Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2013, 09:54   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Coley Sacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
In a strange sort of way, probably better than they are now, albeit an increase in away fans. Geographically League 2 is terrible for Stanley at the moment.
I wouldn't put money on it Dave
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2013, 09:57   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I have to disagree with Davo,it wouldn't be such a disaster if we went down to the BSP, as long as the club operates within its means.All the clubs are full time and its a very competitive league,indeed generally all the promoted clubs do well in the league.
Lot of good teams in it as well,Luton,macc,Grimsby,Lincoln to name a few ,will testify to this.
We operate with a mid BSP team budget,so it wouldn't kill us like a lot of other teams,and we shouldn't forget what debt nearly did to the club not long ago
I think you'll find there's a good hanfull uf them who are part-time; Southport, Bath and Telford spring to mind. Clubs relegated to the Conference also lose out on significant funding from the League and the Premiership TV monies. Have a look at this statement about Hereford's finances:
Club Statement On Finances
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:54   #78
God Member

so in a nutshell, relegation means a first season half million pound loss of funding, rising to 3/4 million for subsequent seasons. Hereford are operating in non-league with a wage bill of £924,000 - nearly twice our budget.

that article mentions monthly payments of £40k from the FL as a member of the 92 ... equivalent to our wage bill. So we are spending on wages what we are guaranteed from the FL.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:27   #79
God Member

Steady, lads, steady.
Obviously relegation from the League will be a very serious blow; but not to the same extent as in 1962.
I too have concerns that Mr. Richardson may struggle to keep the team up, but I backed him when both Messrs Coleman and Cook departed, and am not going to join those who seem to think we should, or could, parachute some miracle-worker manager in.
We've had references to Macclesfield on here but don't forget that, after a 14 game without a win, their manager was sacked and Brian Horton was brought in during March. They still went down. And, Coleman himself failed to keep Rochdale in League 1 having joined them twelve months ago.
Miracle managers are beloved by the media gossips and premier league's foreign owners, but I'm not sure they are the answer to the life and death struggle of a small but proud club.
The odd win would be useful.
Revived Red and caretaker like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 15:43   #80
Senior Member+

Agree exile,what i was trying to say is our clubs wages etc.. are more akin to the BSP,so although disappointing it wouldnt be a disaster.
Getting relegated from the prem league and not getting back straight away is a disaster!!,in money terms around 60 million when the new deal kicks in.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 16:00   #81
God Member

Oh for the problems that Premier league clubs have, F19 !

(actually, they're welcome to all their money; it comes at too high a price for my liking)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 16:03   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It would be a disaster in my book, having waited since 1962 fer a return. younger uns may not see that fact.
Old 23-01-2013, 17:18   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Getting relegated from the prem league and not getting back straight away is a disaster!!,in money terms around 60 million when the new deal kicks in.
And yet so many of them are in debt. Sorry - moving off thread.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 18:03   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
And yet so many of them are in debt. Sorry - moving off thread.
There isn't a club in any division that haven't got some debt, it how that debt is managed Red
Old 23-01-2013, 21:44   #85

If we go down it will be only one way down down down until its a call to sos again. Stop the rot. Win games leam/co
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 23:21   #86
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

6 Pages and 84/5 posts long just because The dale sacked jc and jb, great for stanley while they we're here and i/we thank them for what they acheived for stanley! But not so good for The dale simple as. But that's football!!Leam is our Manager and long my it continue lets put this thread to bed and get on with backing Leam to get the points required... on stanley on....
MikeA, AccyMad, sparkie and 5 others like this.
Old 24-01-2013, 08:05   #87
Full Member+

Until we lose at Plymouth,Then sparks will fly once more
Old 24-01-2013, 08:11   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad kev View Post
Until we lose at Plymouth,Then sparks will fly once more
Think the club want support not a doubting Thomas
Acky252 likes this.
Old 24-01-2013, 08:17   #89
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think the club want support not a doubting Thomas

Old 24-01-2013, 10:05   #90
Senior Member+

Johnny Coleman football genius
madkev likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..