Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2013, 23:01   #106

Re: Coley Sacked!

He never fitted in with our Club his style of Football saw us lose almost 1000 Home Fan's this season i think it were the right choice that he were sacked his tactics were sussed by Opposition Football Team's which saw us only win 2 out of our last 11 games, i think he belongs with you lot at Stanley that's the only time ever saw him smile were when he were back there

LOVE THE DALE
tazzydjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2013, 09:32   #107
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzydjr View Post
He never fitted in with our Club his style of Football saw us lose almost 1000 Home Fan's this season i think it were the right choice that he were sacked his tactics were sussed by Opposition Football Team's which saw us only win 2 out of our last 11 games, i think he belongs with you lot at Stanley that's the only time ever saw him smile were when he were back there

LOVE THE DALE
For some one who LOVES THE DALE, 44 post on another teams webside says it all
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 10:03   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:

LOVE THE DALE
Whatever you do, just don't give up on the English lessons. I see a comma in there so you must be on the right lines.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 11:26   #109
Senior Member+

It really does bug me when talking about managers,there only as good as the players they have !!!Football has not changed,still 22 players trying to get bag of air in the same size goals.
Pitches and fitness may have improved slightly,but the principles the same.
Managers don't necessarily make good coaches and visa versa.
The real key to be a good manager is attracting good players who they can trust to do a good job,simple really.
The players available really dictate your team set up,it's not rocket science.
Acci got to the playoffs because they had a good spine to the team in cask,Edwards,proccy,Ryan and gornell.
That's why new managers try and bring there own players in,would Beattie have come to acci if coley was in charge?.
Would half tha acci old team gone to rochdale if coley didn't go?
Leam can only be judged when its his team,until then we should back him 100%
AccyMad, cashman, jaysay and 2 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 11:37   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

very true, but convincing some of the numpties is another matter.
Old 27-01-2013, 11:51   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red
Whatever you do, just don't give up on the English lessons. I see a comma in there so you must be on the right lines.
According to Rochdale's forum this tazzy character's diluted.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 13:07   #112

Talking Re: Coley Sacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
For some one who LOVES THE DALE, 44 post on another teams webside says it all
Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
It really does bug me when talking about managers,there only as good as the players they have !!!Football has not changed,still 22 players trying to get bag of air in the same size goals.
The real key to be a good manager is attracting good players who they can trust to do a good job,simple really.
Acci got to the playoffs because they had a good spine to the team in cask,Edwards,proccy,Ryan and gornell.
That's why new managers try and bring there own players in,would Beattie have come to acci if coley was in charge?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
very true, but convincing some of the numpties is another matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
According to Rochdale's forum this tazzy character's diluted.
This fancy Multi-Quote is new to me!! I know i have 40 odd posts on here sensible forum unlike the other, Coleman is suited to Accrington like Rafa is to Torres, i though. I'd give an opinion from a Rochdale Fans point of view and in reply to the last Quote their very childish over there aswell

LOVE THE DALE
tazzydjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 14:26   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
This fancy Multi-Quote is new to me!! I know i have 40 odd posts on here sensible forum unlike the other, Coleman is suited to Accrington like Rafa is to Torres, i though. I'd give an opinion from a Rochdale Fans point of view and in reply to the last Quote their very childish over there aswell

LOVE THE DALE
Can i ask why yer oer here when Rochdales yer team? Is it a case of "Billy No Mates" oer yon?
Old 27-01-2013, 14:30   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:

LOVE THE DALE
I thought it couldn't get any worse - but it did. How right you are, though. You have 40 very odd posts indeed.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 14:57   #115
Senior Member+

No problem with any fans from any club joining the debates,unless there are numpties,tazzy seems ok to me !,
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 15:56   #116
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No problem with any fans from any club joining the debates,unless there are numpties,tazzy seems ok to me !,
Don't think anyone objects to fans from any club joining in? its yer opinion of numpties that worries me.
Old 27-01-2013, 17:27   #117

Quote:
By that logic, given the fact we do not have the resources to allow Leam create his own team in the next 2 weeks the logical thing to do would be to bring in a manager who can work with the squad we have?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 17:31   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
By that logic, given the fact we do not have the resources to allow Leam create his own team in the next 2 weeks the logical thing to do would be to bring in a manager who can work with the squad we have?
Which aint logic at all, given that who yer on about,was no doubt on a much bigger salary,n how do yeh reckon he can work any better wi the squad Leam inherited from Cooky?
Old 27-01-2013, 17:53   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Which aint logic at all, given that who yer on about,was no doubt on a much bigger salary,n how do yeh reckon he can work any better wi the squad Leam inherited from Cooky?
Salary aside, which I give you could be a factor - the squad we have now its Cooky's and his style is pretty close to Coley's - suicidal fullbacks aside. From what Ive seen Leam wants to play the traditional lower league hoof ball - which I dont knock it can be very effective - hell look where Stevenage are compared to us. But the fact is you cant play that sort of game with our squad - which was built for passing football.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 18:04   #120
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's why new managers try and bring there own players in,would Beattie have come to assi if coley was in charge?.
Would half the acci old team gone to rochdale if coley didn't go?
Think your post is a very good synopsis of football club management football19, but I have to disagree about only being as good as the players they have, some people have the Midas touch, they say you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but some managers do. its a fallacy about Buying success, look at QPR, 21 internationals and probably one of the best managers around but Good managers have that certain something, they can turn average players into a very coordinated team, look what Clough did at Forest in the late 70s. Coley and Bell were great for Stanley, but their time has been, in my oppinion if they came back Stanley would be worse off, better to stick with Richardson. I've watch my team destroyed over the last two years by clowns who haven't a clue how to run a football club or a football team hence we've had 5 flaming managers in that time a certain recipe for disaster. I hope Stanley don't go down the same route a third manager this season would just about crucify the club, and should be avoided at all costs
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..