Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2011, 13:21   #1

7 Released

See official site: Accrington Stanley

Gutted to see Turner go.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2011, 13:27   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 7 Released

agree sam, aint a shock to me though, case of face don't fit imho. theres another not on that list that should be, good lad but not up to it, still thats life, least things are moving in right direction.
Old 23-05-2011, 13:36   #3
Senior Member+

Cashman,I am scratching my head ! ,whos the other one ???
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 13:36   #4
bdc

I think that Chris deserved better treatment than he has had off JC, CT had a few offers when he signed his last contract but stayed loyal to the club. Now he has been released without ever really being given a proper chance. How is it that we are still in negotiations with Lindfield when he offers nothing to a game and hasn't even really played this season.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 13:40   #5
Senior Member+

bdc,that one confused me as well, Chris may not fit the style of football they are playing , but hes ideal for plan b , ie going 4-4-2 and giving natural width
Old 23-05-2011, 13:47   #6
Full Member+

Maybe Coley is confident Jimmy Ryan will be staying? He's the only one of the remaining midfielders who can play wide-right.

Had expected to see Craig Lindfield and Leam Richardson on the list. Would be great to see Leam still in a Stanley shirt, though I'm sure he'd only be offered a largely appearances-based contract.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 13:49   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
bdc,that one confused me as well, Chris may not fit the style of football they are playing , but hes ideal for plan b , ie going 4-4-2 and giving natural width
But we never have a plan B. Anyone other than the chosen few have to kick their heels on the bench. I have lost count of the quality players we have let go over the years after warming the bench, never getting a real chance. I too am baffled by the Lindfield situation.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 14:00   #8
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
But we never have a plan B. Anyone other than the chosen few have to kick their heels on the bench. I have lost count of the quality players we have let go over the years after warming the bench, never getting a real chance. I too am baffled by the Lindfield situation.
Redraine has it spot on, look at the fact that somehow Pete Murphy has yet again managed to not be released and he has played less than CT plus he wasn't even on the bench against Stevenage. How can it be right that we can keep rubbish like Lindfield and Murphy but release players that can actually offer something to a game.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 14:05   #9
Senior Member+

Gutted for Turner, think he will go on to another club and play very well, could come back and haunt us next season, good luck turner and all the lads who have been released

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 14:07   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

one thing we perhaps aint considered wi chris turner- does he want to stay? i would sure love to have kept him.
Old 23-05-2011, 14:13   #11
Senior Member+

Redraine,I agree with your post but against Stevenage,they went 4-4-2 in the second half,with craney being pushed up alongside Terry,then they brought Chris on as the system suited him,it didnt make much difference (although having 9 men didnt help ).
By releasing players,it also releases places in the squad to freshen things up .
Also important you have a balanced squad in terms of training , not just playing , Top players wont sit on the bench for ever,but young and fringe players will
Old 23-05-2011, 14:14   #12
Senior Member+

i was thinking, that with him not playing many games this season, every football player wants to be playing week in week out, also jon bateson aswell, he played well start of season than never got a look in

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 14:46   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree or disagree wi list. i fer one am pleased its been formulated P.D.Q. after the close of season.
Old 23-05-2011, 15:03   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I think that Chris deserved better treatment than he has had off JC, CT had a few offers when he signed his last contract but stayed loyal to the club. Now he has been released without ever really being given a proper chance. How is it that we are still in negotiations with Lindfield when he offers nothing to a game and hasn't even really played this season.

Place of Birth = Merseyside ???
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 15:28   #15

Angry Re: 7 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
[/b]

Place of Birth = Merseyside ???
Spot on. Gutted to see Turner go. Cant believe hes been released when the likes of Murphy and Lindfield have been offered contracts. Its laughable. Murphy offers nothing to the team and shows time and time again hes no league player. Lindfield has shown hes not up to the mark too. Chris has shown he has genuine skill and the crowd love him.Good luck Chris you deserved a chance and never got it. Itll soon be a full team of scousers!!!!!!!!!!!!
new red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..