Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Watchdog 12-03-2024 16:15

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1277329)
Don't you mean his brother......Paul? and Chesterfield......yes they are by far the best team this season in the Conference.....

Yes, my mistake, Paul Cooke. They have played some good football this season.

Crown Grounder 13-03-2024 12:57

I think we just lose Vitek for 1 league game. It's the away game at Sutton on Saturday 23rd March. The Czech Republic play International Friendlies on Friday 22nd March and Tuesday 26th March. Let's hope Toby is fit and ready to step in.......

Exile on Spencer St 13-03-2024 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1277360)
Let's hope Toby is fit and ready to step in.......

Savin captained the U23 t’other week against Burnley and had a good match.

MikeA 27-04-2024 09:11

I've noticed that the NWCFL's Macron Cup Final will be played at the Wham on Saturday, 11 May. Barnoldswick v Chadderton, 3pm KO.

Exile on Spencer St 27-04-2024 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1278035)
I've noticed that the NWCFL's Macron Cup Final will be played at the Wham on Saturday, 11 May. Barnoldswick v Chadderton, 3pm KO.

‘Cos it’s the Whambley of the north! ;)

Phil Whalley 27-04-2024 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1278039)
‘Cos it’s the Whambley of the north! ;)

A friend of mine met some Barnet fans on the train home after the Bees had played Halifax at the Wham a couple of weeks ago. They were very impressed by the transformation of the ground and the hospitality available. Said they were looking forward to returning next season.

Unfortunately for them, that's not going to happen after today's result. Which also means that one of Altrincham, Bromley or Solihull Moors will be in the Football League next season.

Chewbacca 27-04-2024 22:29

The free drink / snack etc offer backfired when it was stopped well before kick-off.

Lots of fans complaining they wouldn't come again. tinpot from holt.

Exile on Spencer St 28-04-2024 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1278055)
The free drink / snack etc offer backfired when it was stopped well before kick-off.

Lots of fans complaining they wouldn't come again. tinpot from holt.

What…they won’t come again because they didn’t get a free sweetie or bag of crisps.?. Real fans, then.

We got our vouchers easily entering Coley’s but, if there was a mistake it may have been at the Clayton End where the vouchers were not being handed out individually in the turnstiles, but once people were inside the Fan Zone.
There were people coming from every direction and no doubt some coming back several times and the poor security guy was swamped and presumably dispensed all his vouchers.

Hey, come to think of it, I didn’t get a free Easter egg so I really should have stayed away yesterday out of principle.

Chewbacca 28-04-2024 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1278056)
What…they won’t come again because they didn’t get a free sweetie or bag of crisps.?. Real fans, then.

We got our vouchers easily entering Coley’s but, if there was a mistake it may have been at the Clayton End where the vouchers were not being handed out individually in the turnstiles, but once people were inside the Fan Zone.
There were people coming from every direction and no doubt some coming back several times and the poor security guy was swamped and presumably dispensed all his vouchers.

Hey, come to think of it, I didn’t get a free Easter egg so I really should have stayed away yesterday out of principle.

You were probably too old for the easter egg and they ran out too.

It was **** poor organisation, you are correct, and there were a lot of new/casual fans so you try to get these things right to give a good impression of the club and not mess them up.

Especially when you tell kids and the clubs can't do something basic.

mab 28-04-2024 19:59

We got our voucher from a steward as we entered number 4 turnstile yesterday!!

cashman 29-04-2024 07:25

i got sod all but dont give a stuff.