Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2008, 21:48   #46
God Member

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
We won the first 15 minutes after half time. What more do you want????
love ya thinking

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2008, 21:51   #47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
We won the first 15 minutes after half time. What more do you want????
You should be a politician!
Old 15-01-2008, 21:52   #48
Full Member+

I was at the Bury v Norwich F.A. Cup replay tonight (which incidentally was a well deserved win by our friends and near neighbours) just to take in a game. At half time it came over the tannoy that we were losing 4-0 at London Road and my mind strayed to thinking what sort of side Coleman had put out.

When I jumped into the car at full time, imagine my horror to be greeted with Five live giving me the joyous news that Peterborough had thrashed us 8-2 !!

I am with those who think that we would struggle to find a reasonable replacement for Coleman. With the current support / gates we are getting it wouldn't be that appealing to any new prospective manager.

Don't get me wrong, I predicted a 4-1 reverse in the Prediction league but 8-2 ???

Coleman has said in recent weeks that the defensive situation will have to improve or "there will be changes" Well Mr. Coleman after a tubbing like that just what exactly can you say or do for that fact that will change the fact that we have one of the worst defences in league 2 AGAIN, we heamorrage goals at an alarming rate and show no sign of addressing the problem. A clean sheet at the moment is about as remote a prospect as man landing on MARS !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 21:57   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I hope to see you then for our oral history for exhibition
Happy to oblige, SM!
Old 15-01-2008, 22:03   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Happy to oblige, SM!
Awww thank you Mr H, that will be great [sorry for thread wander] know where to come & find ya then with mic hehehe

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 22:05   #51
God Member

Be interesting but no surpise as to what coleys excuses will be for the performance tonight ???

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 15-01-2008, 22:09   #52
God Member

itll be surreal on saturday with all 50 of us there.did coley speak to any media after the game...
Old 15-01-2008, 22:12   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
itll be surreal on saturday with all 50 of us there.did coley speak to any media after the game...
gate aint going to be that low or restricted to launch guests only heheehehe, tho tonights performance isn't instilling hope with the gate situation & not good when we're trying to launch our exhibition [history repeating itself in 1 or 2 ways], hope the launch does have a good knock on effect for the game [crossing fingers & toes]

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 15-01-2008, 22:12   #54

fair enough tonight s result is not exceptable, but my target at the start of the season was a safe season free from looking at the table every weekend working out possible relagation permatations. possibly mid-table, and at the moment that is well on target and would be seen as progression. i am sure coleman is trying to attract better defenders. the problem is probably that were not really an attractive opposition to someone near the top of our league or bottom of league 1. the type of players we could attract are probably players from clubs in similiar position to ourselves. couple this with imho our best two defenders (cav & liam) and first choice keeper not playin along with a midfield with no natural defensive midfielder then we are always liable to concede. a few inspired loanees are required (martin , antwi please). i for one still have faith in the management duo and as long as we finish comfortably above the drop zone will continue to do so.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 01:43   #55
Senior Member+

Last time I saw us against Posh George Hudson scored a hat trick. Lots of good comments tonight, my view, it takes a "club" to be successful, that means players and management pulling together, supporting each other and hating to lose. The boss is there to make sure that,s what happens, if he can,t, then something has to change. I know cash is scarce but there are players who hate to lose and those who go through the motions, he has to know the difference and/or have the guts to make the changes, if he doesn,t we have a problem.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 08:14   #56

Wimbledon beat Liverpool in the FA cup final. Their players were not as skillfull, not as well paid, not as famous, but they won because they had a plan and used tactics to overcome the opposition. They played as a team and acheived the result because they were motivated. Not many expected Stanley to win last night ,but the manner of the defeat was disgraceful. The buck stops at Coleman.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 08:40   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
The buck stops at Coleman.
Which is what he said in the post-match interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Wimbledon beat Liverpool in the FA cup final. Their players were not as skillfull, not as well paid, not as famous, but they won because they had a plan and used tactics to overcome the opposition. They played as a team and acheived the result because they were motivated.
But how often does that happen? The fact that you had to go back to 1988 (?) shows how infrequent that is. Luton played with passion and good tactics last night, but were still hammered 5-0 by a better team.

I am as disappointed as anyone, but knee-jerk reactions won't solve anything.
Old 16-01-2008, 08:47   #58

Lets stay behind john.
I know for a fact he has no more money ( wages wise) to bring anyone in unless we ship some out.
Now lets be honest will there be many takers for the likes of Williams et al.
Batten down the the hatches and ride out the storm.............
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 09:13   #59
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
couple this with imho our best two defenders (cav & liam) and first choice keeper not playin.
We know why Cav isn't playing but does anybody know why Liam isn't playing?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 09:18   #60
God Member

If it's anything like last time Leam was dropped completely, even Leam didn't know why??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..