Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 20:38   #181
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesofold View Post
WAKE UP! Can I just remind people where we were 9 years ago and look where we are now!!!
Another one living in the past, 9 years ago was 9 years ago it's not now and that's what some of us are bothered about. What we did 9 years ago is not going to help us so please leave it out of this thread.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2008, 20:39   #182
Senior Member+

Yes I was looking at the League Table - whilst the current run must be turned around we do not need to panic yet. Some lower sides got some bad results eg Mansfield and Macc. I gather the Macc goalie ran out to clear the ball and missed it leaving Bradford an easy tap in.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 20:44   #183
Super Moderator

Quote:
If it's not Graham Branch bashing it's Ian Craney bashing!!!!! If it's not Coley bashing it's Bell bashing!!!
I wonder what they call it when Bury fans start knocking Andy Bishop?
Old 05-02-2008, 20:47   #184
Junior Member+

Bagpuss that's rubbish all I'm trying to say is that maybe we have risen too quickly and hence patience isn't what it was and expectations are too high!!!

Bagpuss you need to get with reality and look what the club have!!!

How is changing manager with 10/15 games remaining going to help, it would take that time for a new manager to settle in at least let Coley finish this season and I bet ya he gets us in a better position than last!!!!! And everyone on here I bet will be completely contradicting themselves and raving about him again. Fans at times are SO fickle!!

I have to say I am a 'duo' fan and I think what both Coley and Jimmy have had to work with both on and off the pitch, has been difficult in the extreme but they have worked miracles and I think they deserve more support than what they are getting from certain factions of the 'Stanley Faithful.'
memoriesofold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 20:47   #185
Junior Member+

lolololol Wynonie
memoriesofold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 21:03   #186
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Yes I was looking at the League Table - whilst the current run must be turned around we do not need to panic yet. Some lower sides got some bad results eg Mansfield and Macc. I gather the Macc goalie ran out to clear the ball and missed it leaving Bradford an easy tap in.
Bury and Macc both lost tonight, which is good. But we can't go on forever relying on other teams losing.
Old 05-02-2008, 21:17   #187
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I wonder what they call it when Bury fans start knocking Andy Bishop?
It's to be hoped Blackpool fans have some patience, they have signed Paul Dickov on loan
Old 06-02-2008, 13:52   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It's to be hoped Blackpool fans have some patience, they have signed Paul Dickov on loan
Dickov went to Crystal Palace for 3 months on loan and did not score or look likely to.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 15:21   #189
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Thought he scored on Saturday?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 15:47   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Thought he scored on Saturday?
With a name like his,you'ld expect him too.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 21:20   #191
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
With a name like his,you'ld expect him too.

With a face like his you really wouldn't!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 21:22   #192
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
With a face like his you really wouldn't!!!
true meeeeowww

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 21:43   #193
Accy Red

I see one of the mods has removed a post by me in response to post 184, very clever but it was my reply to something aimed at me and to remove my reply is pathetic.

I hope the over zealous moderator who did the deed would please remember that members are only allowed one account and look into this.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 06-02-2008, 21:51   #194
Accy Red

Quote:
Bagpuss that's rubbish all I'm trying to say is that maybe we have risen too quickly and hence patience isn't what it was and expectations are too high!!!

Bagpuss you need to get with reality and look what the club have!!!

How is changing manager with 10/15 games remaining going to help, it would take that time for a new manager to settle in at least let Coley finish this season and I bet ya he gets us in a better position than last!!!!! And everyone on here I bet will be completely contradicting themselves and raving about him again. Fans at times are SO fickle!!

I have to say I am a 'duo' fan and I think what both Coley and Jimmy have had to work with both on and off the pitch, has been difficult in the extreme but they have worked miracles and I think they deserve more support than what they are getting from certain factions of the 'Stanley Faithful.'
This post was made by a member who already has another name, it was done to try to strenthen her arguement but unfortunatley friends are friends and my reply was removed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..