Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2011, 22:54   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 7 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Re: The playing budget.

I think everybody realises we had too many players this season, yes we where VERY lucky with injuries & suspensions, but for the first time EVER Heys talks abit of sense mentioning the amount of players we had sat in the stands every week.

Surely if we can reduce the squad in terms of numbers we can keep the quality core of players we need to challenge again.

Im just hoping the likes of Sunbed, Hessey, Jacobsen, Ryan, Gornell, Cisak etc have been offered 2 year deals, then we can really start building for the future.
Thats to me the main thing "2 year deals" fer the core of the team.
Old 30-05-2011, 12:04   #107
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Saturdays Telegraph Bell: A move from Accrington Stanley isn?t Miles better (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 31-05-2011, 11:28   #108
mab
God Member

Here we go again Chase will be on for Accrington Stanley midfielder (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 31-05-2011, 11:43   #109
God Member

Quote:
Argentinian Asensio, who previously worked in Spain but is now scouting for friend Gus Poyet at Brighton, thinks Ryan has the technique to adapt to any style of football and suspects clubs, most likely in England, will be queuing up to sign the former Liverpool youth team player.
Wasn't it Gus Poyet who was supposed to have recommended JR to Zaragoza ?

The football season is bad enough trying to fill the pages of the Telegraph, summer must be scraping the barrel time
Old 01-06-2011, 13:49   #110
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Word on the street is that Leam Richardson is to sign a new deal with us.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 17:42   #111
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

Word on the street is that Leam Richardson is to sign a new deal with us.
You mean this shakermaker Richardson set for Accrington Stanley deal (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 01-06-2011, 17:44   #112
Senior Member+

Rather surprising that one for me.

No doubt he can be an asset WHEN he's fit, but how many games has he missed in the last two/ three seasons through injury???

Way too many, maybe he is on a pay-as-you play deal?
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:24   #113
mab
God Member

Crewe!!!! Crewe join list of Accrington Stanley striker's admirers (From Lancashire Telegraph) And Jimmy Bell on contracts.... No word yet on Accrington Stanley contracts (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 02-06-2011, 13:02   #114
Senior Member+

Thats an interesting article,saying players have 10 days to respond,as most have gone on two week holidays !!!,so i would imagine you could only verbally agree to resign,but didnt Miles agree last year then change his mind via i txt message ???
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 10:28   #115
Senior Member+

Heard last night John Bateson has signed for Macclesfield,wish him all the best and hope he doesnt come back to haunt Acci !!!!,Hes a good player and in my opinion will do well (like he did for Acci at the start of the season).
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 11:34   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Heard last night John Bateson has signed for Macclesfield,wish him all the best and hope he doesnt come back to haunt Acci !!!!,Hes a good player and in my opinion will do well (like he did for Acci at the start of the season).
Agree completely.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 19:41   #117

Thanks for the ride Fellas !!! from next season I'll be supporting Macclesfield Town, for reasons that are obvious just a couple of posts up. I've enjoyed supporting Stanley and being honest would have loved things to have gone better and had the chance to follow the Reds again this season.

A season of two halves for me (and Stanley). Up to November, absolutely loved it, November to the end of the season was frustrating for me but fantastic for the team. I did defect to Altrincham in March and April, but it just wasn't the same.

Highlights of the season for me included the Newcastle match, that was a terrific night at the Crown, but from a "fans" point of view the previous round at Doncaster was an incredible event. The support from the Stanley fans at the keepmoat that night was the best show of support I've ever seen anywhere, from any fans, in 40 plus years of watching footy. 120 minutes of non stop chanting, drumming and singing. I drove home after that match tingling with excitement.

Best of luck this coming season and thanks for the support my lad has received from this messageboard and the fans in general. I'm proud to say my lad played for ACCRINGTON STANLEY, and so is he.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 19:58   #118
God Member

Good luck to you as well Larry and to John all the best at the Silkmen

Thanks for some cracking contributions to this board

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 20:00   #119
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Good luck to you as well Larry and to John all the best at the Silkmen

Thanks for some cracking contributions to this board
Echo that sentiment to yeh both.
Old 24-06-2011, 20:03   #120
Resting in Peace

Cheers, Larry. Sorry to see you both go, but I'm sure John will make a success of his career at Macc. Still think he was our best full back last season!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..