Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2008, 10:09   #61
God Member

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Coleman To Come Out Fighting (from Lancashire Telegraph)

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2008, 10:53   #62

As a tiny glimmer of hope, 2BR did say that Gary Roberts was sat next to Eric
Old 16-01-2008, 10:55   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Yea but not sure we can read anything into that except that Peterborough isn't that far from Ipswich & Gary probably just wanted to catch up with old mates (but we can hope there was more to it )
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 11:49   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
We have enough midfielders playing out of position

It's an experienced central defender we are crying out for, somebody who will marshal the back four, bark orders out, take responsibility on the pitch, steady the ship and hopefully instill some much needed confidence into them

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 16-01-2008 at 11:52.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 12:03   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
We have enough midfielders playing out of position

It's an experienced central defender we are crying out for, somebody who will marshal the back four, bark orders out, take responsibility on the pitch, steady the ship and hopefully instill some much needed confidence into them
Just like Mike Flynn did for us, but was he too strong a character for Coley's liking? That's the dilemma.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 12:08   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Just like Mike Flynn did for us, but was he too strong a character for Coley's liking? That's the dilemma.
It shouldnt be about coleys liking it should be 'whats the best for Accrington Stanley'

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 12:14   #67

coley has to go or it'll beeeeee another humiliation,i'd like to predict 2-0 accy but home form ?where has the passion gone,coley's done ok but it's time to go,new blood is needed,(i see paul simpson is looking for a new challenge)we could a lot worse.come on mr wally (sorry)whalley,hang on maybe i was right the first time.it's time to act before the gates drop below 1000.accy till i die,but the way they are playing it might come sooner than i think,come on team where's the spirit and fight.red through and through
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 12:41   #68
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyfan View Post
none of you were saying get rid of coleman when we won 2 tough away games on the bounce, i think some of you need to look at how much Accrington Stanley have come in the space of only a few years!!!!!!! We arent even doing that badly (i know we have lost 7-2) in the big scheme of things. We are 15th in the league and there are loads more 'bigger' clubs below us.
I think you will find that there have been quite a few people saying get rid of Coleman for a while now. As for winning two tough away games on the bounce, we were only playing Grimsby and Mansfield - two teams that we would expect to beat. Accrington Stanley have come a long way in the space of a few years, yes, but that is history, it is the present and the future that is important now. Coleman and Bell have done a good job, but at the moment they are not. The way things are going we are going to be back where we came from. We ARE 15th in the league and I hope we finish there, or above, but we are falling down the league table. It only takes a couple of good results from other teams and we are in trouble. It's not just a case of getting beat it is the manner in which we are getting beat. The same players make the same mistakes week in week out, the manager either blames the officials or says that the players are not good enough. Do something about it Coley. Get the defence sorted out or do you not know how to, if not then leave before we get into a bigger mess than we are in now. Losing 8-2 is an embarrassment, playing without sponsor's names on the players shirts is an embarrassment. Coleman and Bell you are an embarrassment.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 12:44   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
It shouldnt be about coleys liking it should be 'whats the best for Accrington Stanley'
Agree thats how it should be - but as we all know it's not always how it is. Mike Flynn is a prime example - he was forced out because he dared to disagree with Coley
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 12:48   #70
God Member

Wow Jeff, things are looking grim indeed, no proper shirts ??? Blimey theres loads in the club shop & would take 2 ticks to get sponsors put on, gee spells tinpot badly that players haven't got decent spare shirts!!

Looking & playing the part of a league 2 team we do not & the maddening thing is we do have the ability within our players on a good day - but as its been said the management team haven't thought through & brought it out of them this season at all, i thought last year was bad but this is worse IMHO.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 16-01-2008, 12:53   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Agree thats how it should be - but as we all know it's not always how it is. Mike Flynn is a prime example - he was forced out because he dared to disagree with Coley
Now i know why i Bobby Charltons book ........... one quote from the successful north west team in the prem is, 'nobody should be bigger than the club itself'! Quite apparent why that is the case for them being successful & not for our lot cept the stanley fans!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 16-01-2008, 13:11   #72
God Member

Falling out with the manager is common place. It's a place of work, bosses and their staff fall out. Seniority says it's not the boss who leaves usually.
Old 16-01-2008, 13:28   #73
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Wow Jeff, things are looking grim indeed, no proper shirts ??? Blimey theres loads in the club shop & would take 2 ticks to get sponsors put on, gee spells tinpot badly that players haven't got decent spare shirts!!

Looking & playing the part of a league 2 team we do not & the maddening thing is we do have the ability within our players on a good day - but as its been said the management team haven't thought through & brought it out of them this season at all, i thought last year was bad but this is worse IMHO.
The sponsors names are already on the shirts in the Club shop but not on most of the players shirts. Most of the country knows that the players shirts were washed wrong and the Fraser Eagle logo washed off. This happened before Christmas and the players are still wearing ruined shirts. This has been reported in the national press and on national radio, once again making Accrington Stanley an embarrassment and a laughing stock.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 13:34   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Coleman and Bell you are an embarrassment.
He said before planning a route to Bishop Auckland a few years later.
Old 16-01-2008, 13:40   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
This has been reported in the national press and on national radio, once again making Accrington Stanley an embarrassment and a laughing stock.
Where was it reported ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..