Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2013, 23:02   #31

Re: Coley Sacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I remember when Coley & Bell first took the helm back in the Unibond days...Their first season in charge was hardly a rip-roaring tale of success as we limped into mid table.But what followed was unprecedented success,season upon season improvement and a meteoric rise from the obscurity of the Unibond to where we are now.
Incorrect. Coley took over after our first ever relegation with the club in crisis and languishing in the Unibond 1st Division. Mid-table for a long time he oversaw a miraculous run of wins towards the end of the season culminating in promotion during that glorious game against Farsley where Coley himself bagged. Sorry to be pedantic but cant let such a glorious season be forgotten!!

Agree with many other points though
Old 22-01-2013, 02:53   #32
God Member

Coley and Bell dumped us mid season. Given the great things they helped the club achieve, I spare them the disgrace of being ranked equal (by me) to that snake Cook. I have no wish to see them back..... Get behind Leam and stay there , at least till seasons end.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 02:55   #33
God Member

...I wonder if Bell returned, would McConville????....
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 05:50   #34

Bringing coley back to assist Leam would be a definite non-starter for me as some have suggested. It would destroy Leams confidence no end. However, what about jimmy coming in to assist Leam as a possible number 2? He knows what it takes and has no apparent designs on the top job, otherwise he would have thrown his hat in the ring when coley walked.

At least until the end of the season.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 06:42   #35
I am Banned

its not rocket science,liam is out of his depth as the past results show,and for all the sniping about jc and jb leaving the club when they did asfc have got worse since they left,jc was the most successfull manager in the history of asfc,and i for one hope that the jc jb management duo come back to where they belong at asfc as soon as possible because with their motivation asfc can climb out of the mess they are currently in,its a no brainer asfc,s most successfull management duo are available, YOU cant cut off your nose to spite your face,they may have left under a cloud but the cloud hovering over asfc now is the cloud of relegation,there was fun and passion with jc and jb there is no passion at all now,i think liam should step back and admit he is out of his depth and stay on in a coaching capacity, BRING BACK THE BEST DUO IN ASFC HISTORY BEFORE ITS TO LATE.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 07:32   #36

As supporters get behind Leam (and that is how it is spelt !!),he is working hard to get it right.One or two on here need to read the Rochdale forum,as to why there fans were calling for Coleman to go,drop in attendances,discipline issues (both players and management),a team full of ex Accy players,poor quality of football , the fact he went to Dubai for a week during the season etc.

Leam is restricted with the budget,and the fact that Cook signed a lot of players on loan to seemingly just sit in the stand.He now has January were hopefully he can start to shape his side.
Old 22-01-2013, 08:01   #37

i am not one for criticising peoples spelling or,punctuation but please could you at least make, an attempt to, do this valid as,your points are alan,they are,very difficult to understand if they,are just banged ,out on the, keyboard with a load of commas stuck,in there for good measure without the slightest thought,for a full stop, going back in time has never done anyone, any good just as liverpool and kenny dalglish or even marty mcfly could tell you, keep the faith in leam and, all will be, good starting, this weekend at plymouth,
baldy, Redash, Revived Red and 1 others like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:06   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
there was fun and passion with jc and jb there is no passion at all now
Wrong. JC in particular was wont to lean against the dugout when things were not going well, and rather than encourage his team, he would simply rant at the officials.
sparkie, Redraine, Redash and 1 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:06   #39

Well, here is an opportunity for the Board of Directors!

Let's see what wisdom and judgement they have, results affect attendances and income for the club which will affect the clubs survival and also which league they play in.

How much ambition and common sense do they have?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:11   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Well, here is an opportunity for the Board of Directors!

Let's see what wisdom and judgement they have, results affect attendances and income for the club which will affect the clubs survival and also which league they play in.

How much ambition and common sense do they have?
Yes, indeed. If they have "wisdom and judgement" along with "ambition and common sense", as I'm sure they do, they will look at the what the Rochdale fans have been saying about JC and JB.
Old 22-01-2013, 08:16   #41
Resting in Peace

Its never the same the second time around, and rarely ever works, better to keep on the straight and narrow and keep the status quo, at least to the end of the season, panicking into sacking or asking Liam to stand down would knock confidence in the squad, something that needs to be built on not destroyed
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:41   #42

" Its never the same the second time around, and rarely ever works, better to keep on the straight and narrow and keep the status quo, at least to the end of the season".

I totally agree, Stop living in the past.

Whats next? "Bring back Stan the Monkey".
Old 22-01-2013, 08:42   #43
Senior Member+

Sorry, but I just do not understand this nonsense about Leam being "out of his depth" etc. Some people seem to have the impression that he is up there, remote and totally isolated. That's not what I see; he seems to have plenty of advisers and assistants, some of whom have a good football background. Furthermore, I would be very surprised if he did not discuss ASFC with others involved in football at a higher level.
stanley convert likes this.
Old 22-01-2013, 08:46   #44
Senior Member+

Bring back Coleman and Bell, they are the best thing to happen to Accrington since 1968.

The horrible bitterness on this forum is the reason why I hardly bother posting here anymore.

To many negative people, with short term memories and personal vendettas.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:50   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its never the same the second time around, and rarely ever works, better to keep on the straight and narrow and keep the status quo, at least to the end of the season, panicking into sacking or asking Liam to stand down would knock confidence in the squad, something that needs to be built on not destroyed

Your wrong mate, I spoke to one of the players about the idea and he was very excited, Coleman and Jimmy would boost morale.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..