and i cant think of any1 released who has gone anywhere and flourished.
Two that stand out this season who spun the game on it's head to get us the glamour tie versus "The Toon" in the Carling Cup?

Instant impact when brought on against Burton to keep the unbeaten run intact.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:57   #27
Senior Member+

Couldent agree more Pendle.

Razor in particular was on fire the 1st 20 games of the season, obviously the ban hit him hard but im hoping a good pre-season and he will be back.

Those that where at Burton saw how Chris changed the game.

Im just hoping he sorts a good club as he liked by ALL the fans at Stanley.
Old 23-05-2011, 16:58   #28

In reply to Rude Dog - Chris certainly did well when he came on in the last ten against Doncaster and popped up with a goal and an assist to help get us through to play Newcastle. That was certainly a highlight for me. Apart from that he has only played a matter of minutes with cameo appearances. Not been given a chance IMHO. Think Bateson could go on and do well too. He didnt seem to do anything wrong but was dropped like a brick. He's another non scouser though. Good luck to all the lads that have been releasedand hope to see you at The Crown ground again just to prove Coley wrong.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 17:03   #29

Again quite dissapointed that turner has been released but never got a sniff all season, pretty sure he would of wanted to stay with it being local for him etc but suppose it wasnt meant to be.

However, what do peter murphy and lindfield bring to the squad at all? murphy may be able to play in a number of positions but the way he plays in half of those positions he wouldn't even get into a conference north side! Lindfield, 1 goal all season says it all. Granted that way have been away at doncaster but he struggled getting it in, and like it or not strikers are judged on goals and he simply doesnt deliver.

However again agreed, coley's a genius and im sure he will have something up his sleeve

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 17:05   #30
God Member

Maybe he is going to sign a faster winger.......... Russell Booth

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..