Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2021, 09:17   #1801
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
However, I have never sat quietly in corners, and, as you have probably gathered, I have always liked to be heard.
was quiet at home but made up for it at school just to break the monotony of it all. due to my persistant chat i got the nickname of grandmother IG{due to my initials** from a teacher which spawned lots of additions that even last to the present day. better than my best mate who for some reason was called Sire. his wife goes into hysterics about that saying it must be the most far off nickname anyone could ever have.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2021, 15:52   #1802
God Member

According to the BBC, and all the other ‘bought’ media, this didn’t happen last Saturday in London...

nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 18:24   #1803
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

all thick scumbags
Old 30-04-2021, 18:37   #1804
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
According to the BBC, and all the other ‘bought’ media, this didn’t happen last Saturday in London...

Quite, must admit I don't recall any mention of it in the articles I watched & read last Sunday. It was all eu vacinne shambles, big bad BoJo cock ups & crises & would you believe, the Ginge & Meme Agains royal feud, other than that nothing else happening in the world it appears.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:04   #1805
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
all thick scumbags
C’mon, not even I think all at the BBC are that!
Old 01-05-2021, 08:33   #1806
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1253422]According to the BBC, and all the other ‘bought’ media, this didn’t happen last Saturday in London...

you need to get things into true perspective exile. whats more important that march or boris,s choice of wallpaper. watching the BBC news can really affect your sanity and blood pressure.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:30   #1807
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

news in general is crap these days, used to never miss it, now rarely watch it.seems to have been taken oer by CRETINS to me.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:38   #1808
Beacon of light

Except these ‘cretins’ are controlling what you get to see and hear.

That makes it less news and more of the stuff that begins with a ‘P’.....and I do not mean urine.
nicola68 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:06   #1809
God Member

its gone from just reporting news to people in the media having to comment on it. just lets have factual news where viewers can make their own minds up about it. might be duller but you watch news for facts not entertainment.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:52   #1810
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Except these ‘cretins’ are controlling what you get to see and hear.

That makes it less news and more of the stuff that begins with a ‘P’.....and I do not mean urine.
they aint if i dont watch it
Old 04-05-2021, 09:53   #1811
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its gone from just reporting news to people in the media having to comment on it. just lets have factual news where viewers can make their own minds up about it. might be duller but you watch news for facts not entertainment.
if news is duller it just proves what i say those that produce it are CRETINS.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:13   #1812
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if news is duller it just proves what i say those that produce it are CRETINS.
as are the ones that watch it and believe everything they see and hear. the words it must be right because its on the BBC makes me wonder where we are going in the future.
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:08   #1813
God Member

If you believe everything will be back to your normal in June, why was furlough extended to September, and why are Councils hiring Covid Stasi on contracts that run into 2022?
Still not convinced, then go figure why the Govt is spending three times more on Covid adverts in the ‘bought’ media for the period to March 2022 than over the past year.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 52231754-6C79-4A3E-9FB3-90D167801499.jpeg (293.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-05-2021, 09:29   #1814
God Member

still waiting for the excuse in june to back track on a few things. however there are plenty around that will sacrifice their rights just to get on a plane for a couple of weeks of frying in the sun. distancing and muzzles to continue but relaxation in foreign travel. you heard it here first.
Old 08-05-2021, 23:20   #1815

Backtrack ? We're only "allowed" to go to 12 countries.. and three of 'em don't want us to go there and of the other 9 - going to tiny Gibraltar would be like being cooped up in Patrick McGoohan's village.. don't think many would fancy an 18 hour flight to sit on a dreary cold beach with penguins in the Falklands.. or to the other tiny dependencies. Which leaves Iceland, Israel or Portugal. Iceland is about a tenner a pint, Israel is kicking off with unrest and the flights to Portugal have increased tenfold since the announcements - 'ow can thy backtrack on that?
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..