Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2008, 19:49   #136
God Member

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Having talked to Coley before Eric politely interrupted our conversation to say "John you have to come out to the pitch it looks like the ref is going to call it off", his passion for the club is unquestionable and his story of the farsley victory in unibond 1st div to be promoted was great... sometimes I think we need to take a step back and realise that coley is probably just as frustrated as us when things aren't going well..

I know many will come back and say why does he pick ... him and him over and over again but I still will maintain that coley's passion for stanley is still 100% and some more!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2008, 20:49   #137
Senior Member+

exactly.

talk of 'turn it around' - there is nothing to turn around.
We are in a better position than last year, have better players and with a strong run can make the play offs.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 21:06   #138
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Having talked to Coley
Yes we can see that.
IMG_0874.jpg

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 22:11   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
exactly.

talk of 'turn it around' - there is nothing to turn around.
We are in a better position than last year, have better players and with a strong run can make the play offs.
Better Players I don't think so!Why are so many to leave? Tuesday 8-2!! Can we win at home?
You are in cloud cuckoo land like the once football genius who as lost is way, Come the end of the season and God forbid we are fighting to stay up what will you coleman arsel*ckers be doing then still saying "well if we go down He's the best guy to get us back up", Dream on the sooner you lot wake up the better, He plays his mates, he buys the sh*te, he falls out with anyone who dares to criticise and spouts the same old crap everytime we get beat!
Change the record Coleman you are a Joke!!!!

Last edited by Darwenred1968; 20-01-2008 at 22:15.
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 07:25   #140
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Yes we can see that.
IMG_0874.jpg
Hope you were asking him why we don't put someone on that back post when defending a corner
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 08:01   #141
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Hope you were asking him why we don't put someone on that back post when defending a corner
No I think it was "If you don't put someone on the back post for corners, I'm gonna slap ya!!"

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 12:58   #142
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Having talked to Coley before Eric politely interrupted our conversation to say "John you have to come out to the pitch it looks like the ref is going to call it off", his passion for the club is unquestionable and his story of the farsley victory in unibond 1st div to be promoted was great... sometimes I think we need to take a step back and realise that coley is probably just as frustrated as us when things aren't going well..

I know many will come back and say why does he pick ... him and him over and over again but I still will maintain that coley's passion for stanley is still 100% and some more!!
Nobody is doubting Coley's passion for the club but most people on here are are just as passionate about the club. Most people on here can tell the story of the Farsley victory. Maybe Coley is just as frustrated as us when things aren't going well, but it's mostly his fault when things aren't going well. Being passionate about the club and telling the tale of the Farsley match doesn't make a good manager or else we all would be good managers.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 14:17   #143

Yep. Lets sack a manger whos improved our league position every year for 8 years and will do again. Sometimes I wonder what goes through peoples minds on here.
Old 21-01-2008, 15:53   #144
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Yep. Lets sack a manger whos improved our league position every year for 8 years and will do again. Sometimes I wonder what goes through peoples minds on here.
Let's hope he improves our league position again. Time will tell.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 17:37   #145
God Member

remember what happened to man city they sacked peter reid because they got carried away thinking they could be title challengers about 5 managers later they had been relegated 3 times .lets not get too big for our boots.well not yeti do agree our home form needs to improve but so does coley...and hopefully it will
cmon you reds:xena_ bana
Old 21-01-2008, 17:59   #146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Nobody is doubting Coley's passion for the club but most people on here are are just as passionate about the club. Most people on here can tell the story of the Farsley victory. Maybe Coley is just as frustrated as us when things aren't going well, but it's mostly his fault when things aren't going well. Being passionate about the club and telling the tale of the Farsley match doesn't make a good manager or else we all would be good managers.
We would all be good managers if we had the coaching badges that Coleys got, or if we worked with all the player every day, got to know them all and their personalities, thier good and bad points.
Why is it that non of the pundits on Sky or match of the day are managing clubs, small or large? they seem to know how to run a club, they seem to know where Benitez, Wegner or Ferguson are going wrong. The reason they are like every fan they all know better. I would bet that 99% of the people on here would not be able to do what Coleys done for Stanley or take them to the next level, yet they are shouting for him to lose his job. The energy needs to be put into getting the rest of Accy to the ground and supporting a league status club before we go back to "whoarethey"

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 18:15   #147
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
The reason they are like every fan they all know better.

Fans are only expert managers on non-match days. On match days they are all expert referees
Old 21-01-2008, 18:35   #148
God Member

I've been back and forth with this.

After several games with ineffective players selected week in/week out and equally ineffective tactics bolted in position, doubts arose and I joined the Coley out brigade.
However I think Coleman at least deserves to stay in his role until the end of the season. Should he be sacked; there would be no replacement with the ability to keep us in league football. What we essentially need is a Sammy McIlroy and that ain't going to happen. The available league managers out there have less than desirable records and any big name (Shearer has been speculated) starting out would induce an insufferable amount of instability for the club. As Eric said - how many league managers would work without a full time contract?

Coley deserves a little loyalty through his most trying time yet.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 19:38   #149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think shakers nailed it in one.
Old 21-01-2008, 19:54   #150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think shakers nailed it in one.
Yes, any chance of giving it a rest now, it's this season's roof.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..