Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

choirboy 09-01-2021 15:06

Re: Bits & Bobs

1 Attachment(s)
Connor Hall....Chorley......great Adele song SOLO on BBC Final Score....:theband:
Attachment 58221

MikeA 09-01-2021 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248960)
Lincoln v Peterborough draw both dropped 2 points excellent result for us.

Same with Sunderland v Hull. And Ipswich lost, when a win would have moved them above us into the play-off places. Crewe, also, drew at Rochdale, when a win would have given them the same points total as us. Not a bad set of results for us...

Thin Monkey 09-01-2021 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1248982)
Same with Sunderland v Hull. And Ipswich lost, when a win would have moved them above us into the play-off places. Crewe, also, drew at Rochdale, when a win would have given them the same points total as us. Not a bad set of results for us...

The only sensible thing to do now is to bring the season to an end immediately and decide promotion / relegation on a points per game basis.

MikeA 10-01-2021 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin Monkey (Post 1248983)
The only sensible thing to do now is to bring the season to an end immediately and decide promotion / relegation on a points per game basis.

That would only put us 2nd. Maybe we could wait a week, then be champions... ;)

monkey hanger 10-01-2021 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1248986)
That would only put us 2nd. Maybe we could wait a week, then be champions... ;)

honestly would any team deserve being promoted or relegated without a full season being played. imagine being relegated down to the national league on a PPG basis. over the years there have been many clubs who have done the great escape or have been promoted in a late seasons push. hope our memories of the former are still with us.

andyd 10-01-2021 09:45

Nobody wants either PPG or a voided season still think it will go beyond 8th May unless God forbid the Covid forces everyone,s hands. The really sad bit is we could do promotion and Wembley and not witness either in the flesh but would you take it remotely?

cashman 10-01-2021 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248988)
Nobody wants either PPG or a voided season still think it will go beyond 8th May unless God forbid the Covid forces everyone,s hands. The really sad bit is we could do promotion and Wembley and not witness either in the flesh but would you take it remotely?

dunno about everyone but heres one that would.:)

Thin Monkey 10-01-2021 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248988)

According to an article in The Times yesterday. The one time MP Lord Driberg of Bradwell juxta Mare once said that a special typeface was needed to denote irony and assist those otherwise unable to recognise it. I know what he meant.

Chimer 10-01-2021 21:45

It would certainly be ironic if it happened, TM, but my bet is Andy was being entirely serious.

andyd 11-01-2021 08:19

What I do find ironic is watching the pictures of hordes of people stood shoulder to shoulder cheering the arrival of team coaches outside Marine yesterday and today Merseyside police said most people were social distancing, also the stand behind the goal had a hell of a lot of journalists, guests, " allowed " people in. No wonder the news this morning is full of calls for stricter rules and people questioning why football is being allowed to continue.

monkey hanger 11-01-2021 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248999)
What I do find ironic is watching the pictures of hordes of people stood shoulder to shoulder cheering the arrival of team coaches outside Marine yesterday and today Merseyside police said most people were social distancing, also the stand behind the goal had a hell of a lot of journalists, guests, " allowed " people in. No wonder the news this morning is full of calls for stricter rules and people questioning why football is being allowed to continue.

imagine there were more inside the ground than there would have been for an average league game played there which are now cancelled. football and some players are certainly not helping themselves when they are in the spotlight. about time all goal scoring celebrations are stopped for a start. they might not be quite as bad as they were before but are still going on.

MikeA 11-01-2021 18:21

I'd have thought that the woman commentating on the cup draw just now would have mentioned that Chorley beat Wolves 3-0 in a second replay last time they were drawn together in the cup. But I can forgive her for not knowing that Charlie Cooper scored two of Chorley's goals.

andyd 11-01-2021 19:07

Patience is wearing thin among some government ministers and the general public according to the BBC football site after watching scene,s this weekend such as at Marine and TV scenes of teams celebration,s in tightly packed changing rooms all hugging and the rest. It goes on to say elite sports like football have been allowed to continue for the moral of people in constant restricted lifestyle,s. But it is not immune from being shut down if it doesn't appear to stop publicly flouting rules which everyone is expected to follow.

andyd 12-01-2021 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249012)
Patience is wearing thin among some government ministers and the general public according to the BBC football site after watching scene,s this weekend such as at Marine and TV scenes of teams celebration,s in tightly packed changing rooms all hugging and the rest. It goes on to say elite sports like football have been allowed to continue for the moral of people in constant restricted lifestyle,s. But it is not immune from being shut down if it doesn't appear to stop publicly flouting rules which everyone is expected to follow.

Now is not the time for complacency:-
Letter sent by EFL chief executive Trevor Birch to clubs earlier today warning them over Covid protocols and asking them to " re-double efforts to ensure players and staff are left in no doubt as to their responsibilities on matchdays ".
For the EFL to react so quickly in my opinion they have been warned and in the letter it says they don't want to see the same suspension of season as last March for obvious catastrophic financial issues and all other repucussions that go with that scenario.

monkey hanger 12-01-2021 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249015)
Now is not the time for complacency:-
Letter sent by EFL chief executive Trevor Birch to clubs earlier today warning them over Covid protocols and asking them to " re-double efforts to ensure players and staff are left in no doubt as to their responsibilities on matchdays ".
For the EFL to react so quickly in my opinion they have been warned and in the letter it says they don't want to see the same suspension of season as last March for obvious catastrophic financial issues and all other repucussions that go with that scenario.

lets hope its not too little too late. for me this letter needed not to be sent out if clubs and their players had used more common sense on and off the pitch. you cannot hug your granny but can hug a goalscorer.

andyd 12-01-2021 14:21

EFL have finally give up on the idea of fans at the rescheduled EFL trophy final from last season between Portsmouth and Salford all tickets sold to be refunded and a date for the game to finally go ahead to be confirmed.

monkey hanger 13-01-2021 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249023)
EFL have finally give up on the idea of fans at the rescheduled EFL trophy final from last season between Portsmouth and Salford all tickets sold to be refunded and a date for the game to finally go ahead to be confirmed.

that must have been one of the easiest decisions they have ever had to make and that took em 9 months to do it. really gives you hope for the game.

andyd 13-01-2021 19:31

Derby county chief executive says club haven't enough money to pay December,s wages oh dear.

VALAIRIAN 13-01-2021 19:55

That is due to an issue with their takeover I believe Andy.

:) :)

andyd 13-01-2021 20:01

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1249098]That is due to an issue with their takeover I believe
What start as you mean to go on?

andyd 14-01-2021 07:59

W.B.A. owner wants to sell the club 5 years after buying it threat of relegation and a year with little or no income has forced his hand he wants to get out before the losses mount.

monkey hanger 14-01-2021 09:11

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1249098]That is due to an issue with their takeover I believe Andy.

anyone must be mad to buy a football club in the present circumstances unless its a real offer you cannot refuse. think all our mental health would be in problems if andy holt put the for sale sign up at the wham at the moment.

pifco 14-01-2021 15:48

MH please don't mention things like that, I am happy to dream of a stable future for us and talk like that turns dreams into nightmares

LongLostSon 16-01-2021 07:19

before I spends me tenner hoping to watch us beat Gills, is the weather up yon likely to make the game a doubt ?

andyd 16-01-2021 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1249157)
before I spends me tenner hoping to watch us beat Gills, is the weather up yon likely to make the game a doubt ?

Wait until 2ish to pay will no by then if it's on or off currently throwing It down so imagine pitch is stodgy.

LongLostSon 16-01-2021 08:21

thanks Andy

cashman 16-01-2021 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1249157)

wait until last hour mate i lost a tenner on last covid game, they said i would get next one free but i did not. the E.F.L. can say what they want but obviously they dont give a stuff for ordinary fans in my view.

monkey hanger 16-01-2021 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249171)
wait until last hour mate i lost a tenner on last covid game, they said i would get next one free but i did not. the E.F.L. can say what they want but obviously they dont give a stuff for ordinary fans in my view.

always do that myself. only time i had a problem was when i booked a game early and doing this seems to work for me anyway.

Taypot 16-01-2021 10:34

Quote:

They told me that payment is carried over to when postponed game is played, not the next game.

andyd 16-01-2021 10:57

Quote:

What I ask is what are they doing with all these list tenners ?

cashman 17-01-2021 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taypot (Post 1249182)
They told me that payment is carried over to when postponed game is played, not the next game.

i was told the next away game, so obviously they employ people that know nowt imho.

Mr T 17-01-2021 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249184)
What I ask is what are they doing with all these list tenners ?

All the money spent by you good people comes direct to ASFC.

It's the only income we have at the minute.

The customers services team maybe aren't 100% perfect but given the clubs are paying for their services if more were employed their would be less cental distributions for all clubs.
Think we got around £20k from the last payment.

cashman 17-01-2021 12:04

at least summat good comes out of sheer stupidity. imho

andyd 19-01-2021 10:52

Blackburn rovers and Lincoln city's games tonight both off due to waterlogged pitches.

andyd 21-01-2021 15:23

Cardiff sack Niel Harris 14 months in charge play off place last season but 6 straight defeats sees him shown the door but Chairman expected a top 6 finish so next one please.

StanleyJosh 21-01-2021 15:52

Fleetwood & Wigan both interested in Janoi Donacien on loan.
Plymouth had 50k bid rejected, with Ipswich keen on allowing him to leave only on loan.
Out of contract in summer but Ipswich hold option of another year extension.

andyd 21-01-2021 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249427)
Fleetwood & Wigan both interested in Janoi Donacien on loan.
Plymouth had 50k bid rejected, with Ipswich keen on allowing him to leave only on loan.
Out of contract in summer but Ipswich hold option of another year extension.

They also have to many over age players now in the 22 need to move one on and Donacien is the favourite, seems though that Ipswich are keen to activate his contract extension so possibly looking for someone keen to loan with an option to buy, he cost them £750,000 from us so no wonder they turned Plymouth,s offer down. Could come down to Janoi himself were he wants to go so wouldn't rule us out.

andyd 21-01-2021 16:14

Premiership games all live till the end of February and are saying that they will probably all be live untill season end has they have reluctantly agreed unless which is unlikely the government has a massive U-turn there won't be a return of crowds until next season and even then they could still be subject to restrictions.

Twenty Eight 21-01-2021 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249428)
They also have to many over age players now in the 22 need to move one on and Donacien is the favourite, seems though that Ipswich are keen to activate his contract extension so possibly looking for someone keen to loan with an option to buy, he cost them £750,000 from us so no wonder they turned Plymouth,s offer down. Could come down to Janoi himself were he wants to go so wouldn't rule us out.

Reckon Kayden Jackson's number is up as well. Two forwards signed Harrop from Preston and Thomas from Barnsley. Not signed to warm the bench.

StanleyJosh 21-01-2021 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249431)
Reckon Kayden Jackson's number is up as well. Two forwards signed Harrop from Preston and Thomas from Barnsley. Not signed to warm the bench.

Harrop more of a Joe Pritchard type player... have you seen Thomas’ goal ratio? Can’t see him being played as a striker surely not

andyd 21-01-2021 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249431)

Jackson has featured quite regularly under Lambert when fit so I don't think so.

cashman 21-01-2021 19:19

i also doubt it very much

andyd 21-01-2021 19:19

Stockport part company with manager Jim Gannon after 5 years it was a hard decision not results based but culture related that's a new one?

Twenty Eight 22-01-2021 08:29

Jim's old school and I doubt able to be politically sensitive.

andyd 22-01-2021 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249437)
Jim's old school and I doubt able to be politically sensitive.

Good for him not being a yoke.

monkey hanger 22-01-2021 09:26

heard that gannon was a big supporter of donald trump.

Twenty Eight 22-01-2021 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249432)
Harrop more of a Joe Pritchard type player... have you seen Thomas’ goal ratio? Can’t see him being played as a striker surely not

I'm sure Kayden is being looked at to move on. Have you seen his goal ratio ?
Lambert didn't sign him and has been very open that he thinks they paid well over the odds.

Lambert plays 4 3 3 Josh with one central striker so yes there is a place for Luke either side.

He has four strikers on the books Jackson Norwood Drinan and Hawkins. They're all fit again ....... but he still brought Harrop and Thomas in.

andyd 22-01-2021 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249446)
I'm sure Kayden is being looked at to move on. Have you seen his goal ratio ?
Lambert didn't sign him and has been very open that he thinks they paid well over the odds.

Lambert plays 4 3 3 Josh with one central striker so yes there is a place for Luke either side.

He has four strikers on the books Jackson Norwood Drinan and Hawkins. They're all fit again ....... but he still brought Harrop and Thomas in.

Hawkins requires knee surgery out minimum 6 weeks, Norwood hamstring out tomorrow Jackson doubtful hasn't trained all week.

andyd 22-01-2021 15:11

Janoi Doniecian joins Fleetwood on season long loan official.

Twenty Eight 23-01-2021 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249447)
Hawkins requires knee surgery out minimum 6 weeks, Norwood hamstring out tomorrow Jackson doubtful hasn't trained all week.

I know Norwood mate and he's being rested because he's knackered and hamstring a bit tight.
Just a precaution.
Anyway back to Accy.
Rumours for Monday targets anyone ?

andyd 23-01-2021 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249458)
I know Norwood mate and he's being rested because he's knackered and hamstring a bit tight.
Just a precaution.
Anyway back to Accy.
Rumours for Monday targets anyone ?

I,ll start one Tom Conlon Port Vale midfielder.

StanleyJosh 23-01-2021 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249459)
I,ll start one Tom Conlon Port Vale midfielder.

Don’t believe those stupid Twitter accounts!
Just been made their captain...

andyd 23-01-2021 13:18

The salary cap rules must be a hard one in transfer windows correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is under 21,s aren't counted in the cap so aren't in the 22 which I believe next season is being reduced to 20, in theory you could spend all your limit on one player and have 21 under age players. Stanley won't be anywhere near the cap but other clubs will and players will be sacrificed to bring others in, my rumour on Conlon isn't twitter related although it has been on there, my source is personal, doesn't mean it's anywhere near right though.

StanleyJosh 23-01-2021 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249461)
The salary cap rules must be a hard one in transfer windows correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is under 21,s aren't counted in the cap so aren't in the 22 which I believe next season is being reduced to 20, in theory you could spend all your limit on one player and have 21 under age players. Stanley won't be anywhere near the cap but other clubs will and players will be sacrificed to bring others in, my rumour on Conlon isn't twitter related although it has been on there, my source is personal, doesn't mean it's anywhere near right though.

It’s been named on Twitter once :confused:

andyd 23-01-2021 13:54

Does anyone think Conor McAleny would be worth a punt Scoucer, affordable, contract up in summer got his scoring boots on for Oldham.

andyd 23-01-2021 17:59

Hull on a run 4-0 win away at Pompey looking a tough game Tuesday also the side I thought were the best football playing side last season and still think the best we have played so far this season after an indifferent start Oxford storming up the league just below us now.

andyd 24-01-2021 15:29

Nice circular walk this afternoon took in Peel Park was quiet thought I could hear the murmuring,s of crowds then round to the Wham under cover and very quiet looked a bit sad really, let's hope we are back in August.

andyd 25-01-2021 09:23

Lampard sacked by Chelsea.

cashman 25-01-2021 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249485)
Lampard sacked by Chelsea.

just proves what a dummy that russian owner is.

andyd 25-01-2021 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249490)
just proves what a dummy that russian owner is.

These money men in the premiership are just playing a real life version of the computer game football manager with fans clubs.

Lord Stiffupperlip 25-01-2021 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249492)
These money men in the premiership are just playing a real life version of the computer game football manager with fans clubs.

Unfortunately, Chelsea football club doesn't belong to the fans. It's the personal property of a Russian billionaire.
He may be ruthless, but I doubt he's a dummy?

cashman 25-01-2021 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1249493)
Unfortunately, Chelsea football club doesn't belong to the fans. It's the personal property of a Russian billionaire.
He may be ruthless, but I doubt he's a dummy?

as far as im concerned he can accrue money no doubt but is a real dummy when it comes to running a football club,

Twenty Eight 25-01-2021 17:31

I think the trophy cabinet club value etc compared to the club he bought for £1 from Uncle Ken might tell you different.
Abramovich is not a dummy thats insulting.
Hes a ruthless businessman. Fail to deliver get a delivery mans job.

andyd 25-01-2021 18:00

11 managers in 10 years ok some silverware but nothing compared to the longtevity of Ferguson, or the Liverpool regime of promoting from within, football under ruthless business men has lost touch with its fan base and reality like I said before it's just a plaything for people like Abravomich, ok money needed in any walk of life but prefer an Andy Holt or God bless him Eric Whalley.

cashman 25-01-2021 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249496)
I think the trophy cabinet club value etc compared to the club he bought for £1 from Uncle Ken might tell you different.
Abramovich is not a dummy thats insulting.
Hes a ruthless businessman. Fail to deliver get a delivery mans job.

didnt know yeh were a delivery man, life is full of surprises.

andyd 25-01-2021 19:07

Delivery men probably can't afford the ticket prices either range from £50 to £89 a game.

Twenty Eight 25-01-2021 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249499)
11 managers in 10 years ok some silverware but nothing compared to the longtevity of Ferguson, or the Liverpool regime of promoting from within, football under ruthless business men has lost touch with its fan base and reality like I said before it's just a plaything for people like Abravomich, ok money needed in any walk of life but prefer an Andy Holt or God bless him Eric Whalley.

I bet Chelsea fans dont give a monkeys.
How long did Moyes last ?
Dont recall Klopp being promoted from within.

Crown Grounder 25-01-2021 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249504)

If that's true Twenty Eight it just makes me realise how glad I am to have been born in Accrington and not Chelsea......

andyd 26-01-2021 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249504)

My point proven these new owners just play roulette with management, Klopp and Moyes part of the new world in football ownership. You can't stop the world of progress but it isn't always for the best.

andyd 26-01-2021 07:20

These are the same owners who huddle together in secret meetings about how " they " should dictate the structure and running of football.

Twenty Eight 26-01-2021 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249502)
didnt know yeh were a delivery man, life is full of surprises.

Yes that's me 120 deliveries a day courtesy of Amazon Prime.
If you're not in I'll leave it in your bin.

Twenty Eight 26-01-2021 08:34

"nothing compared to the longtevity of Ferguson, or the Liverpool regime of promoting from within"

Make your mind up Andy. What point proven ???

andyd 26-01-2021 08:40

Covers coming off as we speak let's hope pitch is softish.

monkey hanger 26-01-2021 09:25

[QUOTE=andyd;1249499]11 managers in 10 years ok some silverware

and what real improvment has happened at that club during this time. they might have been in the same position if they had kept the first guy in the job. remember as a kid in the mid 50,s. knew who all the players were but only knew who the manager was because my dad told me after one of his rants at the game and had know idea about directors/owners at all. now it seems owners and managers are the important ones for all fans.

cashman 26-01-2021 09:33

probably cos they have to be theres odd good uns like ours and loads of bad uns in my view. think we been very lucky,

andyd 26-01-2021 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249517)
Covers coming off as we speak let's hope pitch is softish.

Covers off looks frosty down main stand side off pitch, Hull will have to set off soon with 5-30 kick off wonder if any inspection planned Mr T ?

monkey hanger 26-01-2021 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249520)
probably cos they have to be theres odd good uns like ours and loads of bad uns in my view. think we been very lucky,

we also have been lucky with sensible club ownership as well as coley. with some owners, and not all in the premiership, he,d have been sacked at the first sticky patch he had with the club.

andyd 26-01-2021 10:26

Hull stayed overnight ref arrives at 3-00 so presumably we will find out then if game on.

monkey hanger 26-01-2021 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249530)
Hull stayed overnight ref arrives at 3-00 so presumably we will find out then if game on.

an overnight for a journey apart from a mile or so is motorway and duel carriageway all the way. dagenham travelled by train to barrow last season on the day of the game. the haves and have nots of football eh.

andyd 26-01-2021 12:50

Newport v Carlisle off waterlogged pitch that's a late call with the traveling involved.

andyd 26-01-2021 12:52

Mansfield v Bolton off frozen pitch.

andyd 26-01-2021 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249532)
Newport v Carlisle off waterlogged pitch that's a late call with the traveling involved.

Carlisle haven't played now since January 2nd.

andyd 26-01-2021 19:23

Coley days Ross Sykes will probably miss rest of season with a muscle problem.

andyd 26-01-2021 19:25

Coley said Ross Sykes very likely to miss rest of season with muscle injury.

andyd 26-01-2021 19:27

Sorry duplicated post trying to edit.

cashman 26-01-2021 19:56

thats bad news but thats life.

andyd 27-01-2021 08:29

Next 4 games could shape our season takes us beyond half way as Coley says no easy games at this level, Plymouth twice, Bristol Rovers and Northampton all in the bottom half of the table one,s we seem to struggle against. Big ask but a winning run here and 12 points would not only virtually guarantee league 1 next season but would make us genuine top 6 contenders.

Twenty Eight 27-01-2021 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249603)
Next 4 games could shape our season takes us beyond half way as Coley says no easy games at this level, Plymouth twice, Bristol Rovers and Northampton all in the bottom half of the table one,s we seem to struggle against. Big ask but a winning run here and 12 points would not only virtually guarantee league 1 next season but would make us genuine top 6 contenders.

Working on the two points average if we get 8 or better - job done.

andyd 31-01-2021 17:49

Simon Grayson gets Fleetwood job till end of season.

StanleyJosh 31-01-2021 17:50

have a pint with Andy Holt & David Burgess

https://onstanleyon.com/2021/01/31/h...int-with-andy/

andyd 31-01-2021 17:50

Wimbledon,s manager and assistant part company with club by mutual agreement.

andyd 31-01-2021 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249764)
have a pint with Andy Holt & David Burgess

https://onstanleyon.com/2021/01/31/h...int-with-andy/

Submitted a question will see if it's picked.

andyd 31-01-2021 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249766)
Submitted a question will see if it's picked.

Great idea by the way.

monkey hanger 01-02-2021 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249610)
Working on the two points average if we get 8 or better - job done.

always do that myself. take the season in 6 game periods. anything over 12 points in 6 is a bonus for me.

Lost in Cornwall 01-02-2021 18:14

It's a real bonus for me. I reckon 8 points from 6 games equals mid table so anything better than 8 points means we're heading in the right direction, anything less is time to start worrying.

andyd 02-02-2021 07:32

All the 3 National league's are voting on the issue of loans instead of grants to fund season general consensus is majority are voting against loans so will vote to null and void season on approval by the football league and no promotion or relegation, this would apparently reprieve who ever finishes bottom of league 2. Not a good outcome as clubs will probably furlough players and it will be a sad way expunging all past results from record books.

Twenty Eight 02-02-2021 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249800)
All the 3 National league's are voting on the issue of loans instead of grants to fund season general consensus is majority are voting against loans so will vote to null and void season on approval by the football league and no promotion or relegation, this would apparently reprieve who ever finishes bottom of league 2. Not a good outcome as clubs will probably furlough players and it will be a sad way expunging all past results from record books.

So what is a good outcome ?
Carry on and bankrupt several clubs ?
Common sense must prevail.

andyd 02-02-2021 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249801)

Hindsight is easy but these league's would never have started without the " promise " of aid in grant money first installment was but this second " promise " is in the form of loans depending on who is spouting the truth about it should have been grants it's pretty clear that common sense is either a compromise or null and void season.

monkey hanger 02-02-2021 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249801)

we keep hearing about this club or other being on the brink of folding this season and nothing has happened even at EFL level or higher non league level either. only last week kings lynn,s owner was saying he was going to give it another 2 weeks and that would be it. my guess is they will be playing in another 4 weeks time. many of these clubs have quite rich suger daddies around so one thing about it is it will show the ones that are in for the long haul against the ones that get bored with their new toy once it starts giving em problems.

andyd 03-02-2021 09:22

Bournemouth sack manager Jason Tindall after 4 straight defeats but still in playoffs position window gone new guy will have to work with the same players knee jerk comes to mind.