Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2008, 21:00   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Coleman shouldnt go! Without coleman we will just go down. Hes done wonders at stanley and i know people think hes done as much as he can at the club but i think hes got more to offer and will deliver. Yes we had a bad result , a very bad result but things can be fixed and from that result im sure they will. Lets give the lads an opportunity to make up for it on saturday! And instead of moaning and groaning thats spur them on!

On Stanley On

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2008, 21:00   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
They (Bury) have significantly bigger gates
Looking at the figures, Bury average about 700 fans per match more than us (our average is 1691 and Bury's is 2387).
Old 16-01-2008, 22:01   #93

time 2 go and he will be missed but we r stanley. thats it new man in ex Gillingham boss aswell
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 22:15   #94

Stanley would survive if Coleman and Bell were to go. They would attract a manager because they are a Football League club. Maybe Colin Hendry would like another go after the shambles at Blackpool.....well its just a thought. The fact is the club is bigger than any individual and that includes managers, directors and chairman. The supporters on the terraces are the ones who matter.
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 22:20   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettler View Post
Stanley would survive if Coleman and Bell were to go. They would attract a manager because they are a Football League club. Maybe Colin Hendry would like another go after the shambles at Blackpool.....well its just a thought. The fact is the club is bigger than any individual and that includes managers, directors and chairman. The supporters on the terraces are the ones who matter.
colin hendry has now moved back to scotland and is now manager of clyde
Old 16-01-2008, 22:37   #96

A quick scan of the net shows we've 4 more points now than at the same point last season. Not a vast improvement, but it is an improvement. Anybody on here that thinks we're underperforming in the league overall need their heads examining to be honest, we're punching well above our weight, and just staying in the league is an achievement.

If Coleman was to go, I think we'd go down. Coleman to stay. Keep the faith and stop being so fickle.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 22:38   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Is this the same person who wrote on 15/10/07 :
That was after the Shrewsbury game, where their forward line was not particulary quick or intellegent.

That was the sort of game where a strong midfield pressing game would have had more success IMO - instead we backed off them.

Yesterday against peterborough - we needed to change the style of play.
We needed to frustrate the home crowd, the players (and some of the posh players have short fuses) and make the play them at their own game.

On a boggy pitch which soon filled with water, a short neat passing game was never going to work.
4-4-2 playing with pacey forwards and wingers would have been alot more successfull with balls over the top - rather than the predictable mullin knock down to craney, who often had 2 men around him.

it would be nice to suprise teams once in a while. Roscoe with mcgivern would have caused them alot more problems with balls over the top and into the channels.
A deep central midfield would have worked a treat. It would have soaked up their midfield runs and provided a protective barrier from direct through balls.

If the opposition players on the whole are better than yours, then you adapt your tactics to suit. You certainly adapt them for the ground conditions. We didnt at Stockport whos pitch was poor, nor did we against the posh.

Has Craney had written into his contract that he will start every game? Coleman for the benefit the whole team would be wise to drop some of the 'first on the team sheet players' once in a while, especially when it makes tactical sense.

To me, Coleman has never been bold enough. He can talk a good game but lacks clear understanding of what is required at this level.
But, we should give him more time to learn.
We are still only 14 points of relegation.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 22:45   #98

Just read through a few comments on here, and they are bloody disgraceful. Nowt wrong with having an opinion, but you are slagging off Stanley Legends. The men that took us from non-league obscurity into the league, that put Accrington back on the footballing map and that made us known for more than a stupid 80's milk advert. Show some respect, and hang your heads.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 00:53   #99
Senior Member+

I am of the opinion that it is time for the messiah to depart the FES. There are others who would willingly come into this club. I do not think if we change managers now we would be relegated, we are after all 14 points above the relegation places but it is quite conceivable that we could drop as low as 19th. Never mind being 4 points better off, look at the goal difference -17 I think. That in itself tells a tale. I listened to JC on BBC radio Lancs today and he held his hands up and stated the buck stops with him. Too true, but for too long we have not had the necessary coaches to look after the squad and when we get certain coaches, they are farmed out or move ie Willcock, Flynn et al.
After the shell shock of yesterday, Fearon should be given a game, because Bavs will be a liability after shipping 15 goals in 4 games. We defo need a defensive coach to sort out the back lines, a midfield coach to look after the midfield - although I personally do not think there is too much tinkering needed there and someone looking after the strikers. So in all we need 4 coaches to look after the team. Thanks John and Jimmy, I know you won't jump - but maybe EW needs the balls to give you the push.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 02:09   #100
God Member

Can't agree with you re a forward coach-You can't make a striker at this level.It is a natural gift to sniff yourself into a goal scoring position,not something I believe you are taut.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 06:54   #101
God Member

Jimmy's view on it:

Stanley Duo Were Men To Take Reds Forward (from Lancashire Telegraph)

What I would like to see happen is maybe the Question & Answer session that was going to take place with Coley earlier in the Season perhaps take place in the not too distant future, just to get a better understanding of the constraints perhaps they have to work under and see what the long term plan of of how the Club can be taken forward. As a few of have already said for a Club of it's size, it is not far short of miraculous that we have survived coming back to the League and we are looking to keep that momentum going forward. I am a relative newcomer to Stanley but I can only emphasise what I personally feel which is this is Great little Club with a fantastic history, friendly and passionate supporters and it is run by people who do genuinely care!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 08:30   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
On a boggy pitch which soon filled with water, a short neat passing game was never going to work.
Having looked at the goals, this neat passing game seem to work quite well for the Posh. But I agree with most of the rest of your post.

I'm not convinced by all the talk in other posts about "lack of resources" etc etc. It was interesting to note in the commentary on the Man City v West Ham game last night that Joe Hart is not allowed to kick clearances from hand during practices and that he is strongly discouraged from doing so in full matches. That is a tactic - and it's free. If our defenders and midfielders try to make themselves available when the keeper has the ball, they either draw an opponent out of position or they receive the ball without any challenge and we can thus build an attack. I have commented in other posts that the almost entire team (Paul Mullin is the exception) turns its back when our keeper has the ball. To change this "tactic" costs nothing.

Look at our free kicks - no sign of invention there. Look at our throw-ins - Paul Mullin the target every time. Ideas and tactics come free.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 09:47   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Looking at the figures, Bury average about 700 fans per match more than us (our average is 1691 and Bury's is 2387).
its all relative T.M. but that is over 25% more.
Old 17-01-2008, 10:58   #104

agree with everything Jeff say's about the management team. Time to go. It's no use going over the same auguments again and again. That is what Coley keeps doing , is there ever an improvement? No. I have followed Stanley from 1953,and would still follow them even if they were relegated, but we should not be looking that way, no it's time Eric bit the bullet and got rid of the loud ,foul mouthed bully. He does't make a good advertisement for our club. Perhaps a few of you who think he is god will change your minds when we get beaten again on Saturday. Just look at the League Table, how many teams below us have games in hand, some as many as three games. If they were to win one or two of them, where would we be. Fighting to stay in the League again. Come on Eric do the right thing for the Club, and get rid.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 12:05   #105

it's time for change,colman has done a good job but we can't survive on memories,it took 44 years to get back into the league and if results continue as they are we'll sink faster than the titanic.managers have been sacked this season after poor results but a lot less worse than ours,e.g chris casper at bury.there are several good managers looking for new clubs at the moment e.g ronnie jepson,until we bring in new blood we won't get anywhere,i'm accy till die but at this rate it might be quicker than i think lol.come on mr whalley it,s time to do your duty.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..