Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2013, 08:59   #46
God Member

Re: Coley Sacked!

Thank goodness there are more voices of reason on here than those calling for Coley & Jimmy to come back, no disrespect to them & I wish them luck in finding a new club which I'm sure they will do soon but this is a new era at Stanley & although we're in a bit of a slump right now the fans need to back Leam & the boys to the hilt.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that it was their decision to go onwards & what they hoped would be upwards, just because it didn't quite work out for them at Dale doesn't mean we should immediately offer them a bolt-hole at Stanley, for a start, as others have said, Leam deserves much more respect than that.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2013, 09:01   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Your wrong mate, I spoke to one of the players about the idea and he was very excited, Coleman and Jimmy would boost morale.
Who was that then ? Sean McConville ?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 09:43   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Your wrong mate, I spoke to one of the players about the idea and he was very excited, Coleman and Jimmy would boost morale.
Take a look where its happened at other clubs usually ends up in tears, even so there is no telling whether coley and Bell would want to return, some managers also have a mind set of not going back
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 10:07   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Bring back Coleman and Bell, they are the best thing to happen to Accrington since 1968.

The horrible bitterness on this forum is the reason why I hardly bother posting here anymore.

To many negative people, with short term memories and personal vendettas.
Well i aint missed yeh. Bitterness yer talking crap as usual!! no-one i know wishes Coley n Jimmy any ill, n hopes they soon get fixed up. But as usual,if it don't fit your agenda.
Old 22-01-2013, 11:52   #50

Surely part of what makes Stanley unique is the way we support our people and not resort to the kneejerk quickfix actions of other outfits. Of course Leam has to learn his trade, just like any one else and given lack of resources he probably has the hardest job in the league. But I refuse to become a fairweather supporter and thus will still be behind Leam even if we do drop a division. Best wishes to John 'n Jimmy, but Leam is king here now and long may he reign.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 12:21   #51
Senior Member+

Can see both points of view,and the real question is do we run with loyality or common sense.
We are in the relegation mix,thats a fact,so do we go for experience or youth?.
The managerial side is a little like the playing side,which route do you opt for?
Although, not always the right choice,i am one who would choose loyality everytime,so its Leam for me
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 12:23   #52

Keith hill appointed at Dale until the end of the season. No shock there then.
Old 22-01-2013, 12:55   #53

Bet club hav phoned jc & jb all ready about helping out until end season. To stop us going down.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 13:07   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Keith hill appointed at Dale until the end of the season. No shock there then.
It will only be until the end of the season too
Old 22-01-2013, 13:16   #55

I hope they get fixed up soon otherwise we may have a thread to rival the one about "you know who"
Old 22-01-2013, 15:09   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Surely part of what makes Stanley unique is the way we support our people and not resort to the kneejerk quickfix actions of other outfits. Of course Leam has to learn his trade, just like any one else and given lack of resources he probably has the hardest job in the league. But I refuse to become a fairweather supporter and thus will still be behind Leam even if we do drop a division. Best wishes to John 'n Jimmy, but Leam is king here now and long may he reign.

You would rather play non league football?
Loyalty is worth more than league status?
Do you understand how much dropping out the league would cost the club and im not only talking about financially?
Accrington Stanley and its existence was not in the conciousness of the footballing world other than its naming in a milk advert prior to winning the conference.
A return to the non league has a major affect not only on the club but indirectly the town.
Although maybe the town will get what it wished for by failing to get behind the club.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 15:22   #57

DAV007 - Are you by any chance a friend of someone named "Malcolm the Mole" ?
Old 22-01-2013, 15:26   #58

Dont particularly want JC & JB back, but would take them or even the Snake (god forgive me) in place of the current manager.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 15:26   #59
God Member

[QUOTE=smobile;1038213]DAV007 - Are you by any chance a friend of someone named "Malcolm the Mole" ?[/QUOTE]

Aagh!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 15:39   #60
God Member

Quote:
Although maybe the town will get what it wished for by failing to get behind the club.
Would that be the same people who saw the club go under rather than raise money for the SOS appeal ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..