Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

MikeA 25-04-2021 19:21

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253116)
It's not his fault though, it was who was in charge before him (at least that's what he says :D)

And it's not going on his CV! :confused:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...ce=parsely-api

mab 25-04-2021 19:27

He's a complete joke!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

mab 25-04-2021 19:32

On a good note Clitheroe fc 1- 2 Accrington Stanley in todays festival game at shawbridgewhich I think means Stably are in next wks final https://www.clitheroefc.co.uk/photos...21-973143.html

StanleyJosh 26-04-2021 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1253202)
On a good note Clitheroe fc 1- 2 Accrington Stanley in todays festival game at shawbridgewhich I think means Stably are in next wks final https://www.clitheroefc.co.uk/photos...21-973143.html

been a cracking last few weekends with the Festival of Football of Clitheroe.
good performance from a young Stanley team yesterday against a physical Clitheroe side.
the young lads on pro deals all look promising, Harry Perritt, Tom Scully, Dan Martin, Luke Stowe and Kevin Spinelli. Lewis Mansell getting minutes under his belt which i'm sure are much needed for him.
Some exciting trialists on show for us as well, a couple from category 1 academies.

The future is bright!

andyd 26-04-2021 08:37

With Norwich and Watford both gaining promotion back to the Premiership parachute payments of £83 million pounds will be shared among the rest of the Premier league clubs, if they are serious about changing the landscape of football they could start by saying they don't want it all share it about fairly to the rest of the pryamid I hold my breath.

mab 26-04-2021 08:57

Up date for the festival of football at Clitheroes shawbridge ground final next Saturday ko will be at 12 o'clock.. Accrington Stanley v Fleetwood Town .you can watch a live stream priced at £5 if you follow the link on Clitheroe fc website . 🙂 Be a good warm up match for the Charlton home game at 3pm 🙂

monkey hanger 26-04-2021 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1253200)
He's a complete joke!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

and even less funny than jerry lewis.

yonmon 26-04-2021 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253226)
and even less funny than jerry lewis.

Who's Jerry Lewis then ??...;)

monkey hanger 27-04-2021 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1253253)
Who's Jerry Lewis then ??...;)

not going to bite.

AccyMad 01-05-2021 11:59

Did anyone just see our Community Trust featured on Football Focus? Only caught the last couple of minutes so gonna have a proper look on catch up

pifco 01-05-2021 12:46

Yes I did AM it was good to see that the Community Trust is getting recognized, and what a good way of showing that Accy Stanley is for all the community.

andyd 01-05-2021 19:41

2 decent results today Bolton got beat Morecambe won let's hope Morecambe get automatically promoted.

Exile on Spencer St 01-05-2021 20:15

Just in case we think we always get the crap refs, check out the decision that secured a last minute penalty, and promotion, for Peterborough.
First a Posh player forearm smashes a Lincoln player, then jumps over the ball into another Lincoln player and knocks him over, and the ref sees it as a penalty for Peterborough.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gh-3-3-lincoln

mab 01-05-2021 20:38

Both pen's questionable! Two cracking goals though imp played there part in pushing Posh all the way, Congratulations to the Posh on been promoted :)

mab 01-05-2021 20:54

:) Unfortunately Stanley's Academy youngsters where beaten by Fleetwood Town's Academy youngsters 1 - 2 in this morning/Afternoon 12 ko Festival football final at Shawbridge Clitheroe fc's home. https://www.clitheroefc.co.uk/news/f...1-2613520.html

AccyMad 01-05-2021 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1253493)
Just in case we think we always get the crap refs, check out the decision that secured a last minute penalty, and promotion, for Peterborough.
First a Posh player forearm smashes a Lincoln player, then jumps over the ball into another Lincoln player and knocks him over, and the ref sees it as a penalty for Peterborough.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gh-3-3-lincoln

Just watched this on Quest, presenters saying it wasn't a penalty but that they deserved it because of how hard it's been for them this season!! Sorry, no - it was nothing but blatant cheating by Smodics to 'win' that penalty & it's been hard for every club not just them.
Saying that, I'm happy to be rid of Peterborough as we're usually on the end of a drubbing from them so good riddance

andyd 02-05-2021 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253496)
Just watched this on Quest, presenters saying it wasn't a penalty but that they deserved it because of how hard it's been for them this season!! Sorry, no - it was nothing but blatant cheating by Smodics to 'win' that penalty & it's been hard for every club not just them.
Saying that, I'm happy to be rid of Peterborough as we're usually on the end of a drubbing from them so good riddance

And hopefully pass them when we go up and they come back down.

Crown Grounder 02-05-2021 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253496)

Just hold on. None of this is down to Peterborough. The Quest presenters don't work for Peterborough and the ref makes decisions on the field. They are promoted...so good luck to them......

cashman 02-05-2021 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1253511)
Just hold on. None of this is down to Peterborough. The Quest presenters don't work for Peterborough and the ref makes decisions on the field. They are promoted...so good luck to them......

you may wish em good luck i certainly do not i detest them and the manager.

AccyMad 02-05-2021 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1253511)

The penalty incident was very much down to Peterborough & an incompetent ref, have you seen it?
I never said the presenters on Quest worked for Peterborough but they were definitely biased for some reason, just my opinion of course

andyd 03-05-2021 07:33

Could be an interesting summer break for football will we finally see some long needed regulatory bodies brought in yesterday United,s game against Liverpool called off due to " protests " and yet again Sheffield Wednesday,s owner accused of failing to pay wages for April, so sad the game has been ruined in a lot of ways by pure greed hopefully a turning point for the better could be around the corner.

Exile on Spencer St 03-05-2021 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253548)
Could be an interesting summer break for football will we finally see some long needed regulatory bodies brought in....so sad the game has been ruined in a lot of ways by pure greed hopefully a turning point for the better could be around the corner.

Don’t hold your breath, Andyd, especially if you hope a bunch of politicians can sort it out.:rolleyes:
And one of the main drivers behind the Premier League was to make it a club of 20, not 92, and to control its regulatory bodies.

Personally, I’d dock the Greedy Six at least 24 points for the start of next season.

andyd 03-05-2021 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1253549)
Don’t hold your breath, Andyd, especially if you hope a bunch of politicians can sort it out.:rolleyes:
And one of the main drivers behind the Premier League was to make it a club of 20, not 92, and to control its regulatory bodies.

Personally, I’d dock the Greedy Six at least 24 points for the start of next season.

There lies the problem they govern themselves, they won't punish the clubs yesterday for the postponed game, independent regulation is a minimum change to the game that is needed not brought about by government alone but a collective body of everyone involved.

cashman 03-05-2021 08:51

Punish MAN UTD thats a joke:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 03-05-2021 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253548)
Could be an interesting summer break for football will we finally see some long needed regulatory bodies brought in yesterday United,s game against Liverpool called off due to " protests " and yet again Sheffield Wednesday,s owner accused of failing to pay wages for April, so sad the game has been ruined in a lot of ways by pure greed hopefully a turning point for the better could be around the corner.

doubt there will be much change really. as you have said the game is ruined by greed and with all the money that is around that will be the driving factor in the end. the only time there will be a big change is if one or more of the big six gets into real financial difficulty which is hard to imagine.

Exile on Spencer St 03-05-2021 11:51

Here’s a possible pub quiz question for the future.
Which football team won/lost a Wembley Cup Final in a competition for which they were no longer eligible?

monkey hanger 04-05-2021 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1253577)
Here’s a possible pub quiz question for the future.
Which football team won/lost a Wembley Cup Final in a competition for which they were no longer eligible?

could that be harrogate.

Exile on Spencer St 04-05-2021 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253600)
could that be harrogate.

Move to the front of the class, MH.

andyd 04-05-2021 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253556)
doubt there will be much change really. as you have said the game is ruined by greed and with all the money that is around that will be the driving factor in the end. the only time there will be a big change is if one or more of the big six gets into real financial difficulty which is hard to imagine.

Hurt them the only way they know in the pocket, cancel sky subscription,s, watch a lower league club local to the " big " six, F A and Premier league stand up to them and stop any notion of breaking up the pryamid there will be change if you stand up to bully tactics.

monkey hanger 05-05-2021 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253626)
Hurt them the only way they know in the pocket, cancel sky subscription,s, watch a lower league club local to the " big " six, F A and Premier league stand up to them and stop any notion of breaking up the pryamid there will be change if you stand up to bully tactics.

how many but a few will do that. how many of those man.u fans who protested, if they go anyway, will not be back next august to see their new multi million pound signings. they say a week is a long time in politics. 3 months is a lifetime of old testiment years in football.

andyd 07-05-2021 07:34

How have Oxford United managed to sign a player for an undisclosed fee on a three year contract yesterday was him being there on loan anything to do with it because pretty sure transfer window isn't open yet?

monkey hanger 07-05-2021 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253664)
How have Oxford United managed to sign a player for an undisclosed fee on a three year contract yesterday was him being there on loan anything to do with it because pretty sure transfer window isn't open yet?

need help here. when a player is on loan at a club are they officially your player whilst at the club and not the parent clubs one.

andyd 07-05-2021 08:28

The player in question is one Marcus Maguane on loan to Oxford from Nottingham Forest where upto yesterday was contracted until August 2022.

andyd 07-05-2021 08:38

Been reading the rules not easy but I think you can sign a loan player at anytime Mr. T might throw some light on this.

Lost in Cornwall 07-05-2021 10:10

I noticed Norwich announced they were signing a couple of loanees on permanent contracts. Said it was part of the loan deal if they got promoted.

andyd 07-05-2021 10:25

Some clubs already announcing realeased players interesting one from MK Dons realeased keeper Lee Nichols decent lad from up north.

AccyMad 07-05-2021 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253674)
Some clubs already announcing realeased players interesting one from MK Dons realeased keeper Lee Nichols decent lad from up north.

He's been here before, was on loan to us roughly 10 years ago?? He wasn't here very long if I remember rightly

andyd 07-05-2021 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253682)
He's been here before, was on loan to us roughly 10 years ago?? He wasn't here very long if I remember rightly

That's correct came on a one month loan from Wigan ended up playing about nine games decent keeper.

andyd 07-05-2021 18:13

Premiership clubs allowed limited number of fans back for last games of season Spurs 10000 £60 a ticket Burnley 3500 free different values tell which club you prefer?

Chimer 07-05-2021 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1253673)
I noticed Norwich announced they were signing a couple of loanees on permanent contracts. Said it was part of the loan deal if they got promoted.

That really makes sense. As opposed to getting promoted thanks to loanees who you don’t hang on to for the following season at the higher level.

Exile on Spencer St 07-05-2021 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253687)
Premiership clubs allowed limited number of fans back for last games of season Spurs 10000 £60 a ticket Burnley 3500 free different values tell which club you prefer?

It’s still Stanley! :)

monkey hanger 08-05-2021 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1253693)
It’s still Stanley! :)

yes, but if i had to support a premier league club it would be burnley above the rest and those who will be promoted back up for next season.

AccyMad 08-05-2021 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253686)
That's correct came on a one month loan from Wigan ended up playing about nine games decent keeper.

He wasn't back then but he was only a young lad, seems to have improved a lot since

cashman 08-05-2021 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253701)
yes, but if i had to support a premier league club it would be burnley above the rest and those who will be promoted back up for next season.

thats cos you aint a Lancastrian mate, Bob Lord virtually single handed put stanley out of league in 62.

Exile on Spencer St 08-05-2021 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1253706)
thats cos you aint a Lancastrian mate, Bob Lord virtually single handed put stanley out of league in 62.

“Exackerly”, Cashy.

And if that wasn’t bad enough, he supplied the gristle pies we had to eat at Benjies.

MikeA 09-05-2021 15:42

It's good to hear some better news about Steve Cotterill, Shrewsbury's manager:
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40403352.html

I wasn't aware that he was Sligo's manager back in the 90s. Some things are more important than football and, in this case, it looks like there's a happy ending.

mab 09-05-2021 18:24

Good by 2020/21 season and hello to 2021/22 season !! Gona be some league next season with who's come up and who's dropping in 🙂Big Boys Sheffield Wednesday for starters no so big Bolton Wanderers and hopefully our old friends Morecambe vire the play -offs. Gona be good 🙂🙂

cashman 10-05-2021 10:08

i am not looking forward to the scum that come with bolton at all.

andyd 10-05-2021 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1253799)

Said it before give em 500 seats in stand shut the coppice keep the scum in Bolton.

MikeA 10-05-2021 20:02

Team of the Season!
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...season-2020-21

Congratulations, Cameron.

Exile on Spencer St 10-05-2021 20:23

Well deserved, he’s had a great season.

Lost in Cornwall 11-05-2021 08:13

Could be going to Derby next season rather than Wycombe. The EFL has won its appeal against the points deduction for breaching Financial Fair Play rules being overturned. Looks like a question of whether the points deduction is applied this season or next.

cashman 11-05-2021 08:55

think we should have had 2 or 3 in that to be honest.

monkey hanger 11-05-2021 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1253799)

wait till we beat sheffield wednesday at the wham. they,ll make bolton look like sissy choir boys.

AccyMad 11-05-2021 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1253805)
Team of the Season!
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...season-2020-21

Congratulations, Cameron.

Well done Cameron - well deserved too, think a couple more of our lads should've been in with a shout as well

AccyMad 11-05-2021 09:30

Tranmere have sacked Kieth Hill this morning, despite reaching the play offs - makes you wonder what they want

andyd 11-05-2021 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253824)
Tranmere have sacked Kieth Hill this morning, despite reaching the play offs - makes you wonder what they want

Not surprised by anything regarding managers nowadays if they win the playoffs it will be regarded as sacked for success laughable.

monkey hanger 11-05-2021 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253824)

instant overnight success from day 1. with some clubs a manager needs to go through a full season with 46 wins. losing a game of football is not allowed anymore.

MikeA 11-05-2021 11:15

Can anyone guess who the goalie is in the Sky Bet Team of the Week?
https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueOne/...874881/photo/1

And in the EFL version!
https://twitter.com/EFL/status/13917...195905/photo/1

MikeA 11-05-2021 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1253809)
Could be going to Derby next season rather than Wycombe. The EFL has won its appeal against the points deduction for breaching Financial Fair Play rules being overturned. Looks like a question of whether the points deduction is applied this season or next.

I found this on the Yorkshire Post's site: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...d-town-3231520

But there are a few more links on Wycombe's NewsNow page:
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...ombe+Wanderers

Twenty Eight 11-05-2021 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1253809)

They've only won PART of the appeal mate.
The part about player valuations and depreciations (called amortisation in accountancy language).

Hefty fine I reckon.

choirboy 11-05-2021 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253822)
wait till we beat sheffield wednesday at the wham. they,ll make bolton look like sissy choir boys.

Oy!
Choirboys aren’t sissies Monkey hanger!
:eek:
I’ll see you behind the Clayton End at half time first match at home if you want to check!:oke2:
Heh heh!;)

MikeA 12-05-2021 08:29

Gigg Lane is up for sale in an attempt to "secure the future of football":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57069057

and

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-lane-20574317

monkey hanger 12-05-2021 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1253843)
They've only won PART of the appeal mate.
The part about player valuations and depreciations (called amortisation in accountancy language).

Hefty fine I reckon.

hope you are right. keep saying it but it is not their fans fault that **** happened at their club. wish another way could be used to punish clubs without points deductions which are either pointless or condem clubs to relegation before a ball is kicked. remember luton a few years back when they were forced into non league. just because some do not like luton their fans love em like fans at all clubs do.

andyd 12-05-2021 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253859)
hope you are right. keep saying it but it is not their fans fault that **** happened at their club. wish another way could be used to punish clubs without points deductions which are either pointless or condem clubs to relegation before a ball is kicked. remember luton a few years back when they were forced into non league. just because some do not like luton their fans love em like fans at all clubs do.

Isn't fans fault at any club unless they have some involvement another reason after the ESL debacle there needs to be change Spurs now inviting fans to join the board, coming back to punishment there has to be some in all walks of life for rule breaking just that in football it doesn't seem consistent ask fans of Bury and Macclesfield.

AccyMad 12-05-2021 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1253857)
Gigg Lane is up for sale in an attempt to "secure the future of football":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57069057

and

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-lane-20574317

Does Bury need a new Tesco or Sainsburys??

monkey hanger 12-05-2021 09:55

more likely you,ll be able to pick your new house plot and call it the corner flag if you get in early enough.

Mr T 12-05-2021 10:01

Bury has a big Tesco's but no Sainsbury's!!

Very sure there's some legal hold on Gigg Lane which says it must be kept as a sporting venue; other wise it would have been sold years ago.

andyd 12-05-2021 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1253869)
Bury has a big Tesco's but no Sainsbury's!!

Very sure there's some legal hold on Gigg Lane which says it must be kept as a sporting venue; other wise it would have been sold years ago.

Problem with Gigg Lane is it hasn't been used for over 2 years now they changed the locks keeping the lad who was cutting the grass out apparently falling into disrepair constant break ins people vandalizing and starting fires, unless it's bought to play football on it will unfortunately just be an eyesore and apart from Bury fans can't see many shedding a tear if it's sold and pulled down shame.

andyd 12-05-2021 10:37

It was always one of my favourite away days Bury sad but football doesn't always look after its own.

monkey hanger 12-05-2021 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253871)
Problem with Gigg Lane is it hasn't been used for over 2 years now they changed the locks keeping the lad who was cutting the grass out apparently falling into disrepair constant break ins people vandalizing and starting fires, unless it's bought to play football on it will unfortunately just be an eyesore and apart from Bury fans can't see many shedding a tear if it's sold and pulled down shame.

another peel park i wonder.

Twenty Eight 12-05-2021 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1253859)

Even though I grew up a SWFC fan I hope so as well mate.
The problem is consistency.
There are so many identical errors made to those by SWFC and they got clouted 12 points down to 6 on appeal.
So if they don't apply the punishment consistently ........
Still reckon a hefty fine ...... then stand by for the litigation threats by Wycombe to escalate.

monkey hanger 13-05-2021 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1253875)
Even though I grew up a SWFC fan I hope so as well mate.
The problem is consistency.
There are so many identical errors made to those by SWFC and they got clouted 12 points down to 6 on appeal.
So if they don't apply the punishment consistently ........
Still reckon a hefty fine ...... then stand by for the litigation threats by Wycombe to escalate.

a fine or even a transfer embargo where they can only sign free agents always seem fairer options for a supporter of that club than starting a season on a minus points making the season either a dead one or a relagation fight.

andyd 13-05-2021 09:38

Is it true that reports are saying Tony Warner has left Stanley and will be joining Bristol Rovers as goalkeeper coach?

AccyMad 13-05-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253908)
Is it true that reports are saying Tony Warner has left Stanley and will be joining Bristol Rovers as goalkeeper coach?

Hope not - can't think why he'd want to work under Joey

StanleyJosh 13-05-2021 10:14

I'm sure he'll be popular there....

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15019/tony-warner

MikeA 13-05-2021 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1253908)

There are quite a few links to this on Rovers' NewsNow page:
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Fo...Bristol+Rovers

One or two of them say that Tony left us after the Portsmouth game.

LongLostSon 15-05-2021 21:15

Don't know if missed this info elsewhere but just seen new season fixtures release date is thursday 24th June

choirboy 16-05-2021 08:10

I think that Joey Barton’s assault charge comes up in court in the next week or two. Barnsley manager suffered facial damage over a year ago. I read somewhere that Barton .........‘allegedly pushed him’!!!!!:eek: :oke2:

mab 16-05-2021 20:58

😳 https://the72.co.uk/235713/league-on...with-star-man/ 😊 could be a battle on to keep Dion as t the club! But it'll depend on the price tag I guess 🤔

choirboy 17-05-2021 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1254000)
I think that Joey Barton’s assault charge comes up in court in the next week or two. Barnsley manager suffered facial damage over a year ago. I read somewhere that Barton .........‘allegedly pushed him’!!!!!:eek: :oke2:

In June 2020 the case was adjourned and a provisional date given then of 7th June 2021.:egged:

AccyMad 17-05-2021 09:38

Another key signing today - Clayton Park Bakery have agreed a deal to keep supplying Stanley with their awesome pies until 2024!! :)

Exile on Spencer St 17-05-2021 13:44

Bet this petition is nearly 100,000 signatures by the time you read this...
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/584632

Exile on Spencer St 17-05-2021 13:45

It’s currently at 70k.

MikeA 17-05-2021 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1254020)
It’s currently at 70k.

Now 74,533...

cashman 17-05-2021 15:06

over 78 now.

mab 17-05-2021 17:22

Over 95k now and climbing 🙂

Outback Ozzy 17-05-2021 18:29

over 103k now

choirboy 18-05-2021 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254022)
over 78 now.

I don’t believe you Cashy.........:s_whistl:
You’re never that age yet!
:signntme:

mab 18-05-2021 09:13

Over 132 k now

monkey hanger 18-05-2021 09:50

doing nothing is never the answer but having a petition of any number of people will not guarentee it ever being successful and people get what they want. signed too many in the past with very little positive outcome in the end.

cashman 18-05-2021 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1254042)
doing nothing is never the answer but having a petition of any number of people will not guarentee it ever being successful and people get what they want. signed too many in the past with very little positive outcome in the end.

perfectly true but at least theres a chance is the way i look at it.

mab 18-05-2021 17:55

:) I think with the outcry which followed the super league and the super 6 involved having no consideration of what the fans wanted or thought may just help this in the long run :)

monkey hanger 19-05-2021 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1254048)
:) I think with the outcry which followed the super league and the super 6 involved having no consideration of what the fans wanted or thought may just help this in the long run :)

that put football in the national news instead of rumblings of discontent among fans. the only problem is how independant the regulator will end up being and who will get the job anyway. its either going to be someone already in the game or someone with no clue what the average fan is like. even someone with the best intentions can have their heads turned with the constant meetings with those at the top of the game. hope i,m wrong but things have gone too far now for any real changes in the game where the majority of fans will be happy.

Exile on Spencer St 19-05-2021 09:40

Suspect you’re right, MH.
So many ‘czars’, ‘commissioners’, ‘watchdogs’, ‘regulators’, ‘ombudsmen’, etc, etc seem to end up pretty ineffective, but keep at it for the allowances.

cashman 20-05-2021 13:34

Another new sponser Ronnan Corperation signed on with stanley, welcome aboard. seems to me since our new owner came aboard things are only going one way IMPROVING IMHO.

andyd 20-05-2021 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254058)
Another new sponser Ronnan Corperation signed on with stanley, welcome aboard. seems to me since our new owner came aboard things are only going one way IMPROVING IMHO.

Exactly Cashy improvement,s all round for fans, for sponsors and crucially with big strides on training ground and new dressing rooms ability to attract ever better quality players.

anmc 20-05-2021 18:56

According to the Telegraph, residents are "up in arms" about our plans for the training ground.

cashman 20-05-2021 18:58

no comment at the word residents.

monkey hanger 21-05-2021 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254072)
no comment at the word residents.

more likely a couple of em doing the stirring up the rest as they go around in their blackburn tops.