Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

monkey hanger 04-02-2021 10:18

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249913)
Bournemouth sack manager Jason Tindall after 4 straight defeats but still in playoffs position window gone new guy will have to work with the same players knee jerk comes to mind.

about time some of these football clubs boards get a reality check on their clubs. they had a few years of premier league football but are really at their true level now. even the championship is a big improvement on the div.1 football their older fans were really used to.

andyd 04-02-2021 14:51

Harry Perritt, Jack Bolton and Rhys Fenlon all join Southport on youth loans.

Div3North 04-02-2021 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249936)

Fair enough - we keep nicking their senior players :D

:theband::theband::theband:

andyd 04-02-2021 15:35

Plymouth game Tuesday brought forward to 5-30pm kick off.

ferret man 04-02-2021 18:11

Cheers Andy

monkey hanger 05-02-2021 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249936)

there has certainly been some comings and goings between the teams over the last few years. wonder if the sandgrounders will eventually change their kit to red and have their own milk advert.

cashman 05-02-2021 11:41

to me we need 6pts from next 2 home games to have a realistic chance of going up, we gotta play doncaster and sunderland twice yet, lincoln and peterborough once.pompey once also.

Crown Grounder 05-02-2021 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249961)
to me we need 6pts from next 2 home games to have a realistic chance of going up, we gotta play doncaster and sunderland twice yet, lincoln and peterborough once.pompey once also.

Agreed Cashy.......I wonder if we are up to it. We are good enough on our day.....but I'm not sure we are consistent enough........Let's hope so as I can't see us beating Donny, Lincoln and Oxford, and a loss usually leads to a mini bad run......of results. But I live in hope...:D

andyd 05-02-2021 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1249962)
Agreed Cashy.......I wonder if we are up to it. We are good enough on our day.....but I'm not sure we are consistent enough........Let's hope so as I can't see us beating Donny, Lincoln and Oxford, and a loss usually leads to a mini bad run......of results. But I live in hope...:D

24 games left 72 points to play for consistency is the key we have averaged 1.81 points per game keep that up we finish with 83/84 enough for top 6 I would think.

cashman 05-02-2021 12:45

oxford below us but only side to win last 6 games could also be a danger we play them away,

AccyMad 05-02-2021 13:51

Portsmouth home game moved to Tuesday 27th April, another one we'll be playing home & away within a week

Chimer 05-02-2021 15:37

That makes for one hell of a run-in - all opposition clubs in the last 5 games currently lying between 3rd and 8th :D

Outback Ozzy 05-02-2021 22:15

Bovvered, why? Do we not raise our game against the so called big clubs!

monkey hanger 06-02-2021 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1249981)
Bovvered, why? Do we not raise our game against the so called big clubs!

we do but sometimes we have to play the ref as well in these games. its games like today after a big win that always worry me. know a man.city fan who hates it when they have a big win. he always expects them to dry up after this and in the past he has been right.

MikeA 06-02-2021 10:09

'Accrington on the Up' on Sky:
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gton-on-the-up

anmc 06-02-2021 10:58

What does anyone know about Hull complaining about our changing rooms not being covid compliant?

anmc 06-02-2021 11:16

Just seen Andy's reply as well, love it!

cashman 06-02-2021 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmc (Post 1249996)
What does anyone know about Hull complaining about our changing rooms not being covid compliant?

probably an excuse for getting beat?

MikeA 06-02-2021 13:02

It's not often that Stanley are featured in a local newspaper outside Lancashire, in this case Wolverhampton: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...success-story/

cashman 06-02-2021 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1250010)
It's not often that Stanley are featured in a local newspaper outside Lancashire, in this case Wolverhampton: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...success-story/

thats a damn good report i think.

monkey hanger 07-02-2021 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249966)
oxford below us but only side to win last 6 games could also be a danger we play them away,

thats one game that any point gained is a real bonus. expect nothing from them really. must have won there in the past but all i remember were a couple of heavy defeats.

monkey hanger 07-02-2021 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250000)
probably an excuse for getting beat?

its either the dressing rooms, pitch, open end, referee, weather and anything else they can come up with if stanley dare beat a team they may have spent too much on signing and paying their players in the first place. never we were the better team. must be easy for coley and jimmy to motivate our lads when all this constantly happens.

andyd 10-02-2021 08:20

Just a quick mention for the staff and Buzzer fantastic achievement to get 3 consecutive home games on a bit concerned at the look of the pitch towards the end last night 10 days till next home game hopefully brighter weather and a mix of Buzzer magic will make the surface better for Stanley,s style of play.

Crown Grounder 10-02-2021 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250174)
Just a quick mention for the staff and Buzzer fantastic achievement to get 3 consecutive home games on a bit concerned at the look of the pitch towards the end last night 10 days till next home game hopefully brighter weather and a mix of Buzzer magic will make the surface better for Stanley,s style of play.

Totally agree andyd......let's hope the pitch improves for the Shrews at home on the 20th Feb.....well done Buzzer.

AccyMad 10-02-2021 15:41

Bristol Rovers & Northampton have today sacked their respective managers, Paul Tisdale & Kieth Curle

monkey hanger 11-02-2021 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1250190)
Bristol Rovers & Northampton have today sacked their respective managers, Paul Tisdale & Kieth Curle

and guess what there will be a real good chance of em being replaced by someone no better than they were.

andyd 11-02-2021 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1250211)
and guess what there will be a real good chance of em being replaced by someone no better than they were.

I also thought clubs were struggling financially with lack of fans but can still manage to fire bosses, in Tisdale,s case 19 games and as some Rovers fans have posted a manager appointed and sacked without them seeing him in the flesh.

choirboy 11-02-2021 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1250211)

Yes and who knows, they could even do a ‘Job Swap’.:cool:

Chimer 11-02-2021 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1250213)
Yes and who knows, they could even do a ‘Job Swap’.:cool:

Now perhaps that would finally make clear to everyone how lunatic the managerial merry-go-round has become :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 12-02-2021 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1250222)
Now perhaps that would finally make clear to everyone how lunatic the managerial merry-go-round has become :rolleyes:

would really love this to happen. the whole thing makes my bodily fluids boil. team A sack their manager for poor performances. team B sign him and herald him as their new saviour. in the normal world if you are sacked for being rubbish at your job you,d be lucky to get the same job again anywhere in the country.

Chewbacca 12-02-2021 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1250222)

West ham and Charlton did this in effect when Curbishley and Pardew changed teams, although there was a little gap for Curbs I think of a few months.

Sometimes a new approach is needed, relationships can be strained and a fresh start helps. Didn't really work for Charlton though, fans thought they should be pushing on, not realising they were at their zenith, and only one direction was likely.

monkey hanger 13-02-2021 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1250254)

Sometimes a new approach is needed, relationships can be strained and a fresh start helps. Didn't really work for Charlton though, fans thought they should be pushing on, not realising they were at their zenith, and only one direction was likely.

teams always seem to drop down to what really is their natural level even with a change in manager. charlton were never going to be regulars in the top flight and the same with bournemouth. yeovil are another example of batting well above their weight and if wycombe are stupid enough to sack ainsworth they could become another. think many fans understand this a lot more than owners do.

cashman 13-02-2021 15:59

not been a bad afternoon Charlton Hull @ Doncaster all lost.

andyd 13-02-2021 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250292)
not been a bad afternoon Charlton Hull @ Doncaster all lost.

Will be even better if we manage to get something out of the Lincoln, Doncaster games 3points great anything more massive.

cashman 13-02-2021 18:38

it sure will its possible i think

andyd 16-02-2021 07:27

Interesting statistics on the Ifollow figures for Lincoln v Stanley total 3753 away 273 apparently best yet for Lincoln, is it good or bad figures for both teams Lincoln,s first season back in league 1 they averaged 8986 fans so over 5500+ not bothering and don't have Stanley's home viewing figures but 273 isn't many. Reasons anybody mine are fans don't like it can't wait to get back live, poor quality issues and generally financial problems.

andyd 16-02-2021 07:35

Also to add to last post Lincoln had 6500+ season tickets sold last season not sure on excact numbers this season but early bird they had sold 4000+.

StanleyJosh 16-02-2021 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250391)
Interesting statistics on the Ifollow figures for Lincoln v Stanley total 3753 away 273 apparently best yet for Lincoln, is it good or bad figures for both teams Lincoln,s first season back in league 1 they averaged 8986 fans so over 5500+ not bothering and don't have Stanley's home viewing figures but 273 isn't many. Reasons anybody mine are fans don't like it can't wait to get back live, poor quality issues and generally financial problems.

Keep in mind if a family of 2 or 3 who go to games then that's only 1 iFollow pass needed in the household to watch.
I've not experienced any poor quality issues with the feed and have always found it to be at an acceptable level. It's not the same is HD multi-camera Sky premier league quality but it does the job.
Financial problems is an interesting point, would the people not forking out £10 per game due to that be attending a game in that scenario?

andyd 16-02-2021 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1250393)
Keep in mind if a family of 2 or 3 who go to games then that's only 1 iFollow pass needed in the household to watch.
I've not experienced any poor quality issues with the feed and have always found it to be at an acceptable level. It's not the same is HD multi-camera Sky premier league quality but it does the job.
Financial problems is an interesting point, would the people not forking out £10 per game due to that be attending a game in that scenario?

Good point on families watching together no way of counting them I suppose, quality is an issue with quite a few agree better than nothing for the fanatics, it's a scource of income for clubs better than nothing but Andy Holt said in the zoom meeting Stanley lost around £80000+ last season looking at between £150000 to £200000 loss this season that's with a club with small playing budget and low cost base, he added a lot of clubs at the wall regarding money or lack of. No chance even with vaccines of crowds this season and even in August if given go ahead it will probably be limited, with season tickets renewal times coming up for most clubs next season could be defining for some clubs and for the PFA to think they are protecting their members by having salary cap reversed is plain short sighted madness.

Exile on Spencer St 16-02-2021 09:22

I asked the same question awhile ago but no-one seemed able to answer specifically but...if I subscribe to iFollow via Stanley’s web site, how much of my £10 goes to Stanley for (1) home games, and (2) away games?
Anyone know?

monkey hanger 16-02-2021 09:27

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1250393]Keep in mind if a family of 2 or 3 who go to games then that's only 1 iFollow pass needed in the household to watch.

whilst that is true lincoln got a tenner off me they would not have got in normal circumstances. even for home games there will be a few stanley fans who cannot attend anymore who stream the games.

StanleyJosh 16-02-2021 09:43

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1250396]
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1250393)

whilst that is true lincoln got a tenner off me they would not have got in normal circumstances. even for home games there will be a few stanley fans who cannot attend anymore who stream the games.

If I have understood this correctly then, iFollow is allowing people to watch away games when they wouldn't usually attend? I can think of many ASFC away games where the attendance has been less than what was recorded as our 'iFollow attendance.'

StanleyJosh 16-02-2021 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1250395)
I asked the same question awhile ago but no-one seemed able to answer specifically but...if I subscribe to iFollow via Stanley’s web site, how much of my £10 goes to Stanley for (1) home games, and (2) away games?
Anyone know?

Mr T may need to clarify this, but I think it's as follows;

Home Games - ASFC get approx 70% of the income (e.g £7 in every £10 spent)
Away Games - The home team (e.g Lincoln) get the money for the first 500 sign ups (I think this is the full £10 too as opposed to 70%). Anything over 500 goes to the Away team.

Cup games are slightly different than the example above for league games.

andyd 16-02-2021 09:55

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1250398]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1250396)

If I have understood this correctly then, iFollow is allowing people to watch away games when they wouldn't usually attend? I can think of many ASFC away games where the attendance has been less than what was recorded as our 'iFollow attendance.'

I once went to a pre season friendly at Heswall for the first 20+ minutes there was only myself from Accy then Jase and 3 others rolled up so 5 apart from staff a personal record experienced.

NORTHERNSOUL 16-02-2021 09:56

Well FL have plans for 30k crowds at Wembley for the playoffs

It's pretty well established from studies around the world that transmission in outdoor situations is almost negligible.

The issue with football grounds are the concourses but at Wembley, they're on 3 levels and stretches right around 80% of the ground so I wouldn't think with 30k in that shouldn't be an issue.

According to the MD from Chester Racecourse, it's more about creating small sections that cant mingle with each other to facilitate tracing if the worst were to happen and an outbreak occur.

And by the time these games come around well over 50% of the country will have been 3 weeks post-vaccination.

Pubs have been given a tentative opening date of the Early May bank holiday so no reason whatsoever you couldn't have 30k crowds at Wembly the best part of a month later.

andyd 16-02-2021 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250401)
Well FL have plans for 30k crowds at Wembley for the playoffs

It's pretty well established from studies around the world that transmission in outdoor situations is almost negligible.

The issue with football grounds are the concourses but at Wembley, they're on 3 levels and stretches right around 80% of the ground so I wouldn't think with 30k in that shouldn't be an issue.

According to the MD from Chester Racecourse, it's more about creating small sections that cant mingle with each other to facilitate tracing if the worst were to happen and an outbreak occur.

And by the time these games come around well over 50% of the country will have been 3 weeks post-vaccination.

Pubs have been given a tentative opening date of the Early May bank holiday so no reason whatsoever you couldn't have 30k crowds at Wembly the best part of a month later.

All ifs and buts hope it happens but don't think reading between the lines there will be any large gatherings allowed until the population is vaccinated or been offered one if achieving on time this is August/ September so play offs are a bit optimistic. Pubs have been given dates but their collective heads don't really want the same restrictions as last time has they don't make money.

Exile on Spencer St 16-02-2021 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1250399)
Mr T may need to clarify this, but I think it's as follows;

Home Games - ASFC get approx 70% of the income (e.g £7 in every £10 spent)
Away Games - The home team (e.g Lincoln) get the money for the first 500 sign ups (I think this is the full £10 too as opposed to 70%). Anything over 500 goes to the Away team.

Cup games are slightly different than the example above for league games.

Thanks, Josh.
To clarify, am I right in thinking that, unless 501 fans sign on via the Stanley web site for an away game, Stanley get nowt.
Same as if it was a ‘normal’ away game!
But, for the bigger clubs with 500+ viewers, this ‘virtual’ arrangement is financially better than ‘normal’ times. Mmm...?

NORTHERNSOUL 16-02-2021 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250402)
All ifs and buts hope it happens but don't think reading between the lines there will be any large gatherings allowed until the population is vaccinated or been offered one if achieving on time this is August/ September so playoffs are a bit optimistic. Pubs have been given dates but their collective heads don't really want the same restrictions as last time has they don't make money.

But you don't need to have everyone vaccinated to get to a point where all you will get are very small clusters and the R rate would be very low digits.

And by the end of April, the most vulnerable 50% of the population will have had their first jab then add into that those who have natural immunity from already having had covid and you're getting pretty close to the point at which transmission stops.

The pub industry has already told Boris what they will accept and what they won't [ his outside only plan didn't last very long] What i.m told is the only restrictions will be the same as supermarkets ie distancing and masks but as you cant drink in a mask that won't work. There are enough studies now to show that pubs are no greater risk than anywhere else.

But the overriding issue is very shortly we.ll have a budget which without a doubt will be very bad news Boris isn't stupid add any more of his lockdown crap on top of that and he will be toast. There are now over 75 tory MP.s who are willing to cause him serious **** if he doesn't do as he.s told and return us to normality within a matter of weeks.

AccyMad 17-02-2021 06:40

Did anyone see our friend Darren Drysdale Square up to Alan Judge of Ipswich during their game last night? I didn't see the full incident, only a still photograph & maybe the player needed a talking to but if a player had squared up to another he would have received at least a booking so I'm wondering if the ref will be disciplined in any way - probably not

MikeA 17-02-2021 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1250412)
Did anyone see our friend Darren Drysdale Square up to Alan Judge of Ipswich during their game last night? I didn't see the full incident, only a still photograph & maybe the player needed a talking to but if a player had squared up to another he would have received at least a booking so I'm wondering if the ref will be disciplined in any way - probably not

People seem to be blowing this up a bit: https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...n/12220338/ref

monkey hanger 17-02-2021 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250408)

But the overriding issue is very shortly we.ll have a budget which without a doubt will be very bad news Boris isn't stupid add any more of his lockdown crap on top of that and he will be toast. There are now over 75 tory MP.s who are willing to cause him serious **** if he doesn't do as he.s told and return us to normality within a matter of weeks.

whilst i personally agree with you there are many in the country who do not want any normality to return just yet. the fear of it all going wrong again dispite the jabs as it did last year is at the forefront of their minds. waiting a few months more in the hope of restrictions being a thing of the past is what her in the kitchen keeps constantly banging on about.

cashman 17-02-2021 10:06

Normallity within a matter of weeks ! what planet are yeh on northern soul yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening.:rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 17-02-2021 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1250413)
People seem to be blowing this up a bit: https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...n/12220338/ref

That’s maybe because it looked at least a good shout for a penalty from the one angle shown and lots of fans of lots of clubs are aware that Drysdale is a prima donna and, consequently, a pretty crap ref.
I just wonder, if the authorities do nothing, just how worse his behaviour and decisions will get?

andyd 17-02-2021 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250415)
Normallity within a matter of weeks ! what planet are yeh on northern soul yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening.:rolleyes:

With the target of every adult in the UK to have been or offered a vaccine by August/September and then data on effects to be collected anyone thinking full lifting of restrictions before then are on the same planet as some on here who predicted full crowds back at games last September, that I,m afraid is still quite a way off.

MikeA 17-02-2021 14:03

There's good news about Steve Cotterill, the manager of Shrewsbury, who we play on Saturday. He's back home in Bristol after 33 days in hospital with COVID: https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/...-returns-home/

He'll be working remotely for a while, so his return may not have too much influence on this weekend's match.

anmc 17-02-2021 18:51

Drysdale has been charged by the FA, wonder what will happen?

cashman 17-02-2021 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by anmc (Post 1250446)
Drysdale has been charged by the FA, wonder what will happen?

whats he charged with?

Exile on Spencer St 17-02-2021 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250466)
whats he charged with?

Excessive testosterone? :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 18-02-2021 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1250467)
Excessive testosterone? :rolleyes:

having a bald head and a beard.

Crown Grounder 18-02-2021 14:32

My view was Judge was lucky not to get sent off for aggressive behaviour and dissent......

AccyMad 18-02-2021 19:41

Just been announced on sky sports news that the National leagues North & South have voted to end their season with immediate effect & declare it null & void

VALAIRIAN 18-02-2021 20:15

:(

VALAIRIAN 18-02-2021 20:19

B.B.C. Website...............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56119952

andyd 19-02-2021 07:29

National League to cart on but questions over Dover who say they won't play, let down by false promises of aid was a waste of time and money some already provided by government who makes these decisions with tax payers money?

Whalley Red 19-02-2021 08:11

No reason to play on if they are bottom of the league and there is no relegation. Wonder how many others will follow them.

andyd 19-02-2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1250512)
No reason to play on if they are bottom of the league and there is no relegation. Wonder how many others will follow them.

Their chairman said he will not put the club in debt and he and the club have no operating budget left to continue think he would have made the decision irrespective of league position.

Twenty Eight 19-02-2021 12:01

The point is the sanctions for not playing.
They will get relegated and some ..........

Chimer 19-02-2021 12:29

Get relegated a league or few, club goes permanently out of existence, or personally bankrupt yourself throwing money down a hole - a fairly easy choice I would think at the end of the day?

monkey hanger 20-02-2021 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1250517)
Get relegated a league or few, club goes permanently out of existence, or personally bankrupt yourself throwing money down a hole - a fairly easy choice I would think at the end of the day?

the problem for all club owners is that they actually thought as many fans did last august. fans would be back in some numbers in a couple of months down the line. september was quoted by a few on here. those who said no fans would be back until 2021 were classed as doom mongers. even they have proved to be vastly optimistic as things have turned out. without a crystal ball or a gypsy fortuneteller on the board then they have had no chance. wonder who will be the first club to employ a fortune teller as they seem to employ someone in every capacity you can think of.

Twenty Eight 20-02-2021 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1250517)

Speaking as a fan or as an owner ?
There are funds available if you’re prepared to seek help.
If you seriously think the Owner will go bankrupt you're wrong the club has Limited Liability.

andyd 20-02-2021 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1250586)
Speaking as a fan or as an owner ?
There are funds available if you’re prepared to seek help.
If you seriously think the Owner will go bankrupt you're wrong the club has Limited Liability.

The funds are available but will put the club in debt which during his tenure he has kept them out of and he states as have some other chairman they wouldn't have started if they had known the funds were to be loans.

NORTHERNSOUL 21-02-2021 17:29

Have you lost the plot ?

How many businesses will go to the wall before then?

Once you reach 68% of the adult population with immunity either from having had covid or from being vaccinated the numbers cannot go any higher than they are now and that's not taking into account that the 68% are the most likely to be hospitalised or to die in fact 98% of deaths and 89% of hospitalisations have come from within people covered in the top 10 groups. They only have to gain another week with the vaccinations and everybody in the top 10 groups will be 3 weeks post their first jab so absolutely no reason why everything can't be back to normal by the May Day bank holiday and the only thing stopping that is Boris and Hancock listening to those so-called experts with a vested interest in dragging this out as long as they can.

But to relate that to football the games that were played with 2k crowds virtually all took place with numbers well in excess of what numbers right across the country are now and guess what there wasn't a single infection attributed to anyone attending any of those games so on that basis there really is no logical argument for saying you couldn't have 2k crowds in tomorrow with virtually no risk at all. And then after a couple of games at that level just set a divisional maximum and allow clubs to have say a third of capacity in.

Now I understand there are old and vulnerable people who are scared of the virus along with those types who crap themselves when a car backfires and nobody is forcing them to do anything But for god's sake why should those of us who have just ignored the virus and the bull that's gone with it have to put up with this crap any longer just for Boris and Hancock to save their skins [ personally i.d have the pair of them locked up for conspiracy to murder for ordering the care homes to accept people who they knew full well were more than likely to be positive resulting in 35 thousand deaths ]So just let those people continue to self isolate for the next 10 years if that's what they feel happiest doing but for god's sake don't make the rest of us and the economy suffer any longer than we have to.

Plod have admitted that they've all but given up investigating breaches of the rules that don't amount to mass events and parties in private houses because the word has gone round that if you simply don't open the door and engage with them if no offences other than breaches of covid regulations are taking place there's absolutely nothing they can do as they have no right of entry.

NORTHERNSOUL 21-02-2021 17:45

The simple answer is the government stop acting like arses and just say that because there seems to have been a major misunderstanding over who said what and as no minutes were taken of the meeting in question they are going to advance another 3 months money as grants but on condition that clubs accepting them fulfil their fixtures and that promotion and relegation takes place as was originally envisaged.

andyd 21-02-2021 17:51

Barrow sack another manager.

NORTHERNSOUL 21-02-2021 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250619)
Barrow sack another manager.

Should never have appointed him in the first place for any number of reasons.

For a board that do a lot of good things, they seem pretty crap at picking managers.

Seems to me that they were so desperate to find another Evatt they were taken in by a couple of chancers who convinced them that they were just that.

In the summer i.d of just looked at managers with a track record of never having achieved a points total low enough to get a club relegated.

But by appointing Rob Lee they've given themselves half a chance be interesting to see now what happens to the players they furloughed who all played in the games when Lee was in charge last time.

Twenty Eight 22-02-2021 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250587)
The funds are available but will put the club in debt which during his tenure he has kept them out of and he states as have some other chairman they wouldn't have started if they had known the funds were to be loans.

How many clubs have gone under since the first outbreak of covid ? Not going to scroll back but all those forecasts of large scale club collapses, no money for transfers, reduced wages reduces squads....... all nonsense.

andyd 22-02-2021 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1250628)
How many clubs have gone under since the first outbreak of covid ? Not going to scroll back but all those forecasts of large scale club collapses, no money for transfers, reduced wages reduces squads....... all nonsense.

Have you got access to all the clubs accounts because it will be interesting to see them all post Covid, don't forget also some have took advantage of the government grants, Barrow even had the nerve to put out of favour players back on furlough, Andy Holt says Stanley prudently run will lose £150000 to £ 200000 on top of around £80000 last season. Also a lot of clubs with large backroom staff made substantial redundancies possibly enabling them to continue to sack managers and pay over inflated wages, the price to be paid will ultimately be blamed on anything other than themselves.

monkey hanger 22-02-2021 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1250628)

when there is any talk about free money being doled out many cry the poor tale anyway to just get their hands on it. can imagine those in the lower non league structure who have more of less mothballed their clubs, no wages for players, away travel expenses, no match officials, no stewards, gatemen and less on their electric bills all paid out of 200 fans on a home game cannot be missing much.

andyd 22-02-2021 15:02

17th May earliest sports stadiums will be able to open to the public no way then we will see these current crop of players live August hopefully we'll be back in the Wham.

Twenty Eight 22-02-2021 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1250631)
when there is any talk about free money being doled out many cry the poor tale anyway to just get their hands on it. can imagine those in the lower non league structure who have more of less mothballed their clubs, no wages for players, away travel expenses, no match officials, no stewards, gatemen and less on their electric bills all paid out of 200 fans on a home game cannot be missing much.

On the money mate. I work with one club at level seven and they've never had revenue so good !

Twenty Eight 22-02-2021 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250629)
Have you got access to all the clubs accounts because it will be interesting to see them all post Covid, don't forget also some have took advantage of the government grants, Barrow even had the nerve to put out of favour players back on furlough, Andy Holt says Stanley prudently run will lose £150000 to £ 200000 on top of around £80000 last season. Also a lot of clubs with large backroom staff made substantial redundancies possibly enabling them to continue to sack managers and pay over inflated wages, the price to be paid will ultimately be blamed on anything other than themselves.

Oh come on Andy you were one of the gloom and doom merchants throughout the early stages of covid and it was said then and I say it now. Not one club will go out of business due to covid. Not one player will be out of work because of covid it will be because they're not good enough. No players wages have reduced due to covid when out of contract in fact most if not all will be on a better deal.
If admin staff have been sacrificed they had too many in the first place.
Same for Managers coaches the lot.
So if Accy reckon we're down £230k where's the increase in squad numbers come from and the wages that go with it plus new contracts for all the Management ? Please don't ay they're on chump change.
Football is renowned for having "oh woe is me merchants" at all levels. I'm telling you now it isn't as bad overall as being portrayed and when eventually the money seeps down as it will, everybody including Mr Holt will be reasonably happy.

andyd 22-02-2021 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1250641)
Oh come on Andy you were one of the gloom and doom merchants throughout the early stages of covid and it was said then and I say it now. Not one club will go out of business due to covid. Not one player will be out of work because of covid it will be because they're not good enough. No players wages have reduced due to covid when out of contract in fact most if not all will be on a better deal.
If admin staff have been sacrificed they had too many in the first place.
Same for Managers coaches the lot.
So if Accy reckon we're down £230k where's the increase in squad numbers come from and the wages that go with it plus new contracts for all the Management ? Please don't ay they're on chump change.
Football is renowned for having "oh woe is me merchants" at all levels. I'm telling you now it isn't as bad overall as being portrayed and when eventually the money seeps down as it will, everybody including Mr Holt will be reasonably happy.

I'm not a doom and gloom man I say and pass things on to be read on this forum including about fans back in stadiums, I would have loved to have been back in full stadiums back in September when I believe you forecast we would be, a few " pilot " games going to be allowed in April wether Stanley are part of this or not maybe you could enlighten us, and again if you think that there won't be a price to pay well that's your opinion, wether clubs were overstaffed or not it was someone's livleyhood. Footballers especially at the very top are a privalaged bunch some of them not their fault on vast amounts of money at the other end of course some will lose out it's always the case.

cashman 22-02-2021 17:18

have i understood right? is there a chance of a game to watch at home start of april if things go well?

andyd 22-02-2021 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250645)
have i understood right? is there a chance of a game to watch at home start of april if things go well?

There was a mention of " pilot " games in April but if everything goes to plan 17th May is when fans will be allowed limited into stadiums, as playoffs are not till last weekend in May presume fans may be allowed into those.

cashman 22-02-2021 17:30

trust me hoping lol

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250646)
There was a mention of " pilot " games in April but if everything goes to plan 17th May is when fans will be allowed limited into stadiums, as playoffs are not till last weekend in May presume fans may be allowed into those.

Mention is about as near as you.ll get so long as bottler Boris is still in charge pretty clear the dates have been done like this deliberately ie allow fans in from a date that comes after the season is finished.

There is not a shred of evidence that even a single person was infected as a result of attending one of the trial games at the end of last year and the infection figures are now lower than they were when those games took place so whats the justification for not allowing 2k from tomorrow ?

A simple solution would be to keep the kids at home for another few weeks [ till the end of term then have them go back as normal after the summer holidays ] that way you could bring everything else forward by 6 weeks allowing us to take advantage of the upcoming bank holidays and get the economy moving at last.

He needs to stop listening to these prats who have a vested interest in dragging this out for as long as they can [ like the guy who earns 300 quid every time the BBC puts him on the screen i bet he.s hoping it goes on for the next ten years ]

You may or may not know of the scientists who signed the Barrington declaration who have effectively been gagged for the best part of a year and guess what yesterday they were clamped down on even further ahead of the announcements just what is it that these people have to say that Boris is so scared of?

andyd 23-02-2021 07:30

Wealdstone FC have decided having to play on with little or no income to furlough a small number of the first team squad, they will carry on for now but haven't ruled out furloughing the entire squad and playing on with youth or not fulfilling fixtures, they refuse to saddle club with loans, starting to impact first at the lower less well off clubs.

andyd 23-02-2021 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250651)
Mention is about as near as you.ll get so long as bottler Boris is still in charge pretty clear the dates have been done like this deliberately ie allow fans in from a date that comes after the season is finished.

There is not a shred of evidence that even a single person was infected as a result of attending one of the trial games at the end of last year and the infection figures are now lower than they were when those games took place so whats the justification for not allowing 2k from tomorrow ?

A simple solution would be to keep the kids at home for another few weeks [ till the end of term then have them go back as normal after the summer holidays ] that way you could bring everything else forward by 6 weeks allowing us to take advantage of the upcoming bank holidays and get the economy moving at last.

He needs to stop listening to these prats who have a vested interest in dragging this out for as long as they can [ like the guy who earns 300 quid every time the BBC puts him on the screen i bet he.s hoping it goes on for the next ten years ]

You may or may not know of the scientists who signed the Barrington declaration who have effectively been gagged for the best part of a year and guess what yesterday they were clamped down on even further ahead of the announcements just what is it that these people have to say that Boris is so scared of?

The Barrington agreement was signed in America yes America in October 2020 just another opinion of many on ways of handling a pandemic it is really letting herd immunity be reached naturally by locking away if they wish the most vunerable while everyone else gets on working and socially enjoying themselves, a bit like Sweden,s approach which ended up in lockdown eventually. Hindsight is easy vaccines that work are the only true way out of a pandemic and then hopefully those that have got through to the other end can get back to normality along with those who blatantly refuse to believe anything and flouted the rules all the way.

cashman 23-02-2021 08:08

there are loads of fools in the world andy.who probably would not revise their view if they lost someone to this virus.i just laugh quietly at them.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250653)
The Barrington agreement was signed in America yes America in October 2020 just another opinion of many on ways of handling a pandemic it is really letting herd immunity be reached naturally by locking away if they wish the most vunerable while everyone else gets on working and socially enjoying themselves, a bit like Sweden,s approach which ended up in lockdown eventually. Hindsight is easy vaccines that work are the only true way out of a pandemic and then hopefully those that have got through to the other end can get back to normality along with those who blatantly refuse to believe anything and flouted the rules all the way.

What does it matter where it was signed ?

The issue is these scientists have been all but removed from society and news organisations completely banned from letting them express their views.

So i.ll say again just what is it that Boris is so scared of ?

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them arent even that if you deduct the people who were beyond the point at which they should have been dead anyway.

Just ask yourself why are the government blocking the publication of figures around the deaths Why for instance are they blocking the release of the answer to a simple question " How many people under the age of 50 who are not key workers or who do not have any ongoing underlying health issues have died? it's a pretty simple question really that they should be able to answer in 5 minutes but are going to great lengths not to answer. Ask yourself why?

The answer is less than 1500 not much more than 1% of the total deaths from covid and certainly only a fraction of the number of people in that age group who haven't died that would have done in a normal year from things like road accidents or drug overdoses etc. So once again ask yourself why aren't the likes of the BBC reporting on that.

And while we're talking about the BBC why are the only people the BBC will let on air to criticise the timescales Tory MP.s?

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and lets see how he likes that.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250656)

The issue is these scientists have been all but removed from society and news organisations completely banned from letting them express their views.

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them arent even that if you deduct the people who were beyond the point at which they should have been dead anyway.

Just ask yourself why are the government blocking the publication of figures around the deaths Why for instance are they blocking the release of the answer to a simple question " How many people under the age of 50 who are not key workers or who do not have any ongoing underlying health issues have died? it's a pretty simple question really that they should be able to answer in 5 minutes but are going to great lengths not to answer. Ask yourself why?

The answer is less than 1500 not much more than 1% of the total deaths from covid and certainly only a fraction of the number of people in that age group who haven't died that would have done in a normal year from things like road accidents or drug overdoses etc. So once again ask yourself why aren't the likes of the BBC reporting on that.

And while we're talking about the BBC why are the only people the BBC will let on air to criticise the timescales Tory MP.s?

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and lets see how he likes that.

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them aren't even that if you deduct the people who have died who were already beyond their life expectancy in other words the point at which they should have been dead anyway. Will for the next ten years see them reporting how few people have died than would have been expected to [ which must be the case because thousands of people had died months/years earlier of supposedly covid ]

And here's one for you if a man is critically injured in a car crash and is taken barely alive to the hospital where on admittance he is tested for covid and that test comes back as positive, that afternoon he succumbs to his injuries from the crash and dies. Under the present system he is counted as a covid death. Once again Boris refuses to comment on just how ridiculous that situation is Why? I ask myself.

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and let's see how Boris likes that and the cost of it.

andyd 23-02-2021 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250657)

The British people have been lied to and lied to over and over again starting with the term excess deaths when there is actually no such thing as an excess death because a person can only die once so how can there possibly be any more than one death for every person. What they actually are, are early deaths but a good lot of them aren't even that if you deduct the people who have died who were already beyond their life expectancy in other words the point at which they should have been dead anyway. Will for the next ten years see them reporting how few people have died than would have been expected to [ which must be the case because thousands of people had died months/years earlier of supposedly covid ]

And here's one for you if a man is critically injured in a car crash and is taken barely alive to the hospital where on admittance he is tested for covid and that test comes back as positive, that afternoon he succumbs to his injuries from the crash and dies. Under the present system he is counted as a covid death. Once again Boris refuses to comment on just how ridiculous that situation is Why? I ask myself.

I really hope the pub sector go thru with what's being suggested that they give Boris an ultimatum that if the pub's arent open restriction-free by April 1st they will simply make every single furloughed employee redundant adding the best part of a million people to the unemployment figures and let's see how Boris likes that and the cost of it.

Nobody will ever know the truth especially your good self all I know as I write this I am waiting to set off up to Accy crematorium to pay my respects to a lad I have known for over 45 years spoke most home games to him before the match, he had an underlying issue but Covid did him this a lad who regularly ran miles for fun, that,s the 4th person I know who would probably still be here but for this **** 16 weeks if it works out isn't long for normality.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 09:15

Boris may just have shot himself in the foot big style here.

On May 17th football grounds will be allowed a maximum of 10k spectators and nothing will then change until the final lifting of restrictions 6 weeks later on June 21st.

The issue is that on June 13th England host Croatia at Wembley UEFA have already sold well in excess of that many tickets for the game.

Will Boris give them an exemption or will he risk UEFA removing all the games the UK were scheduled to hold ?

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250659)
Nobody will ever know the truth especially your good self all I know as I write this I am waiting to set off up to Accy crematorium to pay my respects to a lad I have known for over 45 years spoke most home games to him before the match, he had an underlying issue but Covid did him this a lad who regularly ran miles for fun, that,s the 4th person I know who would probably still be here but for this **** 16 weeks if it works out isn't long for normality.

And how many of those four took their own measures to avoid catching it or did they rely on Balmy Boris and his facemasks?

I took serious independent medical advice a year ago and by hook or by crook acquired the medication I was told would vastly reduce my chances of catching it and its worked after some tests recently for another completely unrelated medical issue the consultant at the Beardwood told me my immune system was running at a vastly heightened level ready to fight any infection that might come my way.

Now ask yourself if i can protect myself in that way why didn't the government recommend or even better mandate that the whole country took those drugs?

And although i.m very sorry to hear about your friends i suggest you.ve been very unlucky as i know only 2 people who've had it, no one whos been hospitalised and certainly no one whos died and for the first three months i attended a gathering of over 30 people every week [ and not one of the people attending caught anything to the best of my knowledge ]Ive never worn a mask and taken no notice of what Boris says of what i can and i can't do in the privacy of my own home.

Now you might not agree with my attitude towards it but i can tell you if i didn't feel i was being fed nothing but a load of bull**** i might have been slightly more amenable to going along with some of Boris less balmy ideas.

monkey hanger 23-02-2021 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1250654)
there are loads of fools in the world andy.who probably would not revise their view if they lost someone to this virus.i just laugh quietly at them.

but thats life cashy and covid deaths are no worse than anyother death from all other causes that still happens. if you seem to have more family and friends who die of say cancer then that is the illness you fear more yourself. its hard to fear something you do not even know of anyone who has actually caught the thing apart from a 13 year old lad who had it but was hardly sick by it but caused his family a load of hassle due to it.

monkey hanger 23-02-2021 10:18

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;

Now you might not agree with my attitude towards it but i can tell you if i didn't feel i was being fed nothing but a load of bull**** i might have been slightly more amenable to going along with some of Boris less balmy ideas.[/QUOTE]

think the media especially the BBC take more blame than actually boris does for the last 12 months. we have had death knocking at our doors with their tame medics and scientists regularly rolled out in their project fear. never has there been a proper debate on the virus and never has the mention of it really being that its the over 60 that were in any real danger without any other medical conditions. a 99 per cent recovery rate anyway with under 400 onder 60,s dying without any other medical conditions. all that never gets a mention but are quick to show anyone who do recover getting the clap when leaving a hospial on recovery. that gives the impression that it was a rare event by doing this.

andyd 23-02-2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1250661)
And how many of those four took their own measures to avoid catching it or did they rely on Balmy Boris and his facemasks?

I took serious independent medical advice a year ago and by hook or by crook acquired the medication I was told would vastly reduce my chances of catching it and its worked after some tests recently for another completely unrelated medical issue the consultant at the Beardwood told me my immune system was running at a vastly heightened level ready to fight any infection that might come my way.

Now ask yourself if i can protect myself in that way why didn't the government recommend or even better mandate that the whole country took those drugs?

And although i.m very sorry to hear about your friends i suggest you.ve been very unlucky as i know only 2 people who've had it, no one whos been hospitalised and certainly no one whos died and for the first three months i attended a gathering of over 30 people every week [ and not one of the people attending caught anything to the best of my knowledge ]Ive never worn a mask and taken no notice of what Boris says of what i can and i can't do in the privacy of my own home.

Now you might not agree with my attitude towards it but i can tell you if i didn't feel i was being fed nothing but a load of bull**** i might have been slightly more amenable to going along with some of Boris less balmy ideas.

Eating citrus fruits every morning boosts your white blood count thus boosting your immune system 70 pence a tin at Tesco, hope you're medication didn't cost you a fortune as your medical advice is open to anyone with any nonce.

cashman 23-02-2021 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1250663)
but thats life cashy and covid deaths are no worse than anyother death from all other causes that still happens. if you seem to have more family and friends who die of say cancer then that is the illness you fear more yourself. its hard to fear something you do not even know of anyone who has actually caught the thing apart from a 13 year old lad who had it but was hardly sick by it but caused his family a load of hassle due to it.

my old mate had no underlying stuff at all in fact he was still doing Marathons aged 70 it got him thats the thing that made me respect it fully.

NORTHERNSOUL 23-02-2021 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1250671)
Eating citrus fruits every morning boosts your white blood count thus boosting your immune system 70 pence a tin at Tesco, hope you're medication didn't cost you a fortune as your medical advice is open to anyone with any nonce.

No, Actually it costs me very little as the stuff I pay for like the various B and D vitamin supplements are dirt cheap online.

The stuff I get on prescription I get from a private doctor who for a small consideration lets me fill it at a chemist as that way i get it for free with my exemption certificate.

DaveinGermany 26-02-2021 18:20

On a lighter note, Vegan Rovers & "Who've not got no meat pies" are taking this green revolution thing to the masses (well their fans at least). :)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...cycled-plastic