Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2008, 09:03   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
Well said Carpon, I totally agree. Let's stop moaning and get behind Coley and the lads instead of calling for his head at the first real sign of adversity.
But sadly, it's not "the first real sign of adversity". This is what Carpon wrote after the Notts County game:

What makes me worry- an ordinary team took another 3 points.We were 2-0 up against another ordinary team,let it slip, went back in front and hung on to win the game (bottom of league hammered them 5-0 today). I like many others,was at Gigg Lane. 1-0 up,should have been 3, end up losing a game we should have won comfortably.

Wrexham...... Total lack of effort.

We may have the cushion now. How long can this side carry passengers???

Forget the non-sensical talk of Play offs !!! REALITY BITES. !!

For my mind, success is avoiding relegation back to the Conference.

I, like many others am P****d off with what transpired against Notts County, but what worries me more is the lack of switches,change of tactics,change of personell.

We must not forget the dismal games seen earlier in the season. Let's remember that Steve McLaren was not sacked because of one bad result. As far as Stanley is concerened, we are still seeing the same ineffective (non-existent!) tactics. I was at Stockport last Saturday and our performance was inept - and Stockport are a very ordinary team.

Another factor to remember is that those of us who post on here are the truly committed Stanley fans, irrespective of our thoughts about the management/chairman etc. The club NEEDS "Joe Public" to be turning up at the FES in greater numbers than is presently happening. Is the team playing a style of football that will attract the non-committed? In that context, the performance against Posh is largely irrelevant - it is the performance against the likes of Stockport and Notts County that is more relevant.

Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2008, 10:19   #122
God Member

[quote=Pendle Red
What I would like to see happen is maybe the Question & Answer session that was going to take place with Coley earlier in the Season perhaps take place in the not too distant future, just to get a better understanding of the constraints perhaps they have to work under and see what the long term plan of of how the Club can be taken forward.

It's happening on Friday 25th January see Fishy site

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 10:24   #123

This just shows JC and JB's chracters. What other manager would openly face the fans after the kind of stick people have labelled at him on here?
Old 18-01-2008, 11:28   #124
God Member

Great post Carpon...karma on it's way

Come on let's support OUR team tomorrow

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 11:49   #125
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

After every defeat we get Coley making statements about how he's going to do this and that well for me I'm sick of hearing the same old stuff I just want him to sort it out before it's too late. What he says next Friday he has to mean it but I doubt it will have much effect if the next game he doesn't turn his words into action.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 20:26   #126
Senior Member+

Bet-there-is-no-one-brave-enough-to-repeat-what-they've-said-on-here-to-his-face!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 12:44   #127
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Bet-there-is-no-one-brave-enough-to-repeat-what-they've-said-on-here-to-his-face!
And why not, that's what a forum is for questions and answers, have you got anything in mind that you have seen on here?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 20-01-2008, 13:16   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Bet-there-is-no-one-brave-enough-to-repeat-what-they've-said
-on-here-to-his-face!
I for one will be at the meeting and will tell him straight that we are in the position we are in due to him and no one else,he buys the cr*p he selects his mates to play no matter how pathetic they are. It's about time some of the fans really told the tactically bereft twosome just what they think of them because you can't live on past glories for ever!! Should be a heated debate?

Last edited by Darwenred1968; 20-01-2008 at 13:22.
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 14:32   #129
God Member

when is it again ?
Old 20-01-2008, 15:55   #130
God Member

This Friday at 8pm in the crown after the benin match which ko 5pm

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 16:02   #131
God Member

cheers for that
Old 20-01-2008, 17:05   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
This Friday at 8pm in the crown after the benin match which ko 5pm
Sounds like an interesting evening, especially if we're supporting Benin from 5 o'clock.

John and Jimmy deserve a lot of credit for doing this, no other management team would put themselves in this position.

Anyway, there's a couple of pints for the poser of the best question.
My tactic will be to write it down beforehand, whether I can read it by 8 o'clock is anybody's guess.

It's been a miserable wet winter, let's clear the air and get on with supporting Stanley.

C'mon Benin, c'mon Coley, c'mon Stanley.

(Sorry, must have caught something)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 18:43   #133

This thread is a sea of lunacy, Coleman has done a great job. The critics on here have over looked just how good Posh are they would beat the vast majority of Championship sides, forget Tuesday, support the club (loudly ) LOUDLY and Coleman will turn it around.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 18:51   #134
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by slerpy View Post
This thread is a sea of lunacy, Coleman has done a great job. The critics on here have over looked just how good Posh are they would beat the vast majority of Championship sides, forget Tuesday, support the club (loudly ) LOUDLY and Coleman will turn it around.
Here we go are you saying we get on our knees and repent for even questioning the football genius and if anyone was thinking of going next friday we should not dare to ask anything that may upset?

Old 20-01-2008, 19:39   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by slerpy View Post
I dont recall anyone saying he hasn`t done a good job, i think whats upsetting people is not the Posh result in itself but the continued lack of tactics, effort and how certain players continually get in the team when they clearly shouldn`t, where some should be in but aren`t given the chance.
I think the problem is we all love the club and sometimes the passion of the fans is somewhat more than those serving the club.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..