Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2008, 19:56   #151
God Member

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Yes, any chance of giving it a rest now, it's this season's roof.
Well there's definately no "F" in Coleman

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2008, 21:32   #152
Senior Member+

See amended signature
Old 22-01-2008, 17:43   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Nobody is doubting Coley's passion for the club but most people on here are are just as passionate about the club. Most people on here can tell the story of the Farsley victory. Maybe Coley is just as frustrated as us when things aren't going well, but it's mostly his fault when things aren't going well. Being passionate about the club and telling the tale of the Farsley match doesn't make a good manager or else we all would be good managers.
Please tell us the tale of the Farsley match, or point us to the relevant website
Many of us on here have, like myself, only been here since Unibond Championship season.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 17:48   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Yep. Lets sack a manger whos improved our league position every year for 8 years and will do again. Sometimes I wonder what goes through peoples minds on here.
Apart from 10 & 10 in Conference, how many other managers have claimed to have improved their position, year after year?
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 18:08   #155
God Member

153 pages of this ****e.. if it wer'nt for Benny Coleman you would still be in the Hollands steak pudding (n't gravy)league!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 18:32   #156
Senior Member+

Its-funny-and-ironic-that-many-of-the-moaners-would-never-have-"discovered"-Stanley-had-Coley-not-got-us-out-of-the-Unibond-1.Please-have-some-respect

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 18:46   #157
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Its-funny-and-ironic-that-many-of-the-moaners-would-never-have-"discovered"-Stanley-had-Coley-not-got-us-out-of-the-Unibond-1.Please-have-some-respect
Old 22-01-2008, 21:46   #158
God Member

2.we will survive this season
Old 23-01-2008, 13:47   #159
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Fair point Mr Miller I will see how the season goes and hopefully we will improve yet again. I'm still going Friday but have decided it's not the right time to be too vocal unless Coley decides otherwise but you can't stop the growing numbers who no longer believe Coley is not the football genius he was.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 14:59   #160
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Please tell us the tale of the Farsley match, or point us to the relevant website
Many of us on here have, like myself, only been here since Unibond Championship season.
It was the last match of the season in the Unibond First Division (John Coleman's first season as manager), Stanley had to win to top the league for the first time all season and become Champions. A record crowd of 2468 turned up and Stanley won. Stanley had to win their last six matches that season to be Champions and did, even coming back from 2-0 down at Radcliffe Borough to win 3-2 (Paul Mullin scored one for Radcliffe, and Simon Carden was playing for them)
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 22:16   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
It was the last match of the season in the Unibond First Division (John Coleman's first season as manager), Stanley had to win to top the league for the first time all season and become Champions. A record crowd of 2468 turned up and Stanley won. Stanley had to win their last six matches that season to be Champions and did, even coming back from 2-0 down at Radcliffe Borough to win 3-2 (Paul Mullin scored one for Radcliffe, and Simon Carden was playing for them)
don't forget coley played too!! He made sure I knew that

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 22:49   #162
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
don't forget coley played too!! He made sure I knew that
well he would, hes an old mate from the 60s, been round the block a bit,but knows the score.
Old 02-02-2008, 16:18   #163

time to go, time to go
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 16:43   #164

The worst game I've watched in some time. I don't think Coley has the first idea tactically, he is absolutely INEPT. The gate will go down and down, it was pathetic today. New idea's thoughts tactics urgently required, before we get dragged into the relegation fight. Or the attendances get so low we have to drop out of the League. I know Coley has done well in the past but surely he must know he is out of his depth. We cannot survive on past glory, however good they were, we have supposedly moved on to a better place, but still live in the past. Please please Accy do something NOW>
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 17:52   #165
Senior Member+

as bad as it was today, im sure coleman is aware as anyone and would love to bring in some genuine quality wingers and a partner for mullin.

the one thing which annoys me about coley is the inability to drop craney - the team carried him AGAIN today, and our shape was affected trying to accomodate him.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..