Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2011, 20:13   #121
Senior Member+

Re: 7 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Cheers, Larry. Sorry to see you both go, but I'm sure John will make a success of his career at Macc. Still think he was our best full back last season!
Agree 100%
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2011, 21:38   #122
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Thanks for the ride Fellas !!! from next season I'll be supporting Macclesfield Town, for reasons that are obvious just a couple of posts up. I've enjoyed supporting Stanley and being honest would have loved things to have gone better and had the chance to follow the Reds again this season.

A season of two halves for me (and Stanley). Up to November, absolutely loved it, November to the end of the season was frustrating for me but fantastic for the team. I did defect to Altrincham in March and April, but it just wasn't the same.

Highlights of the season for me included the Newcastle match, that was a terrific night at the Crown, but from a "fans" point of view the previous round at Doncaster was an incredible event. The support from the Stanley fans at the keepmoat that night was the best show of support I've ever seen anywhere, from any fans, in 40 plus years of watching footy. 120 minutes of non stop chanting, drumming and singing. I drove home after that match tingling with excitement.

Best of luck this coming season and thanks for the support my lad has received from this messageboard and the fans in general. I'm proud to say my lad played for ACCRINGTON STANLEY, and so is he.
Take it easy Larry; hope you and John both have success, both on the park and in life itself. Once Accrington Stanley is in your veins it never leaves you. You will always be; and forever Red, no matter where you roam or how long it takes you. All the best.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 08:41   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Thanks for the ride Fellas !!! from next season I'll be supporting Macclesfield Town, for reasons that are obvious just a couple of posts up. I've enjoyed supporting Stanley and being honest would have loved things to have gone better and had the chance to follow the Reds again this season.

A season of two halves for me (and Stanley). Up to November, absolutely loved it, November to the end of the season was frustrating for me but fantastic for the team. I did defect to Altrincham in March and April, but it just wasn't the same.

Highlights of the season for me included the Newcastle match, that was a terrific night at the Crown, but from a "fans" point of view the previous round at Doncaster was an incredible event. The support from the Stanley fans at the keepmoat that night was the best show of support I've ever seen anywhere, from any fans, in 40 plus years of watching footy. 120 minutes of non stop chanting, drumming and singing. I drove home after that match tingling with excitement.

Best of luck this coming season and thanks for the support my lad has received from this messageboard and the fans in general. I'm proud to say my lad played for ACCRINGTON STANLEY, and so is he.

Fair play for coming on here and saying that. I think we all agree along with Chris Turner , Jon was treated abit harshly last season and no doubt we are all big fans of his.

Im sure he will make the RB position his own at the Silkmen.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 11:10   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Cheers, Larry. Sorry to see you both go, but I'm sure John will make a success of his career at Macc. Still think he was our best full back last season!
Better than Dean Winnard or Joe Jacobson? Err yeah alright...

Good luck Jon.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 11:25   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

Good luck Jon.
debateable shaker, fer me though as Jacobsen n Ryan seem uncertain to remain, it beats the crap outa me why Bateson n Turner have been released.
Old 25-06-2011, 11:42   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

Good luck Jon.
Oh yes!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 21:17   #127
Senior Member+

Bateson did well early season when we we had a good start. When we hardly let a goal in against us for about 6 or 7 matches, then he got sent off at Bury, (harshly), and never got another look in. Hope he doesn't come back to haunt us!!?? Good luck to the lad, hope he does well, except when we play them!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 10:11   #128
Senior Member+

The latest rumour to pass my ears this morning is phil edwards has signed for Stevenage. I hope not but I cant help thinking if he has signed for someone else its been coming. Suprised he didn't go last year if I'm honest.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 10:13   #129
Senior Member+

It would appear that it is not a rumour.

Stevenage | News | Latest News | Latest News | BORO AGREE TERMS WITH PHIL EDWARDS
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 10:19   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Ouch !!
Old 27-06-2011, 10:37   #131

Stevenage | News | Latest News | Latest News | BORO AGREE TERMS WITH PHIL EDWARDS
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 10:37   #132

opps double post
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 10:50   #133
Resting In Peace

According to wikipedia Phil Edwards signed for Stevenage today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Edwards_(footballer)
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 11:15   #134
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
According to wikipedia Phil Edwards signed for Stevenage today

Phil Edwards (footballer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
His contract at Stanley runs out end of june Blooming stevenage of all teams,GUTTED
Old 27-06-2011, 11:17   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Blooming stevenage of all teams,GUTTED
I don't think one person would begrudge Phil his chance at a division higher. Just his choice of team

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..