Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

andyd 08-07-2020 11:45

Re: Bits & Bobs

Maybe the rules should be changed on administration instead of 12 points why not automatic relegation irrelevant of points gained.

Twenty Eight 08-07-2020 14:25

Next season could be hilarious at League One.
Bottom two starting on minus 12 Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday.

Outback Ozzy 08-07-2020 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1241805)
Next season could be hilarious at League One.
Bottom two starting on minus 12 Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday.

you may need to check facts here Twenty Eight, if Wigan are relegated, it will be because they had 12 points deducted from this seasons total (unless of course they finish in the relegation zone), I cannot speak of Sheff Wednesday because I don't know their points total this season, however, if not in the relegation zone (as with Wigan) then they would be deducted 12 points this season, but if they are in the relegation zone, they would be deducted 12 points next season. There is also talk of Wigan being deducted a further 15 points for another indiscretion. Talk about being kicked in the youknowwhats when they are down (so to speak)

Chewbacca 08-07-2020 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1241794)
And it does beg the question if interested now, why not before ???

They used to have the same ownership but there was no affinity between both sets of fans, however if you can buy the football club you more or less buy the ground you play it and now it makes economic sense. if Athletic go under it will harms Wigan, and also you don't know what vultures will come in if they spot a bargain.

AccyMad 09-07-2020 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241726)
should call em the name they use about them nowadays, joey bartons fleetwood.

And as if confirmation of the sort of club they are was needed, Paddy Madden charged with insulting/abusing a match official & Akinfenwa accusing a person officially connected with Fleetwood repeatedly abusing him during the game - just wonder if there'll be any action taken or if Joey's magic cloak covers his squad & staff too? :rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 09-07-2020 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1241813)
you may need to check facts here Twenty Eight, if Wigan are relegated, it will be because they had 12 points deducted from this seasons total (unless of course they finish in the relegation zone), I cannot speak of Sheff Wednesday because I don't know their points total this season, however, if not in the relegation zone (as with Wigan) then they would be deducted 12 points this season, but if they are in the relegation zone, they would be deducted 12 points next season. There is also talk of Wigan being deducted a further 15 points for another indiscretion. Talk about being kicked in the youknowwhats when they are down (so to speak)

I am fully aware of the facts. There is every chance that both clubs drop into the relegation zone the way they are playing.

monkey hanger 09-07-2020 07:54

funny how some clubs really mirror their manager. fleetwood with barton go together like fish and chips. those bad ones anyway.

monkey hanger 09-07-2020 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1241796)
Maybe the rules should be changed on administration instead of 12 points why not automatic relegation irrelevant of points gained.

plus those like macclesfield who regularly miss wage payment dates. 3 late payments and you are down.

Chimer 09-07-2020 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1241796)

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241821)
plus those like macclesfield who regularly miss wage payment dates. 3 late payments and you are down.

Be careful what you wish for. We may be OK just now with our current owner, but times do change .....

andyd 09-07-2020 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1241818)
I am fully aware of the facts. There is every chance that both clubs drop into the relegation zone the way they are playing.

I thought winning was how you had good form Wigan have won 4 out of 5 of their last games unless I am missing something.

VALAIRIAN 09-07-2020 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1241823)
Be careful what you wish for. We may be OK just now with our current owner, but times do change .....

Correct ;)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 09-07-2020 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1241823)

its back to club ownership yet again. the rules should be put inforce to stop people owning clubs who have got dubious reasons for owning them. fans groups should also be included in any talks of future ownership. i imagine that we can spot a wrong un before the league can. at the end of the day, no matter what business you are in, if you cannot pay wages you should not be in it. if there is no one suitable to take over that business then i,m afraid it has to die. there will be someone else somewhere who is able to do it. if this is a football club i,m afraid it should not be a special case.

andyd 09-07-2020 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241827)
its back to club ownership yet again. the rules should be put inforce to stop people owning clubs who have got dubious reasons for owning them. fans groups should also be included in any talks of future ownership. i imagine that we can spot a wrong un before the league can. at the end of the day, no matter what business you are in, if you cannot pay wages you should not be in it. if there is no one suitable to take over that business then i,m afraid it has to die. there will be someone else somewhere who is able to do it. if this is a football club i,m afraid it should not be a special case.

The EFL have said that the test is limited their own words the Wigan owner past it and then decided he couldn't fund it, the more foreign potencial owners that come forward especially from Asia the harder it is to trace their history. They need to tighten up then as Andy Holt has been shouting from the rooftops to deaf ears for ages regulations need tightening and as mentioned on previous thread if you can't afford to run the club you haven't been prudent enough and unfortunately face the consequences.

Exile on Spencer St 09-07-2020 11:04

In an interview Rick Parry explained that the Wigan ‘owner’
“passed the test, albeit it self-certifications and he provided...assurances”.
Wow, self-certified tests!
I seem to remember self-certified mortgage applications before 2008, and look where that ended.
However, he did go on to say:
“Why can we not have community owned, sustainable clubs? ”
Nothing will change, though, I suspect.

cashman 09-07-2020 11:54

Mr Parry is about as much use as Breasts on a Fella. the efl should have said long ago this test is nowhere near good enough,we must get it changed, not make excuses like he is doing.

monkey hanger 10-07-2020 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1241834)
“Why can we not have community owned, sustainable clubs? ”
Nothing will change, though, I suspect.

there are community owned clubs but mainly in the lower reaches of non league football. some say they are but there is someone somewhere with deep pockets behind them. there is nothing wrong with our present situation if its policed properly and making it harder and harder for clubs falling into any sort of foreign ownership. doubt many fans through the country would be happy with far eastern ownership or dodgy sheiks.

andyd 11-07-2020 08:16

R.I.P., big Jack Charlton passed away yesterday another of our greatest National side sadly gone.

monkey hanger 12-07-2020 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1241863)
R.I.P., big Jack Charlton passed away yesterday another of our greatest National side sadly gone.

plus an excellent club servant and manager at club and country level. along with cloughie he was someone who i,d love to have met. managed to meet brian but never big jack. what i have heard about him and his views i think we might have got on. my type of guy and wonder what he would have thought on the so called modern game.

andyd 12-07-2020 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241868)
plus an excellent club servant and manager at club and country level. along with cloughie he was someone who i,d love to have met. managed to meet brian but never big jack. what i have heard about him and his views i think we might have got on. my type of guy and wonder what he would have thought on the so called modern game.

For a bloke who in his youth spent time working down the pit watching guys who think nothing of spending £500,000 on a watch after a so called tackle squirm about on the floor in faked agony to jump up seconds later I can only imagine.

monkey hanger 13-07-2020 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1241869)
after a so called tackle squirm about on the floor in faked agony to jump up seconds later I can only imagine.

he would have felt the same as the majority of us do when we see the same. a good well timed hard tackle for me was the best thing on the pitch to see after a goal.

cashman 13-07-2020 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241891)
he would have felt the same as the majority of us do when we see the same. a good well timed hard tackle for me was the best thing on the pitch to see after a goal.

Do yeh mean kick em then they cant score again?:D:D

andyd 13-07-2020 09:02

After blatantly breaking the rules Man City's European ban is overturned allowing them to compete in next year's European competions, and along with others break the rules what is the point in having a rule book stinks.

cashman 13-07-2020 09:21

To me it looks like Money Talks?

AccyMad 13-07-2020 21:05

Congratulations to Wycombe, promoted to the Championship tonight with a win over Oxford - shame though, it's a damn good away day lost

choirboy 13-07-2020 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1241931)
Congratulations to Wycombe, promoted to the Championship tonight with a win over Oxford - shame though, it's a damn good away day lost

Agree with that AccyMad. Well done to Garth Ainsworth and ‘The BIG Fella’ Adebayo Akinfenwa. We’ve given him some stick over the years but credit where it is due! Congratulations to them. Ex Stanley player Joe Jacobson has played a big part in the progress made at Wycombe. It will be interesting to see how they do in The Championship next season and I hope that Adebayo gets a chance to play at that level.:alright::jimbo:

Outback Ozzy 13-07-2020 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1241896)
After blatantly breaking the rules Man City's European ban is overturned allowing them to compete in next year's European competions, and along with others break the rules what is the point in having a rule book stinks.

What is annoying about this is the fact that the inquiry acknowledged that they had broken the rules yet are allowing them to play in the next 2 seasons European competitions (if they qualify) and reduced the fine by 2/3rds. Utter joke.:confused::confused:

Chewbacca 13-07-2020 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1241935)
What is annoying about this is the fact that the inquiry acknowledged that they had broken the rules yet are allowing them to play in the next 2 seasons European competitions (if they qualify) and reduced the fine by 2/3rds. Utter joke.:confused::confused:

It cleared City of disguising equity investment as sponsorship which was the main charge, and just fined £9m for failing to cooperate with UEFA investigation which seems a lot.

It wasn't that confusing if you actually read about it.

monkey hanger 14-07-2020 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1241935)

the thing is, how many actually didn,t think they would get away with the ban. as someone said above, money talks especially where the so called big clubs are involved. imagine the punishment burnley or sheffield united would get would have been more severe. the same with smaller european clubs also.

andyd 14-07-2020 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241947)
the thing is, how many actually didn,t think they would get away with the ban. as someone said above, money talks especially where the so called big clubs are involved. imagine the punishment burnley or sheffield united would get would have been more severe. the same with smaller european clubs also.

It's also created the silly game of trying to reach the golden egg of the premiership at in business like practice of spending more than you make Wigan latest example average gates last season of just over 10500 thousand wage bill £19 million per annum, no saviour they will be gone with no tears shed by the big 6 or 7.

Chimer 14-07-2020 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1241934)
Agree with that AccyMad. Well done to Garth Ainsworth and ‘The BIG Fella’ Adebayo Akinfenwa. We’ve given him some stick over the years but credit where it is due! Congratulations to them. Ex Stanley player Joe Jacobson has played a big part in the progress made at Wycombe. It will be interesting to see how they do in The Championship next season and I hope that Adebayo gets a chance to play at that level.:alright::jimbo:

Really agree about "The Beast" - I thought it was pretty crass of the Wombles to get rid of him after he got them out of League 2 (at our expense :rolleyes:). If it happens again it would be really unfair - but wouldn't surprise me at all :(.
And then maybe we could make him an offer :D.

Twenty Eight 14-07-2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1241947)

Bad choice saying Sheffield United !
They've been fudging it for three years.
Only now is the truth coming out after a very distasteful court case.
Then as soon as the judgement is released, as if by magic, the Club buys the ground and attached hotel back from the "holding Company"

cashman 14-07-2020 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1241974)
Really agree about "The Beast" - I thought it was pretty crass of the Wombles to get rid of him after he got them out of League 2 (at our expense :rolleyes:). If it happens again it would be really unfair - but wouldn't surprise me at all :(.

shame but too old now been a good un no doubt.

monkey hanger 15-07-2020 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1241977)
Bad choice saying Sheffield United !
They've been fudging it for three years.
Only now is the truth coming out after a very distasteful court case.
Then as soon as the judgement is released, as if by magic, the Club buys the ground and attached hotel back from the "holding Company"

didn,t know about that. seemed to have missed out on that news. might have been on look north yorkshire but stopped watching it since the virus.

Twenty Eight 15-07-2020 12:40

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...%20last%20year.

MikeA 16-07-2020 10:47

Quote:

Adebayo and Klopp:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53402076

andyd 17-07-2020 07:30

Stanley supporter handed 3 year football ban after pleading guilty to throwing object believed to be a coin at Rochdale fans as trouble erupted at end of last season's game at Rochdale sad as this gives us publicity we don't need.

Chimer 17-07-2020 07:46

Quote:

So now I am surprised :eek:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53438096

Well done Gareth Ainsworth :)

Div3North 17-07-2020 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1242060)
So now I am surprised :eek:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53438096

Well done Gareth Ainsworth :)

Those players are the backbone of the team, so I totally agree; loyalty and ability rewarded.

Looks like The Wombles v Aston Villa in Le Championnat next season; who’d have foreseen that a few years back?

And AFC Fylde eventually relegated ....... replaced by Kings Lynn

:theband:

cashman 17-07-2020 10:40

B.J. has said he hopes to get crowds back in October lets hope he is correct.

andyd 17-07-2020 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242073)

We all live in hope they say they are going to run pilot schemes in stadia wether that's football remain,s to be seen in August then everything else depending on how your stadiums match up to Covid guidelines, a step in the right direction wether the season starts in September remains to be seen, I would have thought that will go to a vote now we have some clarity on return of crowds.

cashman 17-07-2020 11:11

personally andy dont think its owt to do with a vote, reckon the government will deem if its safe to do so.?

StanleyJosh 17-07-2020 11:33

lots of outside events / concerts currently happening with great success.
football should be able to follow.

andyd 17-07-2020 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1242077)
lots of outside events / concerts currently happening with great success.
football should be able to follow.

It will if safe in mid October fingers crossed.

andyd 17-07-2020 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242079)
It will if safe in mid October fingers crossed.

And hopefully no restrictions.

AccyMad 17-07-2020 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1242066)
Those players are the backbone of the team, so I totally agree; loyalty and ability rewarded.

Looks like The Wombles v Aston Villa in Le Championnat next season; who’d have foreseen that a few years back?

And AFC Fylde eventually relegated ....... replaced by Kings Lynn

:theband:

Wombles? Think you mean Wycombe? :)

andyd 17-07-2020 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242074)
We all live in hope they say they are going to run pilot schemes in stadia wether that's football remain,s to be seen in August then everything else depending on how your stadiums match up to Covid guidelines, a step in the right direction wether the season starts in September remains to be seen, I would have thought that will go to a vote now we have some clarity on return of crowds.

One of the pilot schemes is at Goodwood racing meeting in a fortnight's time 25000 capacity will house 5000 so that's a fivth all members so all personal details on record. No public transport to venue allowed must make own way will be interesting to see if any of these will be passed on to football.

monkey hanger 18-07-2020 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242073)

be interesting if they start behind closed doors and also when the season will actually end. cannot see it going on any further than the end of may or clubs wanting to play saturday/tuesday for the majority of a season.

andyd 18-07-2020 08:41

Reading this morning between the lines on the return of crowds it looks like it will follow very strict standards especially at the start, strict policy on entrance and specified seat, customers expected to behave in a safe way, limited spectators certainly season ticket holders at first simply because the club as your details long way from normal but at least a start.

AccyMad 18-07-2020 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242127)
Reading this morning between the lines on the return of crowds it looks like it will follow very strict standards especially at the start, strict policy on entrance and specified seat, customers expected to behave in a safe way, limited spectators certainly season ticket holders at first simply because the club as your details long way from normal but at least a start.

So no cramming into the clubhouse for winners hour then?

Mr T 18-07-2020 17:56

Re Crowd return;

All; you are mentioning the information in the 85 page draft document

It ain't going to be easy and might (not my preference) the suggested use of face masks

1 metre space; at all times from the "walk in" to the "walk out" unless you can prove that your mate is "family" or in your "social bubble of 6"

Same will apply on concourses and Sportsbar.

We're in a reasonable place due to the lack of cover on the "concourses"

andyd 18-07-2020 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1242163)
Re Crowd return;

It ain't going to be easy and might (not my preference) the suggested use of face masks

1 metre space; at all times from the "walk in" to the "walk out" unless you can prove that your mate is "family" or in your "social bubble of 6"

Same will apply on concourses and Sportsbar.

We're in a reasonable place due to the lack of cover on the "concourses"

Is there anything on entry and exit procedures and any substance in allocated entry times?

cashman 18-07-2020 18:25

probably way to early for stuff like that yet andy?

Mr T 18-07-2020 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242164)
Is there anything on entry and exit procedures and any substance in allocated entry times?

Loads;

Pages 40 - 82

isn't going to be simple; like me:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 19-07-2020 07:40

[QUOTE=Mr T;1242163]Re Crowd return;

bet that makes exciting bed time reading, especially once its translated into english that everyone can understand.

andyd 19-07-2020 07:47

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242168]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1242163)
Re Crowd return;

bet that makes exciting bed time reading, especially once its translated into english that everyone can understand.

As Mr.T mentioned it ain't going to be simple and there will be costs presumably implementing various new measures that will be put in place, the match experience initially will be totally different and hopefully I,m wrong won't be to everyone,s taste.

monkey hanger 19-07-2020 09:47

[QUOTE=andyd;1242170]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242168)

the match experience initially will be totally different and hopefully I,m wrong won't be to everyone,s taste.

if the match experiance even without face coverings is anything like our shopping trip to Colne yesterday they can count me out for one.

andyd 19-07-2020 11:36

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242180]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242170)

if the match experiance even without face coverings is anything like our shopping trip to Colne yesterday they can count me out for one.

Know exactly what you mean think unfortunately a lot will be the same

cashman 19-07-2020 12:36

wont make the slightest difference to me, soon as i can go stanley, i am doing simple as,

andyd 19-07-2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242194)
wont make the slightest difference to me, soon as i can go stanley, i am doing simple as,

It will certainly be different and I will probably be there it's the lads who like to congregate and sing together and make an all day of it who it might just affect the most and not just at Stanley.

AccyMad 19-07-2020 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242194)

That's one thing we definitely agree on Cashy, the Wham is one place I won't mind queuing to get into

andyd 19-07-2020 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242211)
That's one thing we definitely agree on Cashy, the Wham is one place I won't mind queuing to get into

Way things are going you will probably have an allocated time slot.

Chewbacca 19-07-2020 17:07

The key thing for me in the SGSA document is that it relies on the Govs social distancing measure the time. Even at 1 metre they have 2 methods of calculating it.

The first interpretation would allow more people in as doesn't take into account the average size of a person and measures 50 cm from the centre of a person's head and it calls this Method 1. This method reduces seating capacity by around 66%.

Method 2 takes into account the average girth of an individual and reduces the seating capacity by 78%.

The above calculation on based on people attending in groups of 1, 2,3 & 4 with individuals the most common and the larger groups least common.

For terraced areas method 1 allows in double the amount of method 2, with 0.8 metres squared for 1 and 1.6 for 2. For example the 1800 Coppice stand being 45 x 8 metres reduces to either 450 or 225 a 75% or 87.5% reduction.

Worst case under method 2 I reckon we are looking at a 965 and under method 1 there would be 1,530 - the latter is similar to the current number of ST holders.

At least stanley don't have any vomitories to worry about, unless the death metal band from Sweden turn up.

choirboy 19-07-2020 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1242213)
The key thing for me in the SGSA document is that it relies on the Govs social distancing measure the time. Even at 1 metre they have 2 methods of calculating it.

The first interpretation would allow more people in as doesn't take into account the average size of a person and measures 50 cm from the centre of a person's head and it calls this Method 1. This method reduces seating capacity by around 66%.

Method 2 takes into account the average girth of an individual and reduces the seating capacity by 78%.

The above calculation on based on people attending in groups of 1, 2,3 & 4 with individuals the most common and the larger groups least common.

For terraced areas method 1 allows in double the amount of method 2, with 0.8 metres squared for 1 and 1.6 for 2. For example the 1800 Coppice stand being 45 x 8 metres reduces to either 450 or 225 a 75% or 87.5% reduction.

Worst case under method 2 I reckon we are looking at a 965 and under method 1 there would be 1,530 - the latter is similar to the current number of ST holders.

At least stanley don't have any vomitories to worry about, unless the death metal band from Sweden turn up.

Wow Chewbacca! This is the first detailed information that I have seen about ‘Distancing’ since the pandemic started! When the 2 meter rule was introduced I pondered in some depth just what that actually meant..... Did ‘2 meters‘ ... mean the distance between centre lines of torsos? Or shoulder to shoulder distance? Or distance between sideways reach from fingertip to fingertip? There is clearly quite a difference here somewhat like the ‘Offside rule’ and how that is interpreted by VAR. Personally I have been ultra cautious when outdoors over the last four months and I have been somewhat dismayed at other folks lack of care regarding safe distancing when walking on footpaths and the rare occasion when venturing into a supermarket! I am still unsure about the whole relaxation coming out of ‘lockdown’, regarding things like going to the pub, eating out, going to church, watching Stanley at Whambley...? etc. I think during lockdown I have become a bit of a recluse and at the moment when I look in the mirror I now see a housebound, bearded long haired warrior somewhat akin to the ‘Wild Man of Borneo!’ I long for the return to normality whatever that will be!

andyd 20-07-2020 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1242213)

Personally might be wrong can't see the open coppice end being used surely if you have paid for the Clayton end under cover you wouldn't fancy being picked out to stand still for a couple of hours in all weather,s not even Cashy would want that. So therefore I reckon if using 3 sides our limited capacity would be about 950.

monkey hanger 20-07-2020 07:52

just all too complex for me. i,ll wait for Mr T to come back to tell us what the situation with crowds will be. still two and a half months to go and i imagine there could be another 85 page document coming out before october.

cashman 20-07-2020 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242227)
Personally might be wrong can't see the open coppice end being used surely if you have paid for the Clayton end under cover you wouldn't fancy being picked out to stand still for a couple of hours in all weather,s not even Cashy would want that. So therefore I reckon if using 3 sides our limited capacity would be about 950.

true wouldnt want it, but sure as hell would put up with if had too, i was brought up getting soaked on coppice end up peel park.

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2020 08:22

At least, with no one within 2 metres on the Coppice End, you could always use that high-tech solution to counteract getting soaked in the rain - an umbrella! ;)

andyd 20-07-2020 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242234)
true wouldnt want it, but sure as hell would put up with if had too, i was brought up getting soaked on coppice end up peel park.

Them wer days.

andyd 20-07-2020 12:45

No wonder they won't trail crowds at football Leeds fans "celebrations" lead to police officers being injured one seriously pillocks every one of them that turned up in this current climate why not celebrate at home words fail me.

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2020 16:47

I was with you all the way, AndyD, until those last three words. After the last four months, I just can’t agree with that bit! ..:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 20-07-2020 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242234)

Ain't you the proper little martyr, St Cashy of the Coppice! ;) :D

monkey hanger 21-07-2020 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242239)
No wonder they won't trail crowds at football Leeds fans "celebrations" lead to police officers being injured one seriously pillocks every one of them that turned up in this current climate why not celebrate at home words fail me.

could understand celebrations going a bit OTT if they had gained promotion at the end of a game they went too. just cannot see the point of them or liverpool fans coming miles to the ground just to celebrate something without players and management about.

andyd 21-07-2020 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242253)
could understand celebrations going a bit OTT if they had gained promotion at the end of a game they went too. just cannot see the point of them or liverpool fans coming miles to the ground just to celebrate something without players and management about.

Well me and you both possess what is called common sense sadly lacking in great parts of society.

andyd 23-07-2020 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242253)

Well the idiots were out at both Leeds and Liverpool again so called celebrations with drugs, alcohol and abusive behaviour among what some were arrested for, I,d like to believe genuine fans celebrated at home while these idiots use any excuse for anti social behaviour.

andyd 23-07-2020 15:29

China ditches showing Premiership games in its row over Hawaihu second biggest contributer to TV deal could have if not resolved big implications for the English game financially.

Twenty Eight 23-07-2020 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242337)
Well the idiots were out at both Leeds and Liverpool again so called celebrations with drugs, alcohol and abusive behaviour among what some were arrested for, I,d like to believe genuine fans celebrated at home while these idiots use any excuse for anti social behaviour.

Don't just blame the fans sir.
What about the players and staff on the open top bus ?

andyd 23-07-2020 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242339)
Don't just blame the fans sir.
What about the players and staff on the open top bus ?

Apparently Leeds did that to help disperse the crowd quicker, well heard some good excuse,s in my time!

monkey hanger 24-07-2020 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242343)
Apparently Leeds did that to help disperse the crowd quicker, well heard some good excuse,s in my time!

if you believe that then you will believe all the experts around nowadays. unless leeds have their own open top bus they,d have to hire one from a few local companies who own them. you,d need at least a days notice to hire one.

Exile on Spencer St 24-07-2020 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242338)
China ditches showing Premiership games in its row over Hawaihu second biggest contributer to TV deal could have if not resolved big implications for the English game financially.

Where did you hear of or read that, AndyD?

andyd 24-07-2020 15:31

Wigan's preferred bidder pulled out at the last minute according to the administrators, moving on to next options.

pifco 25-07-2020 16:29

Yes Exile the report in the i says that it could each Premier League club several million per season.

pifco 25-07-2020 16:33

Sadly andy it appears to be the case these days that when it comes to actually paying the money the bidder withdraws interest.

Twenty Eight 25-07-2020 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1242407)
Sadly andy it appears to be the case these days that when it comes to actually paying the money the bidder withdraws interest.

I think it will come out in the fullness of time it was when due diligence went ahead ....... and all the skeletons fell out of the cupboard.

NORTHERNSOUL 25-07-2020 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242412)
I think it will come out in the fullness of time it was when due diligence went ahead ....... and all the skeletons fell out of the cupboard.

The other way round actually they pulled out when they were told what the price would be to buy a league one club as opposed to the championship one that they thought they would be buying and the administrators are desperate to do a deal before the hearing in case it all goes tits up.

The preferred bidders asked for a price for each scenario and didnt like the answer they got if it was to be for a league one club.

The administrators would rather agree on a price that would apply whichever league they end up in.

Believe they're now going to do it by a sealed bid auction and on that basis already one of the remaining six has pulled out refusing to bid for something they might not end up getting.

The word is the preferred bidder wasn't the Rugby club as they would probably be the safest option but their bid compared to some of the others is pretty low. But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.

monkey hanger 26-07-2020 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1242415)
. But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.

and thats the problem in how low the game has decended over the years. its all about the money and shortly there will be no fans or supporters, they will be called customers. all clubs need money like they all have, but its slowly getting to the point where the issue of the balance sheet at clubs will have more interest than the player retained list.

Chimer 26-07-2020 09:27

Quote:

But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242416)
and thats the problem in how low the game has decended over the years. its all about the money and shortly there will be no fans or supporters, they will be called customers. all clubs need money like they all have, but its slowly getting to the point where the issue of the balance sheet at clubs will have more interest than the player retained list.

On the other hand, every £ the administrators don't bring in if they accept a lower bid is a £ that doesn't go to the small local traders owed money by the club, who come last on the list when non-football debts are partially settled :(.

Twenty Eight 26-07-2020 09:57

Quote:

The other way round actually they pulled out when they were told what the price would be to buy a league one club as opposed to the championship one that they thought they would be buying and the administrators are desperate to do a deal before the hearing in case it all goes tits up.

The preferred bidders asked for a price for each scenario and didnt like the answer they got if it was to be for a league one club.

The administrators would rather agree on a price that would apply whichever league they end up in.

Believe they're now going to do it by a sealed bid auction and on that basis already one of the remaining six has pulled out refusing to bid for something they might not end up getting.

The word is the preferred bidder wasn't the Rugby club as they would probably be the safest option but their bid compared to some of the others is pretty low. But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.

Well that’s not the official line.
Non compliance with stage one exclusivity.
Money could not be proven to be lodged with Solicitors and £100k non returnable bond not paid.
I was told reason for that was thr need for due diligence first.

monkey hanger 27-07-2020 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1242424)
On the other hand, every £ the administrators don't bring in if they accept a lower bid is a £ that doesn't go to the small local traders owed money by the club, who come last on the list when non-football debts are partially settled :(.

thats the main problem. however knowing football clubs finances i for one would not supply em with anything once a club missed a payment to me. its not just those who go into administration that are slow or never payers by a long means.

NORTHERNSOUL 29-07-2020 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242426)
Well that’s not the official line.
Non compliance with stage one exclusivity.
Money could not be proven to be lodged with Solicitors and £100k non returnable bond not paid.
I was told reason for that was thr need for due diligence first.

Well of course they wernt going to pay a 100k non refundable deposit when a purchase price hasnt been agreed in the case of it being a League one club theyre buying.

They were the preffered bidders because their offer to buy it as a championship club was the best on the table but their valuation of it as a League one club is a long way short of the administrators.

Whereas the bid from the Rugby club is a lot less for the championship club but a lot nearer the administrators value of it as a league one outfit.

However apparently over the weekend talks reopened with the original prefered bidders.

Twenty Eight 29-07-2020 14:53

Krasner does things by the book. Make an offer then show me the money by lodging in Escrow account with Legal Representatives.
Pay the non returnable bond - demonstrates commitment.
By the way I know of one bidder whose offer was turned down and has lost his bond.
That's how insolvency works.

Twenty Eight 29-07-2020 14:55

Any transfer rumours ..?
Heard a whisper that we my fancy the Keeper Adam Federici.

andyd 29-07-2020 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242533)
Any transfer rumours ..?
Heard a whisper that we my fancy the Keeper Adam Federici.

That was on the the EFL hub twitter site spews rumours out all day long, wouldn't read too much into it myself.

andyd 29-07-2020 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242532)
Krasner does things by the book. Make an offer then show me the money by lodging in Escrow account with Legal Representatives.
Pay the non returnable bond - demonstrates commitment.
By the way I know of one bidder whose offer was turned down and has lost his bond.
That's how insolvency works.

In Bury FC,s case a bit different I know Dale put the business into a CVA and upto the deadline date there were apparently 4 different bidders wanting to buy Bury, I think Dale somehow playing the game turned one down stating he preferred another but EFL said time ran out and rest is history. The ironic thing is there is now a phoenix Bury in the lower leagues and the national League is contemplating allowing Dale and Bury FC back in strange insolvency there.I think that a lot of dodgy dealings go on somewhere especially when it concerns large amounts of money. Administration team at Wigan now saying Paul Cook is an asset and trying to block his resignation.

Chewbacca 29-07-2020 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242536)
In Bury FC,s case a bit different I know Dale put the business into a CVA and upto the deadline date there were apparently 4 different bidders wanting to buy Bury, I think Dale somehow playing the game turned one down stating he preferred another but EFL said time ran out and rest is history. The ironic thing is there is now a phoenix Bury in the lower leagues and the national League is contemplating allowing Dale and Bury FC back in strange insolvency there.I think that a lot of dodgy dealings go on somewhere especially when it concerns large amounts of money. Administration team at Wigan now saying Paul Cook is an asset and trying to block his resignation.

They should be holding out for compo for Cook as it is their job and clearly someone wants him, and he has 2 years left so it will be significant. If they don't pay him then he has a case for walking due to breach of contract.

Twenty Eight 29-07-2020 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242535)
That was on the the EFL hub twitter site spews rumours out all day long, wouldn't read too much into it myself.

Dont do Twitter - heard it elsewhere.

Twenty Eight 29-07-2020 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242536)

Don’t get me going about Bury.
My Firm represented a potential buyer who put a bid in.
Due diligence was horrific.
Offer withdrawn.

andyd 30-07-2020 14:46

Charlton have 47 days left to provide proof of funds to satisfy EFL or face expulsion from the league, they have had months to do this not looking good.

anmc 30-07-2020 16:56

Just been reading about vandalism at the Accrington Stanley Hub in the LT, very anti-Stanley comments. Does anyone know more?

monkey hanger 31-07-2020 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242563)
Charlton have 47 days left to provide proof of funds to satisfy EFL or face expulsion from the league, they have had months to do this not looking good.

now newcastle fans are waking up this morning and realizing their new takeover is no more. foreign investors again. if it wasn,t so serious it would be funny.

Twenty Eight 31-07-2020 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242580)
now newcastle fans are waking up this morning and realizing their new takeover is no more. foreign investors again. if it wasn,t so serious it would be funny.

Well people need to make their mind up.
Demands for scrupulous fit and proper persons tests demanded and that's what's done for this deal.
How can you have a club owner involved in the illegal streaming of football across the globe ?