Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2011, 10:14   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: 7 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
I don't think Jonathan Bateson deserved to be discarded the way that he was. From first team regular, to being completely ignored overnight. Just because of getting sent off at Bury.
Sorry, forgot him. I agree with that. He is at least as good as, or even better, than the first team regulars. Just remind me, how many goals did we concede when he was a regular in the team?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2011, 12:04   #92
Senior Member+

Redraine,you will find Jon Batesons last four games for Acci, the team conceeded 14 goals,the following four league games,when he dropped to the bench, they conceeded 3.
Those stats may or may not have some bearing on why he never forced his way back in the team.
I like Jon as a player,and he may have carried the can for those stats,only the gaffer could tell you,but after he made his debut on loan at Alty,he was quickly dispatched to the bench after a few games.
He is a good player,maybe just an unlucky one.
We are not at training ever day,therefore you have to accept what coaching staff deem as there strongest team
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 15:37   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Redraine,you will find Jon Batesons last four games for Acci, the team conceeded 14 goals,the following four league games,when he dropped to the bench, they conceeded 3.
Those stats may or may not have some bearing on why he never forced his way back in the team.
I like Jon as a player,and he may have carried the can for those stats,only the gaffer could tell you,but after he made his debut on loan at Alty,he was quickly dispatched to the bench after a few games.
He is a good player,maybe just an unlucky one.
We are not at training ever day,therefore you have to accept what coaching staff deem as there strongest team
Incorrect - we conceded 11 in his last 4 games, including the freak 7-4 against the Gills. In the previous 7 league games we conceded only 1 goal. Not only that, we actually conceded 13 goals in the next 4 games when he was absent!!!! He certainly was scape-goated, as in his last 4 games it was mistakes by our other defenders which mostly cost us. This may not prove anything, but let's get the facts straight.

Last edited by Redraine; 26-05-2011 at 15:43.
Old 26-05-2011, 16:06   #94
Senior Member+

I also liked Bateson, but I think after Jacobsen came into the side and Winnard moved to RB we looked a better side.

If you remember Bateson also played in the horror show away at Chesterfield, which turned out to be his last game. Shame really but alas I think we where a better side with Jacobsen in.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 19:22   #95
Senior Member+

Talking Re: 7 Released

Redraine,maths and english were not my strongest subjects ! ,but i did say league games lol so here goes,assuming his last game was chesterfield ,
chesterfield 5
bury 3
gillingham 4
stockport 2
total 14
LEAGUE GAMES AFTER CHESTERFIELD,
southend 1
stevenage 0
bradford 1
barnet 2
I know the above doesnt make any difference,i was trying to answer your original post,and the above jumped out as a possible reason,as i said, hes a good player,but a good defender, i am unsure,as he got caught far to many times up field when the goals were flying in.
Old 26-05-2011, 20:46   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm wi smudge on this, much improved wi jacobsen in side, nowt against bateson, defense to me was pretty solid, more so without the guy.
Old 26-05-2011, 23:15   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Redraine,maths and english were not my strongest subjects ! ,but i did say league games lol so here goes,assuming his last game was chesterfield ,
chesterfield 5
bury 3
gillingham 4
stockport 2
total 14
LEAGUE GAMES AFTER CHESTERFIELD,
southend 1
stevenage 0
bradford 1
barnet 2
I know the above doesnt make any difference,i was trying to answer your original post,and the above jumped out as a possible reason,as i said, hes a good player,but a good defender, i am unsure,as he got caught far to many times up field when the goals were flying in.
Ouch! I forgot that Jon played at Chesterfield, thinking Bury was his last match, but don't forget the 3 league games in between, when he wasn't playing and we conceded 8 goals. I went to Chesterfield and thought he had rather a good game, whereas Sunbeds, Long and Cisak each had a shocker. Jon played a very strong attacking game that night - maybe that's where he went wrong!
Shall we move on?
Old 27-05-2011, 08:19   #98
Full Member+

According to Chris Flanagan ...

Putterill didn't attend the 'retained meeting' as he was ill and he will find out if he has been offered a contract when Coley returns on Thursday - they want to talk to the players face-to-face.

Khan wants to raise a million for Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 08:37   #99
Senior Member+

Agreed,redraine,we shall move on!!! lol.
The only suprise to me last season,was the way Parky wasnt used as much.People on here were saying hes past it etc...,but in reality he was one of the fittest in the squad all season,and his experience could have counted in the end of season pressure games.
Old 27-05-2011, 10:26   #100

Quote:
Agreed,redraine,we shall move on!!! lol.
The only suprise to me last season,was the way Parky wasnt used as much.People on here were saying hes past it etc...,but in reality he was one of the fittest in the squad all season,and his experience could have counted in the end of season pressure games.
I was thinking the same, I would much rather have had Parkinson in the starting XI than Sean.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 11:32   #101
Senior Member+

Sam,I think Coleman missed a trick in my opinion,by not playing him in at least one of the last two games.
It would have given Stevenage plenty to think about because of his experience on the pitch.
He can also play wide and thro the middle,so it could of give us a plan B ,without making subs.
Ihave been a supporter of sean mac all season,but before a ball was kicked,I had a feeling it wouldnt be his type of game which put pressure on Acci when they had the ball.
Old 27-05-2011, 18:39   #102
Resting in Peace

Coley on his unrealistic budget for next season:-

Battle to keep Stanley squad together | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk
Old 27-05-2011, 20:10   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Is it me or are there 2 different song sheets in that article
Old 28-05-2011, 08:32   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Is it me or are there 2 different song sheets in that article
No, it's not just you.
Old 28-05-2011, 08:38   #105
Senior Member+

Re: The playing budget.

I think everybody realises we had too many players this season, yes we where VERY lucky with injuries & suspensions, but for the first time EVER Heys talks abit of sense mentioning the amount of players we had sat in the stands every week.

Surely if we can reduce the squad in terms of numbers we can keep the quality core of players we need to challenge again.

Im just hoping the likes of Sunbed, Hessey, Jacobsen, Ryan, Gornell, Cisak etc have been offered 2 year deals, then we can really start building for the future.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..