Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2008, 21:17   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyfan View Post
only just posted because i dont think people were looking at the real picture (ok position for how big the club is)
I'm not clear what you are saying. Are you saying that we are a small club and therefore should not be in the League at all? Are you saying that we should be satisfied with poor performances? Are you saying that the discontent in the dressing room is ok because we are a small club? Lots of us do not have rose-tinted spectacles so we ARE looking at the real picture - and do not like what we see.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2008, 21:18   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
BOUNCEBACKABILITY is that a word
That's been used before too. Think of another soundbite for Coleman to use.
Old 15-01-2008, 21:20   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'm not clear what you are saying. Are you saying that we are a small club and therefore should not be in the League at all? Are you saying that we should be satisfied with poor performances? Are you saying that the discontent in the dressing room is ok because we are a small club? Lots of us do not have rose-tinted spectacles so we ARE looking at the real picture - and do not like what we see.

You bring a good point to stanleyfan

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 21:27   #34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i think everybody is in a state of shock i think tomorrow will be test of every stanley fans character
You think this is bad, Bananaman? You should've been stood on Peel Park with me and 50 others watching a team that had lost the legal right to call itself "Stanley" losing one match after another, while weeds grew on the terraces. Now that's a test of character. This is just a little local difficulty.

E-e-e-h, you young lads don't know you're born!
Old 15-01-2008, 21:29   #35

so basically no-ones that bothered if Stanley fades into obscurity once again.
great.
Old 15-01-2008, 21:29   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You think this is bad, Bananaman? You should've been stood on Peel Park with me and 50 others watching a team that had lost the legal right to call itself "Stanley" losing one match after another, while weeds grew on the terraces. Now that's a test of character. This is just a little local difficulty.

Were they using jumpers for goalposts?
Old 15-01-2008, 21:30   #37
God Member

But isn't this all about supporting your club, with them through good and bad, have a whinge from time to time, wallow in the glory when that comes around and turn up to every match we possibly can!!!!!!!!!!??

Regardless of who is Managing, running the club etc....

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 21:31   #38

Quote:
lets hope this is the low of our season and it doesnt get any worse...
Thats what everyone was saying after the 5-0 defeat at MK Dons, just how low do things have to get before its too low, teams no matter how bad should not concede 8 goals in a game, to same league opponents, i`m gutted, pi$$ed off and utterly fed up with our pi$$ poor results/performances, but like most of you i`ll still be there saturday.

Old 15-01-2008, 21:32   #39
God Member

Quote:

I hope to see you then for our oral history for exhibition Eeee i sit with that very picture of that very match in front of me

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 21:34   #40
God Member

Quote:

true weve been through worse..cmonstanley get intae themtonight was a plan to lull brentford into a false sense of security....as i say i hope this is us hitting rock bottom and will unite the squad into a siege mentality and we will bounce back on saturday . just had an idea what to run out to on saturdaythe only way is up
Old 15-01-2008, 21:35   #41
God Member

Quote:
tonight was a plan to lull brentford into a false sense of security....

Now that was brilliant
Old 15-01-2008, 21:36   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
Thats what everyone was saying after the 5-0 defeat at MK Dons, just how low do things have to get before its too low, teams no matter how bad should not concede 8 goals in a game, to same league opponents, i`m gutted, pi$$ed off and utterly fed up with our pi$$ poor results/performances, but like most of you i`ll still be there saturday.

exactly, how many more terrible performances are we gonna put in, only for fans to reply "oh its okay, this is the worst we'll get, its all uphill from here"
Old 15-01-2008, 21:39   #43

Its a good job Coley cracked the whip last week,or it could have been a massacre!
Clearly there is a problem between manager and players.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 21:46   #44
God Member

the biggest test will be how the players react will there be scapegoats or will all the team take responsability.will it rip the dressing room apart or will it unite it.it will be interesting to see the consquences of tonights result.we can only speculate.what will it say in tomorrows telegraphslaughter of the stanley..
Old 15-01-2008, 21:47   #45
Senior Member+

We won the first 15 minutes after half time. What more do you want????

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..