Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2013, 18:14   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Coley Sacked!

Can't agree Sam that Cookys style was very similar to Coleys, I enjoyed the football the snakes team played, endured coleys stuff. Whilst its been said millions of times Coley did a great job fer us, As far as i'm concerned that was as far as it would go n am near sure Coley knew that as well.

Last edited by cashman; 27-01-2013 at 18:17.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2013, 18:39   #122
Senior Member+

Jaysay,I understand what your saying,but cloughy and other managers got proven players and re-motivated them,when he didn't have his own players,he didn't last long,ie Leeds,who were a top team when he took over.That's why managers returning to there old clubs seldom work as normally the players who got him success have moved on.
Regarding Sams comments on coleys style of play,just read previous match reports around this time of the year,and he normally went long as well!!,mainly due to pitch conditions,quite a few posters disagreed with this policy.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:28   #123
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Jaysay,I understand what your saying,but cloughy and other managers got proven players and re-motivated them,when he didn't have his own players,he didn't last long,ie Leeds,who were a top team when he took over.That's why managers returning to there old clubs seldom work as normally the players who got him success have moved on.
Regarding Sam's comments on coleys style of play,just read previous match reports around this time of the year,and he normally went long as well!!,mainly due to pitch conditions,quite a few posters disagreed with this policy.
That was a very poor example Clough at Leeds that was prima dona player power nothing else, they didn't, no should I say wouldn't put up with the way cloughey worked, and the directors bottled it. managers going back is much the same as players going back that rarely works either, you can't turn the clock back
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 13:11   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Can't agree Sam that Cookys style was very similar to Coleys, I enjoyed the football the snakes team played, endured coleys stuff. Whilst its been said millions of times Coley did a great job fer us, As far as i'm concerned that was as far as it would go n am near sure Coley knew that as well.
"Endured" the play-off season? "Endured" 3 promotions and numerous cup runs? Goodness that must have been terrible to endure.

There has always been a spate of negativity surrounding Coleman...even when he was here you sensed some where willing him to fail and begrudgingly had to concede when we had success.

Imo comparing anybody to Coley, especially Leam is unfair. The level of success Coley brought was unprecedented and we will never see it's like again. If Leam can stabilise and get us consistent top half finishes that will have been an excellent job.
Old 28-01-2013, 13:15   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

When yeh advance leagues alvin, the standard obviously rises, Difficult to grasp fer some granted.
Old 28-01-2013, 14:02   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
When yeh advance leagues alvin, the standard obviously rises, Difficult to grasp fer some granted.

and so did Coley, Mullers, Proccy etc (many said that both of those would need replacing with every promotion )

Coley had his doubters for sure, and probably because he was very unprofessional in many senses. He suited the club at the time but it is true that behind the scenes we have moved on from much of what was bad during his reign (not bad due to him I might add). But lets not pretend that we're not still tinpot, or the worst supported club, or the most poorly facilitated. Coley would still be the most perfect fit manager out there for us, and it is true that some managers and clubs are just perfect fits.

I wouldn't for one minute sack Leam and reinstate the Genial one, but I wouldn't be crying about it if it did happen.

Whilst I'm on me soapbox I'd also add that Coley absolutely would save us from the drop. He fought long and hard to get this club to where it is now and wouldn't let that go without a fight.

Over the last two or three years we have lost practically every man that you could ever hang your hat on as "Mr Accrington Stanley in the public eye", Eric, Coley, Mullin, Procter were all public figures that were synonymous with the club, now only Rob Heys really carries that mantle. Whilst I have every respect for Rob and the job that he does, his public persona is one for the suits and Chamber of Commerce rather than a sleeves rolled up in the trenches to identify with the common man. If Coley were to ever come back he would be that man again and if we could combine what we have acheived back room since he left with that persona then we could be back in business again with the general public.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 16:07   #127
Senior Member+

Coley & Jimmy SOS (save our season)
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 16:09   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought the Panto season had finished.
sparkie likes this.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:09   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Coley & Jimmy SOS (save our season)
DAV007 SOS (Sod off Simpleton)
AccyMad, sparkie, cashman and 2 others like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 16:14   #130
Senior Member+

Keep ignoring the facts lads, and keep blindly supporting the worst manager in the football league
smudgie and madkev like this.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:17   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Better just ignoring you i think. yeh probably wouldn't be saying that if leam was one of yer scouse mates.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:22   #132
Senior Member+

Got alot of time for Liam as a player and as a person.
But the facts remain football league management is a step to far for the lad.
The team have no idea how to win and he has no idea how to change a game.

Time to act while we are still out of the relegation zone and while Coleman remains available.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:48   #133
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Keep ignoring the facts lads, and keep blindly supporting the worst manager in the football league
and what makes you think the coley would have a magic wand, there is one thing for sure, it would take him around ten matches to work things out, Stanley don't have that cushion
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:55   #134
Senior Member+

Thumbs down Re: Coley Sacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
and what makes you think the coley would have a magic wand, there is one thing for sure, it would take him around ten matches to work things out, Stanley don't have that cushion

10 matches? Says who?
The alternative is 10 more defeats with Liam in charge.
Coleman is the right man for the job, he has proven it time and time again.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28   #135
Senior Member+

Well said Macca, a great post.

As much as Coley had his faults, of which he had many. Nobody is perfect.

But for me, he could be the man to save the Stanley.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..