Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Twenty Eight 23-07-2021 13:59

Re: Bits & Bobs

They can afford it so why is it crackers ?

andyd 23-07-2021 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255402)
They can afford it so why is it crackers ?

How do they afford it oh yeah rule bending to suit themselves get away with it because of the spineless authority,s running the game need sorting, hopefully change coming soon with this latest recommendation to the government and Oliver Dowden his impressed with the draft as I am as I have read it and promises if needed the government will force change and bring in regulators and more fan involvement. One of the better suggestion,s his the stupid system of parachute payments and looking to share them more equally, as for the move for Kane that's just my opinion on a very overated player in my opinion if he gets the pay check good for him but it in these times especially it is obscene.

cashman 23-07-2021 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255405)
How do they afford it oh yeah rule bending to suit themselves get away with it because of the spineless authority,s running the game need sorting, hopefully change coming soon with this latest recommendation to the government and Oliver Dowden his impressed with the draft as I am as I have read it and promises if needed the government will force change and bring in regulators and more fan involvement. One of the better suggestion,s his the stupid system of parachute payments and looking to share them more equally, as for the move for Kane that's just my opinion on a very overated player in my opinion if he gets the pay check good for him but it in these times especially it is obscene.

to me anytime its obscene. but no_one who can do anything about it will. cos they are all on the take.

Crown Grounder 23-07-2021 18:25

Quote:

I can see both arguments on this one. Yes it seems crazy. But thats the world we live in. People in third world countries who can't feed themselves or have access to clean water yet footballers get paid huge amounts.......what a very poor poor state of affairs....never mind football....

Twenty Eight 23-07-2021 19:49

Quote:

Manchester City don't have to rule bend and if you think they're concerned about parachute payments ........... as if they will ever need them.
I drive a nice car because I can afford it.
If I came into a wedge I'd buy an even nicer car.
Some would call that obscene ... I would call it my choice and my business.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-07-2021 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255416)
Manchester City don't have to rule bend and if you think they're concerned about parachute payments ........... as if they will ever need them.

Let them pay what they want but then levy the club for the transfer money and the player for his wages it wouldn't take long to build up a war chest that could fund the pyramid for decades to come.

andyd 24-07-2021 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255416)

I have a brand new car wow me and the wife worked all our lives are both now not in the best of health but we get the car I have new because it's used a lot and more reliable than a banger, Man City are owned by a rich man who is to be fair probably one of the better ones , but football finances and unfair parachute payments , unscrupulous rich bosses who use a club as a play thing need reining in. If this upset,s them tough they get fed up and screw clubs over anyway. As for the obscene comments there are vastly overpaid very average players currently playing in this country but as said before can't blame them for taking it. But how far do you let it go reading and research is useful Rovers this morning announced financial problems with out good owners the Venkys they would be probably be close to a Bury. Also struggling to attract new fans as trying to recoup money they have hiked prices up, people,s habits will have changed during this pandemic that will in time be proven to be right, a lot of football clubs are struggling some through being badly run some affected badly by this pandemic so just carry on City but just remember not so long ago you were playing at our level.

monkey hanger 24-07-2021 08:59

all these problems are not new to the game. i might or might not be a million miles from what started this problem in the first place though. the end of the maximum wage. this eventually caused over the last 30 years to the game being taken away from the average guy in the street. some will have had near neighbors who were pro footballers but not anymore. by what my sister told me my old man did not do badly out of football. best dressed kid in a decent terraced street. he told me that money was never a problem even in the 1930,s as even league 3 wages were above what the average worker got with far less work involved in getting it.

pifco 24-07-2021 12:54

MH I wouldn't dipute the fact that some pro footballers were on a fair wage in the 30s as I wasn't around then but in the 50s I can remember even the top English international players i.e. Tom Finney, Stan Mortensen etc. needing a second job because they couldn't make a do out of their football money.

monkey hanger 25-07-2021 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by pifco (Post 1255430)
MH I wouldn't dipute the fact that some pro footballers were on a fair wage in the 30s as I wasn't around then but in the 50s I can remember even the top English international players i.e. Tom Finney, Stan Mortensen etc. needing a second job because they couldn't make a do out of their football money.

actually lower league players in the late 70,s and 80,s were on worse money than a lot of us were on in that period. there were a few at stockport and rochdale where i would not get out of bed for the money they were on. i was a bus driver at the time and was regularly asked for a loan of a couple of players i knew. just imagine that happening today even at a club with the lowest playing budget in the league. as for players having second jobs it was as much a thing about carrying on with them for the future as it was about not managing on the football wage.

andyd 25-07-2021 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255440)
actually lower league players in the late 70,s and 80,s were on worse money than a lot of us were on in that period. there were a few at stockport and rochdale where i would not get out of bed for the money they were on. i was a bus driver at the time and was regularly asked for a loan of a couple of players i knew. just imagine that happening today even at a club with the lowest playing budget in the league. as for players having second jobs it was as much a thing about carrying on with them for the future as it was about not managing on the football wage.

A firm I worked at in the eighties payed good money lad there can't remember his name full back worked their and played for Colne Dynamoes and got £150 game sometimes playing twice a week, Rochdale and a host of clubs were after him couldn't match his wages.

monkey hanger 25-07-2021 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255441)
A firm I worked at in the eighties payed good money lad there can't remember his name full back worked their and played for Colne Dynamoes and got £150 game sometimes playing twice a week, Rochdale and a host of clubs were after him couldn't match his wages.

there were loads of similar cases around that time across the country where previously it only happened with professional guys and those with really good jobs near the top. know rochdale for one in the 80,s stopped looking at any non league players because of the wages issue. they did sign one but only really on his terms as a part time player.

andyd 25-07-2021 11:54

Joey Barton in court tomorrow charged with assaulting another manager and a woman, wonder if found guilty if he will remain in charge at Bristol Rovers.

Exile on Spencer St 25-07-2021 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255455)
Joey Barton in court tomorrow charged with assaulting another manager and a woman, wonder if found guilty if he will remain in charge at Bristol Rovers.

In which case….in steps Yosser? ;)

Twenty Eight 25-07-2021 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255455)

Tomorrow has nothing to do with another Manager mate - that's later in the year.
Charge is assault by beating .......... against his wife on 2 June.

andyd 25-07-2021 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255457)
Tomorrow has nothing to do with another Manager mate - that's later in the year.
Charge is assault by beating .......... against his wife on 2 June.

Not guilty till proven otherwise but if found guilty of hitting a women which is one of the worst things a man " coward ," can do kick him out of football for good.

Twenty Eight 25-07-2021 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255459)
Not guilty till proven otherwise but if found guilty of hitting a women which is one of the worst things a man " coward ," can do kick him out of football for good.

Its Magistrates and lowest of the assault charges.
Fine and a slap on the hand J reckon.
Hopefully the case following the incident at Barnsley will result in serious repercussions.

Exile on Spencer St 25-07-2021 17:43

How much previous can an innocent man have? :rolleyes:

Twenty Eight 25-07-2021 17:49

Well it would be helpful if his missus didn't stick up for him .......... Jesus Mary and the wee donkey.

Exile on Spencer St 25-07-2021 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255461)
Its Magistrates and lowest of the assault charges.
Fine and a slap on the hand J reckon.
Hopefully the case following the incident at Barnsley will result in serious repercussions.

You may be right, 28, but in today’s Trial by Social Media, Barton may find that hitting a woman has greater repercussions than hitting a fellow football manager.

Twenty Eight 25-07-2021 18:09

No mate. Sentencing guidelines are just that and remember this is Magistrates not Crown with a unreliable witness / victim.
If Barton had worried about trial by social media he'd have never worked in the game again after putting a cig out in an academy player's eye - but still got offers of work.

Twenty Eight 25-07-2021 18:10

There are other instances as well that got swept under the carpet / people paid off. Fact - or should I say allegedly.

monkey hanger 26-07-2021 09:16

if all this had happened to coley and not that dick barton we all know what the outcome would be. shelf stacking for the former. do not talk about role models in the game when people like him are still in it.

AccyMad 31-07-2021 20:17

Congrats to Seamus on signing a new 1 year extension on his current contract, keeping him here until 2023 - well deserved

Twenty Eight 01-08-2021 11:08

Great news not only on the pitch but off it.

andyd 01-08-2021 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1255592)
Congrats to Seamus on signing a new 1 year extension on his current contract, keeping him here until 2023 - well deserved

Well done to Seamus great to see longer contracts and extension,s to current ones for players the management want to keep, hard to imagine when Seamus first arrived.

monkey hanger 02-08-2021 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255617)
Well done to Seamus great to see longer contracts and extension,s to current ones for players the management want to keep, hard to imagine when Seamus first arrived.

so true. its gone for many of us anybody but seamus to dissapointment when he is out. however i know one who,ll be unhappy but no player can win em all.

Tommy McQueen 02-08-2021 18:35

Anyone tried to sign up to iFollow for the Wycombe match ?
Tried yesterday and it said this match not available yet .
Today doesn’t even show the game ,first game Rotherham only commentary.

stanleyhouse 02-08-2021 20:42

Don't think there is ifollow on a Saturday 3pm.

NORTHERNSOUL 03-08-2021 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1255652)
Don't think there is ifollow on a Saturday 3pm.

No. Saturday 3pm games are subject to the blackout again. In league two quite a few games are getting moved to Friday nights and to 1pm Saturday kickoffs.

The good news is the FL are seriously looking at how they could build on the success of the last 18 months and implement something without the PL just showing all their games on Saturdays at 3 pm and it seems what they're looking at doing is creating a difference between a broadcast and a paid stream and allowing streams but not broadcasts.

One of the things they are looking at is where you buy a season ticket which gives you access to all your clubs home games either in person or as a stream at a reasonable price but then charging considerably more than last seasons 10 quid if you were to buy on a match by match basis.

But apparently one of the things thats holding things up is that they've yet to come up with a way of making the i/follow system more secure to prevent all the pirate streams that were about. I guess it's all a matter of making sure that they come up with something that would be guaranteed to create extra revenue and not eat into current gate earnings that would be a lot harder to pirate than it was last season.

monkey hanger 03-08-2021 08:36

someone told me that you can live stream midweek games. is that true or false.

andyd 03-08-2021 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255657)
someone told me that you can live stream midweek games. is that true or false.

No Saturday games between 2-30 and 6-00 not quite accurate with the the times, midweek games on I follow unless on sky, Bank Holiday games at the descrestion of the home team. Papa John's trophy games apart from semi- finals and final which are on sky.

MikeA 03-08-2021 15:55

Coley on banning heading:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...r-john-coleman and
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...awed-in-future

andyd 04-08-2021 19:13

Quite a few Burnley fans on social media complaining about walk on prices range from £30 to £50 they are right small working class town price of being in the Premiership or new owners out of touch.

monkey hanger 05-08-2021 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255756)
Quite a few Burnley fans on social media complaining about walk on prices range from £30 to £50 they are right small working class town price of being in the Premiership or new owners out of touch.

thing is football is far different than going to the theatre. the latter at the top end which premiers league football is, you,d go a handful of times at most during a full year. at burnley its 19 league games over 9 months to find money for. you can see some of their fans picking games where the club will lose out financially in the end.

cashman 05-08-2021 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255764)
thing is football is far different than going to the theatre. the latter at the top end which premiers league football is, you,d go a handful of times at most during a full year. at burnley its 19 league games over 9 months to find money for. you can see some of their fans picking games where the club will lose out financially in the end.

thats a knocking bet at those prices imho.

andyd 06-08-2021 13:00

Messi to leave Barcelona because under the Spanish league,s financial fair play rules especially following the Big Six fiasco they can't afford him at 34 years old they had a 5 year contract on the table for him to sign with his salary reduced by 50% to 20 million Euros a year in layman terms roughly £360 thousand + a week. Some players they wanted off the wage bill to accommodate Messi haven't gone so basically they can't afford him game at top level is nuts way beyond working class lads like myself and many more in this country.

accytom18 06-08-2021 13:08

I reckon they’ll find a way to somehow keep Messi at Barca. He’s the poster boy for la liga too. The rules will be twisted and they’ll find a way to keep him at Barca even if just for 1 more season. After that I could see him going back to Argentina for his boyhood club Newells old Boys.

Twenty Eight 06-08-2021 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by accytom18 (Post 1255829)
I reckon they’ll find a way to somehow keep Messi at Barca. He’s the poster boy for la liga too. The rules will be twisted and they’ll find a way to keep him at Barca even if just for 1 more season. After that I could see him going back to Argentina for his boyhood club Newells old Boys.

He could always play a season for nothing ........ won't make a difference to his overall wealth.

Exile on Spencer St 06-08-2021 14:22

1 Attachment(s)
If one picture could sum up the Premier League….

cashman 06-08-2021 14:43

the money is ridiculous but to me Grealish is worth more than Pogba.

Exile on Spencer St 06-08-2021 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1255837)
the money is ridiculous but to me Grealish is worth more than Pogba.

You’re worth more than Pogba! ;)

andyd 08-08-2021 18:59

Hull City won on their return to the Championship with a fine 4-1 away win at Preston but it could be in jeopardy because they used 4 substitutes rule change this summer brought it back to 7 named and only 3 used what's going on?

Exile on Spencer St 08-08-2021 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255978)
Hull City won on their return to the Championship with a fine 4-1 away win at Preston but it could be in jeopardy because they used 4 substitutes rule change this summer brought it back to 7 named and only 3 used what's going on?

Someone not doing their homework?

andyd 08-08-2021 19:06

Just ran through Saturday,s fixtures in the Championship and Stoke made 4 changes as well can someone on here clarify the rules on this.

Twenty Eight 08-08-2021 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255978)

Erm referee ? Fourth official ?

StanleyJosh 08-08-2021 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255982)
Just ran through Saturday,s fixtures in the Championship and Stoke made 4 changes as well can someone on here clarify the rules on this.

3 substitutes can be made during the game. (same as Pre-covid)
There is now also something called 'concussion substitutes.' - can make a max of 2 per game in addition to the 3 standard subs. Team doctor has to make recommendation for player to come off and dialogue must include 4th official with opposing team made aware that it is a concussion sub. Presume this ties in with the new rules for heading in training.

StanleyJosh 08-08-2021 20:32

on the subject of subs, I was confused at the game yesterday.....

Ipswich player went down injured after a challenge, play continued so no foul etc, stayed down for a bit of time. Ipswich didn't put the ball out of play, ball ends up safely in Trafford's hands. Ref stops play to allow player to be treated. All funky dory, however the referee then allows the injured player to be substituted, a new player enters the field and play continues from Trafford. Never seen that before.

AccyMad 08-08-2021 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1255988)

Ipswich player went down injured after a challenge, play continued so no foul etc, stayed down for a bit of time. Ipswich didn't put the ball out of play, ball ends up safely in Trafford's hands. Ref stops play to allow player to be treated. All funky dory, however the referee then allows the injured player to be substituted, a new player enters the field and play continues from Trafford. Never seen that before.

How did the ball end up in Trafford's hands - all the way from Ipswich to Wycombe?? That's some kick :)

StanleyJosh 08-08-2021 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1255989)
How did the ball end up in Trafford's hands - all the way from Ipswich to Wycombe?? That's some kick :)

It's been a long week!!
As AccyMad has pointed out - my post should have read Wycombe and not Ipswich.

StanleyJosh 08-08-2021 21:33

Quote:

Wycombe not Ipswich.

andyd 08-08-2021 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1255987)
3 substitutes can be made during the game. (same as Pre-covid)
There is now also something called 'concussion substitutes.' - can make a max of 2 per game in addition to the 3 standard subs. Team doctor has to make recommendation for player to come off and dialogue must include 4th official with opposing team made aware that it is a concussion sub. Presume this ties in with the new rules for heading in training.

Confused.com

MikeA 09-08-2021 07:14

From the EFL website at https://www.efl.com/-more/governance...n-5--fixtures/

33.4 Substitute Players. In all League Competition Matches, each team is permitted up to seven substitutes of whom not more than three may take part in the Match. All substitutes must be nominated and included on the official Team Sheet handed to the Referee prior to the Match. Not more than three Players of each Club may warm up or warm down at the same time on the perimeter of the pitch on which the Match is being played.

monkey hanger 09-08-2021 08:06

Quote:

sounds fine to me. however i did not see the incident so its hard to comment on it. better than the stupid time wasting dropping of the ball for it being tapped back to the keeper to restart the game.

Lost in Cornwall 10-08-2021 08:26

Covid having an effect again. Harrogate's League Cup match against Rochdale and next two league games off.

andyd 10-08-2021 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1256030)
Covid having an effect again. Harrogate's League Cup match against Rochdale and next two league games off.

And if they can't rearrange the cup tie against Rochdale in a short time frame they forfiet the tie.

andyd 10-08-2021 09:36

Premium league have just announced at fixtures across the country fans be prepared to be picked out randomly to provide the status of your Covid protection, eg, full vacinnation or recent negative lateral flow test. Fully expect EFL to follow suit.

andyd 10-08-2021 18:08

Stanley have been fined £7000 for something regarding the covid outbreak last season joke EFL at its inconsistent best.

mab 10-08-2021 23:10

How can you get fined for something which is completely out of you control ?..:mad:

AccyMad 11-08-2021 06:20

34 clubs have been fined, absolutely ridiculous!! As Andy put it, "folk who can't run a bath fining folk who can'

monkey hanger 11-08-2021 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256032)
Premium league have just announced at fixtures across the country fans be prepared to be picked out randomly to provide the status of your Covid protection, eg, full vacinnation or recent negative lateral flow test. Fully expect EFL to follow suit.

unfair. check everyone or nobody. would be a nightmare for someone like me who arrived at the ground a few times with his season ticket still at home.

andyd 11-08-2021 13:56

Reading twitter of which Andy Holt is a regular contributor after this £7000 Covid fine and other things reads like he is getting increasingly frustrated at being in charge of a football club, can't say I blame him.

cashman 11-08-2021 14:47

was talking to him yesterday i got that impression also.:eek:

The Red Darreners 11-08-2021 16:54

I am absolutely disgusted about this fine.

I have just sent this email to the EFL.

I encourage others to do the same - I've removed my personal details for the purposes of Accy Web:

"EFL Query – sent 11 August

Firstly PLEASE can you ensure my query goes straight to the apporopriate policy/decision maker, and ensure my query is acknowledged directly to my email

To whom it may concern

Over the last eighteen months or more the world has been in the grip of a pandemic . Whilst it did not initially seem to discriminate in terms of income, class, location, ethnic background or profession, it has since emerged that there were in fact obvious disparities in some of these regards. Many low income clubs, like my own, Accrington Stanley, struggled desperately to stay afloat during this period, and at the back end of 2020 almost our entire playing and coaching staff were stricken by this dreadful illness (I have had it too - it was easily the most unpleasant health issue I have faced in my 59 years). in common with other clubs in this unfortunate, maybe even tragic predicament, they took the steps laid down in law (and observed the necessary common sense) in mitigating the risks as best they could. Four matches were thus postponed.

Our Chairman has today shared the news that all the clubs faced with these impossible circumstances have been fined by the EFL - in our case to the tune of £7000, a sum which may seem insignificant in a profession when the likes of Lionel Messi can earn 67 euros per second, but which our club can ill afford. Nor does the right of appeal seem to me, on the face of it, to be particularly fair or transparent.

My serious, polite question is this:
Why? In these exceptional circumstances, when smaller clubs are under the threat of imminent demise, when our club did absolutely everything they could to mitigate against the chaos caused by an impossible situation, why has this fine been imposed? The postponements were a health and safety necessity - everyone involved in running the League will have been well aware that these situations would be absolutely unavoidable.

So WHY are we, and other clubs being punished in this way? My wife and I buy season tickets every year; as an interested and concerned individual (ie A FAN), I have an interest in my club, and I want to know and understand EXACTLY what my club DID WRONG to receive this apparently absurd sanction.

I also want you to know that were it not for the my club's extraordinary efforts last season, both on and off the pitch, and the empathy and selflessness of the chairman, staff and players with the vulnerable among our local community, many of us would have endured an even more unbearable experience than the one we did face. The club kept going, and largely because of this, so did we.

I therefore respectfully request that your organisation withdraw what seems to be a completely unreasonable sanction.

Much of my income finds its way into the EFL coffers directly and indirectly; as a customer and stakeholder therefore, I insist that the relevant parties explain the rationale behind this fine URGENTLY.

I look forward to reading your response.

Thank you, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, Darwen, Lancs".

andyd 11-08-2021 17:01

Yes Messi,s crocodile tears at leaving Barcelona have soon been replaced with huge waves and smiles as he received a £25 million pound signing on fee and wages of £650 thousand pounds a week for the next 2 seasons with an option of a third, the EFL and football authority,s in general should be looking at controling this out of control spending at the top, not fining the minnions before it ruins the game completely.

cashman 11-08-2021 17:46

can all the clubs fined by these IDIOTS, get together and refuse to pay this idiotic fine? NO they can not cos these IDIOTS are keeping it back from the money the E.F.L. pay to the clubs, talk about BARSTEWARDS.:mad::mad::mad::mad: to my mind the clubs were following GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES SURELY?

andyd 11-08-2021 22:04

Apparently we have been fined £5700 for naming an illegible player in our squad in the final game against Pompey last season, the player in question was Paul Smyth because he was an unused substitute we have avoided a points deduction. How has that been allowed to happen?

andyd 11-08-2021 22:11

Paul Smyth was only registered until May the 8th the game was moved to the 9th May presumably for sky coverage so the paperwork should have been amended and it wasn't so probably guilty as charged. This is only what I have read in the local rag for Portsmouth so presumably it has an element of truth to it.

monkey hanger 12-08-2021 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256120)
Apparently we have been fined £5700 for naming an illegible player in our squad in the final game against Pompey last season, the player in question was Paul Smyth because he was an unused substitute we have avoided a points deduction. How has that been allowed to happen?

the authorities just love these fines and flex their muscles usually against the smaller clubs. probebly the worst incidence of lack of common sense was the banning of polish players in the craven and district league. a bottom rung of a saturday afternoon parks league where the only person paid is the ref. the reason was that they did not receive international clearance. i give up and could understand anyone else feeling and doing the same.

monkey hanger 12-08-2021 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1256104)
was talking to him yesterday i got that impression also.:eek:

you can understand his position though. must be hard for someone like andy holt who seems to have a lot of common sense having to deal with these sort of people on a regular basis. he stands out a mile and head and shoulders above the others for me. one of the reasons i make an effort to attend when i can. at least i can feel proud of supporting stanley and everything about the club from top to bottom.

Lord Stiffupperlip 12-08-2021 08:52

Does anyone seriously believe these fines result from breaches of rules? Or, are they just a cynical attempt to hang on to the moolah?
34 clubs fined £7k for being guilty of becoming infected by covid. You do the maths!
Well, money doesn't grow on trees & I suppose someone's got to maintain the lifestyle of the EFL fatcats during these difficult times.

monkey hanger 12-08-2021 09:36

they,ll be fining clubs for allowing their players to get injured in games next. one day they,ll actually do something that really benefits ALL clubs and fans. however i,m too old now to see it happening.

pifco 12-08-2021 12:31

Having to understand all the nonsensical rules of the EFL and must be difficult for the management of the smaller clubs especially, you can understand why so many of them including their supporters lose interest. To me it appears that the EFL itself is one of the main reasons that league football is in such a demoralised state.
We are lucky to have an owner who has a common sense approach to running a club and I just pray that he isn't getting tired of it all and would like to assure him that he has the support of every single one of the fans.

Chewbacca 13-08-2021 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256120)

It is probably the same way all the other similar mistakes have happened. The COVID fine seems harsh but this one is entirely self inflicted and hopefully a turning point. I would expect Holt is fuming about this more than the COVID fine, but can't say as it would be a HR matter.

StanleyJosh 13-08-2021 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1256172)
It is probably the same way all the other similar mistakes have happened. The COVID fine seems harsh but this one is entirely self inflicted and hopefully a turning point. I would expect Holt is fuming about this more than the COVID fine, but can't say as it would be a HR matter.

No chance.

Twenty Eight 13-08-2021 09:53

It is a breach but the mitigation arguments - one day out, due to game being moved, player an unused sub - surely "don't let it happen again / slap on wrists" would have been enough.

andyd 13-08-2021 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1256199)
It is a breach but the mitigation arguments - one day out, due to game being moved, player an unused sub - surely "don't let it happen again / slap on wrists" would have been enough.

That doesn't happen with " small " clubs they seem to revel in wielding their power on fining such as us but failing entirely on the bigger issues facing the game.

Twenty Eight 13-08-2021 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256200)
That doesn't happen with " small " clubs they seem to revel in wielding their power on fining such as us but failing entirely on the bigger issues facing the game.

I think that's a bit unfair the rule book is the rule book and the rule's been broken. I don't think the status of the club changes that. It's the lack of common sense. However I know as a fact the EFL are paranoid about setting precedents.

monkey hanger 13-08-2021 10:28

Quote:

a bigger suspended sentance would have been fairer. however we do not know if a precidant has been set by another club before we were charged in years gone by. i,m sure a team was kicked out of the FA Cup some years ago on a similar incident to ours, a non playing sub.

andyd 13-08-2021 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1256202)
I think that's a bit unfair the rule book is the rule book and the rule's been broken. I don't think the status of the club changes that. It's the lack of common sense. However I know as a fact the EFL are paranoid about setting precedents.

I haven't and neither does the club have an issue about braking the rules and the club has held its hand up, but following the ludricous £7000 fine handed out to Stanley and 33 other clubs for breaching Covid rules but following government guidance shows to me that the EFL are weak and are good at wielding the rule book but not so good at standing up to the real problems in football that we all know about.

AccyMad 13-08-2021 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1256203)
a bigger suspended sentance would have been fairer. however we do not know if a precidant has been set by another club before we were charged in years gone by. i,m sure a team was kicked out of the FA Cup some years ago on a similar incident to ours, a non playing sub.

We were kicked out of the then JPT Trophy for fielding Ray Putterill who had been given a ban whilst playing Sunday league football that we didn't know about

andyd 13-08-2021 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1256212)
We were kicked out of the then JPT Trophy for fielding Ray Putterill who had been given a ban whilst playing Sunday league football that we didn't know about

Ray Putterill what a player he could have been without his recurring back problems potentially could have been one of our best midfielder,s ever shame.

NORTHERNSOUL 13-08-2021 14:20

Quote:

I Definitely wouldn't pay this one based on the fact that it was the FL who changed the date of the match, not the clubs, not SKY and not GOD but the EFL
themselves so surely its their responsibility to keep the paperwork up to date and at the very least send the club a reminder and not go trawling for misdemeanours that they can then at a later date issue fines for.

Lord Stiffupperlip 13-08-2021 22:06

Quote:

Alas, in these situations, fair play, justice & common sense are low on the EFL agenda.
What is on their agenda is raising cash. It would be of interest to know exactly how much of their annual revenue comes from fines?

MikeA 13-08-2021 23:05

A sensible EFL, acting in its members' interests, as one would expect, would have anticipated this situation when they changed the season's end-date and given teams a gentle reminder to check the final dates of players' contracts. After all, they have this information on their records.

Exile on Spencer St 14-08-2021 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1256232)
A sensible EFL, acting in its members' interests, as one would expect, would have anticipated this situation when they changed the season's end-date and given teams a gentle reminder to check the final dates of players' contracts. After all, they have this information on their records.

In other situations, it might even be regarded as a deliberate ‘sting’ by an unscrupulous agency to screw money out of punters.
How much notice did the EFL give of the enforced date change?

andyd 29-08-2021 11:04

Ipswich Town in the relegation zone some fans on their forum already questioning Cook,s management reign and who could do a better job the perils of being a " big " club.

cashman 29-08-2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257143)
Ipswich Town in the relegation zone some fans on their forum already questioning Cook,s management reign and who could do a better job the perils of being a " big " club.

Stevie Wonder he aint a SNAKE

MikeA 29-08-2021 13:02

I think I'll try Coalville Town tomorrow. 1pm KO, at home.

Exile on Spencer St 29-08-2021 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1257148)

Haven’t they got a striker we could loan? :rolleyes:

andyd 30-08-2021 12:40

Shrewd signing by Grayson at Fleetwood getting striker Joe Garner on a free and a 2 year deal.

cashman 30-08-2021 12:48

Just seen what J.C. says on fishy, we must get back to creating 9 or 10 chances in a match, i fail to see how we can do that if we are booting the ball upfield instead of playing it.???

MikeA 30-08-2021 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1257148)

Scrappy match. Ended 1-1, but good to see Billy score their penalty. :)

Exile on Spencer St 02-09-2021 16:58

Does anyone out there know where the winning ticket number for the 50-50 half- time draw can be found after the match?
I can’t find anything on the Stanley or the OASSC web sites.
I never heard the announcement at the Barrow game, nor saw it on the ‘big’ ;) screen, if it’s displayed there.

mab 02-09-2021 21:00

Wonder what's wrong with our giant screen needs sorting if possible. Is there a valid warranty ?

stanleyhouse 03-09-2021 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1257319)
Does anyone out there know where the winning ticket number for the 50-50 half- time draw can be found after the match?
I can’t find anything on the Stanley or the OASSC web sites.
I never heard the announcement at the Barrow game, nor saw it on the ‘big’ ;) screen, if it’s displayed there.

Was drawn live on the pitch and announced immediately.
Put on the scoreboard and on five A3 posters which are put by the exits and behind the Farleys stand.
Always claimed either before full time or afterwards in the club shop.

Exile on Spencer St 03-09-2021 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1257348)
Was drawn live on the pitch and announced immediately.
Put on the scoreboard and on five A3 posters which are put by the exits and behind the Farleys stand.
Always claimed either before full time or afterwards in the club shop.

Thanks, must pay more attention next time.

cashman 03-09-2021 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1257349)
Thanks, must pay more attention next time.

i checked mine and was stood next to yeh lol mind it did me no good checking lol

Exile on Spencer St 05-09-2021 17:35

Dion on at 55 minutes for NI in today’s friendly and he’s already got a yellow card!

Lost in Cornwall 06-09-2021 06:52

BBC report suggests he had a real impact on the game and needs to be considered as a starter for the next match.