Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2013, 19:24   #16
Full Member+

Re: Coley Sacked!

The time is now....
Old 21-01-2013, 19:29   #17
Senior Member+

Cashy seems to have it about right.Bringing in cooky and leam probably saved the club a lot of money,and even more when cooky left !!!.
If he gets a good compo deal,wonder if he would come back for peanuts?? And help out !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 19:30   #18

Jimmy back ples. No john thanks
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 19:31   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Are you gonna fund his wage then Sam?
It'd be cheaper than dropping out of the league
madkev likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 19:43   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
It'd be cheaper than dropping out of the league
am I hearing you right,
Are you saying that if Leam stays in charge we are going down
But if we take Colly back we will survive
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 19:47   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
So much respect for leam and he is doing the best he can, but I really do feel he's struggling and out of his depth.Id love leam to be a success with us, but i cant see it happening.If coley came back now we will stay up, if not i fear for us big time.
I could not disagree more. We can always be grateful for what JC and JB achieved. But that is history.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 20:03   #22
God Member

John and Jimmy will always be great friends of our club. Their availability will always be mentioned around here as long as they are still in the game and we are still in existence, such is our affinity for the pair. I'm disappointed to see they've been laid off after trying their hand at a new challenge and hope they get back into work soon. If we were lacking a manager I'd be calling for their signatures again, as it is I think Leam deserves more respect.

Best of luck to the golden, balding duo. Hope they get another chance in the game soon.
AccyMad likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 20:05   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
So much respect for leam and he is doing the best he can, but I really do feel he's struggling and out of his depth.Id love leam to be a success with us, but i cant see it happening.If coley came back now we will stay up, if not i fear for us big time.
Whilst I can find some sentiment in what you are saying, JC and JB back at Stanley - NO. If we are to find someone to assist Leam, I would like to propose Keith Hill before he gets re-hired by The Dale.
I have a lot of respect for the two of them, for dragging the club up from what is now the 8th tier to League football, but they left and they will not be the same coming back to the club. As I say, get an experienced League 2 manager like Keith Hill to assist Leam up till the end of the season. Hard I know, but that is reality.
stanley convert likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 20:15   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
If we were lacking a manager I'd be calling for their signatures again, as it is I think Leam deserves more respect.
couldn't agree more Shakey. I'd have them back straight away if we were without a manager, but we aren't so Leam should be backed to the hilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
As I say, get an experienced League 2 manager like Keith Hill to assist Leam up till the end of the season..
First of all I'd say its bang on that he'll be after the Rochdale job, but regardless of that what on earth would any experienced L2 manage want to play second fiddle to a novice?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 20:16   #25
Senior Member+

Don't know how the compo would work as on a rolling 12 month deal and only 3 days before they need a renewal so would that mean 3 days worth of wages?
Old 21-01-2013, 20:31   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
Don't know how the compo would work as on a rolling 12 month deal and only 3 days before they need a renewal so would that mean 3 days worth of wages?

I think rolling 12 month means it's always a 12 month contract.
Old 21-01-2013, 21:10   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
No 12 month rolling means that at any given point in time the other party is entitled to year's notice. So your scenario would only apply in the unlikely event Coley and Jimmy were given a year's notice as soon as they started!

I did post on here on the thread about Coley's job being precarious that Keith Hill had just been sacked at Barnsley. Wonder whether and to what extent the managerial merry go round will now go into reverse.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 21:15   #28

I reckon so. Even if we did go down with Coley they would be entertaining. Leam's brand of football thus far is dull and ineffective.

I think he was the only man for the job at the time, stepped up before he was ready and fair play to him he's given it a go.

For me Leam is out of his depth for now, there is no shame in it but for the sake of his own career he'd be best stepping back and learning his trade a little longer.
fc:stanley likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 22:16   #29

I'm not saying I'd welcome John and Jimmy back, but I'll repeat my view, that, despite giving it his best, Leam is not up to the task at hand, and needs some help.

I don't know whether bringing a new manager in at this point would improve our survival chances or not, although I'd have a higher confidence with John and Jimmy than Leam, Paul and James, however there are times when we simply can't see what's best for us and I feel the board should be moving heaven and earth to bring some experienced support in for Leam and insist on this course of action. Leadership is about making brave decisions and this is a time for leadership.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 22:39   #30
Full Member+

For my two penneth.............

I remember when Coley & Bell first took the helm back in the Unibond days...Their first season in charge was hardly a rip-roaring tale of success as we limped into mid table.But what followed was unprecedented success,season upon season improvement and a meteoric rise from the obscurity of the Unibond to where we are now.

As much as I appreciate what Coley & Bell did for Stanley, I don't go along with the sentiments of a few on this thread who'd ditch Leam now in an effort to stave off the "dreaded drop" by appointing the dynamic duo.

O.K. Leam's record isn't great at the moment, but let's not forget that he's inherited a squad (which in the majority of the players ) was put together by another bloke and has very little resources to try and change things. I've been encouraged by Leam's signings. At least they show that he is trying to address the problem areas.

I don't think Coley & Bell would be able to wave some sort of imaginary "magic wand" and suddenly all the pieces of the jigsaw fall into place and we make a dramatic U turn in form.

And having Coleman & Bell back would be a bit similar to taking back an ex-partner who dropped you for somebody else. No matter how much you're attracted to them, you'd always be wondering whether they're planning the next move away to "greener pastures".

If we can steer clear of the drop this term, Leam will have had his "baptism of fire". He'll be a stronger and better manager for the experience and for me the board have to stand firmly behind the man and back him. If that means giving him money to spend, be it on players, wages or backroom staff then so be it.

I don't think there's a quick fix and chopping and changing things just for the sake of change doesn't work in the majority of cases.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 21-01-2013 at 22:42. Reason: changed wording
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..