Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2011, 17:08   #31

Re: 7 Released

Coley and Jimmy has given us an unbelievable season given everything what has happened on and off the pitch.

Our squad size and wages bill for the squad have be a killer to the club the last 2 seasons if not more,we have to reduce the out goings,simple!

We can only play so many players,do we pay for lads to just train and play the odd game for res?

IMHO Coley and Jimmy will have be told to reduce the squad size if they wants to offer our star players better contracts and keep them at the Crown.

Football is a business and as heartless as it sounds we as club cant afford to keep lads on just because they are nice,I do wish all the lads luck where ever they end up playing.

Coley and Jimmy have a vison where they what to take the team and a plan and style of game its hard facts that not every lad will fit into this,this by all means this does not mean the lads are not good enough for league 2 or any other league it just means they dont fit with coley and jimmys plans for the next season and lets face his plan for this season has work ace,we were in the play offs!

Last edited by katei77; 23-05-2011 at 17:10.
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2011, 17:26   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
agree some players have survived the axe that probably shudnt have but i cant go along with this feeling that turner will be a big miss. he has always flattered to decieve imho and people say he never had a chance well 66 appearances says otherwise. granted not many starts but for my memory not many real highlights which would make me worry about him coming back to haunt us. coley has been doing this along time now and i cant think of any1 released who has gone anywhere and flourished.

I may be mistaken but didn't Stevenage have two in their ranks

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 17:29   #33
Senior Member+

Theres plenty more................
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 18:05   #34

Found Lindfield up for a free transfer on pfa website
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 18:12   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
Found Lindfield up for a free transfer on pfa website

Well spotted.

Amazed at some of the names on there to be honest.
Old 23-05-2011, 18:13   #36
Senior Member+

If he is on the Free Transfer list than surely that means he has a contract???

Or am I mistaken???
Old 23-05-2011, 18:24   #37
Senior Member+

Maybe we should ask Brett Ormerod to come back to us, he is being released by Blackpool. Somehow though, I think we can never match his wages, which is a shame really. Would make a wonderful foil forf Terry Gornell up front playing 4-4-2 or even 4-4-1-1

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 18:25   #38
Senior Member+

Dream on Ozz
Old 23-05-2011, 18:32   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
Our squad size and wages bill for the squad have be a killer to the club the last 2 seasons if not more,we have to reduce the out goings,simple!

We can only play so many players,do we pay for lads to just train and play the odd game for res?
What a load of rubbish that is !!! We have one of the smallest squads in the league 2 and the lowest wage bill in the football league and probably the conference aswell included!!

A player like Chris Turner was a good player and a player like him was on peanuts! So getting rid of players like him is simply not about money!!

unfortunatly now we need our chairman to up the game with investers etc! We need to not get rid of players because we cant afford other players wages, we need to sort practical and good wages for players we need to keep etc! if we dont then were just going nowhere and it will be the on going cycle were all imune to now!

Gutted about Chris going as he actually was generally a good talent who changed games! How Murphy and Lindfield are still in the squad is beyond me!!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 18:39   #40

how big is our clubs income?

income has to match out goings

our income does not match the out goings a couple of P-P games and we are struggling to pay the bills

my view wasnt that it was all down money but more to do with not fitting in with coleys plans as i said i wish all the lads luck where ever they end up

Last edited by katei77; 23-05-2011 at 18:41.
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 18:45   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
unfortunatly now we need our chairman to up the game with investers etc!

Why is it down to the chairman ? Pretty sure he said while he is prepared to support the club where necessary it has to survive on it merit.
Old 23-05-2011, 18:59   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
how big is our clubs income?

income has to match out goings

our income does not match the out goings a couple of P-P games and we are struggling to pay the bills

my view wasnt that it was all down money but more to do with not fitting in with coleys plans as i said i wish all the lads luck where ever they end up
Why not leave the finances to the club? and just leave yourself to supporting the team on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Why is it down to the chairman ? Pretty sure he said while he is prepared to support the club where necessary it has to survive on it merit.
But her also said he was looking at people to invest in the club! We obviously need investment with businesses sponsering etc and so its down to the chairman to sort this out. For e.g the stadium he may be sorting out for the club

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 19:04   #43

Found five youth team players looking for clubs- Matt Lawler, Jamie Larner, Jordan Rimmer, Anthony Field, And Connor Hobson
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 19:12   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Why not leave the finances to the club? and just leave yourself to supporting the team on the field.

But her also said he was looking at people to invest in the club! We obviously need investment with businesses sponsering etc and so its down to the chairman to sort this out. For e.g the stadium he may be sorting out for the club

You seem to have contradicted yourself there
Old 23-05-2011, 19:21   #45

CT evidently had a trial with us before joining you guys. Got injured but maybe another chance for him now that we've got a different management team with their own ideas.

Certainly has a number of admirers on SVs
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..