Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2008, 14:42   #76

Re: Coleman's time is surely up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAccyStan View Post
Don't get me wrong, Coley has done such a fantastic job to get us where we are now, especially in such a short space of time. However, after a few mediocre seasons in League Two you can't help but wonder if he's lost his touch, and after tonight's DIABOLICAL performance you can't help but wonder if someone else can do a better job?
Teams do not lose 8-2 in a league game, especially with 11 men on the field. We have no excuse. Something is very very very wrong.
His time was up some weeks ago!! Eric find some courage (maybe visit the wizard of oz)!! and sack this loser he's lost the dressing room. If you dare stand up to the halfwit no matter how crucial you are to the team you are soon playing no part in the squad. Lets have Paul simpson or Chris Brass or what about somebody home grown like Ashley Hoskins!!!
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2008, 15:17   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
If it's anything like last time Leam was dropped completely, even Leam didn't know why??
Does he speak with an accent exceedingly rare? No. He was born some 127 miles away, at what is apparently the wrong end of England's longest manmade waterway, the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.
Its time Eric Whalley got shut of this charmless, tactically inept scouse duo. This is Accrington Stanley, not Liverpool or Everton 3rd eleven.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 15:41   #78
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Where was it reported ?
It was a snippet in the Daily Mirror and also it was in the Lancashire Telegraph a couple of weeks ago with a picture of Mully with his no-logo shirt on and a Club statement saying that the team would have new shirts on that Saturday - Chester at home. It was also on Radio Five Live
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 15:45   #79
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
He said before planning a route to Bishop Auckland a few years later.
I have planned a route to Bishop Auckland many times before to watch Stanley - have you? If Coley and Bell stay I probably will be planning a route to Bishop Auckland again soon. It's about time people got real and saw the real situation. MK Dons away - pathetic and laughable, Peterborough away - pathetic and more laughable. The team is just not good enough and the tactics are sometimes crazy. Plus the management attitude of 'don't look at me like that or I will drop you from the team' is selfish and childish.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 16:43   #80
Junior Member+

We aren't going to get Brassy because he'll end up getting the Bury job if he carries on doing ok!! Paul Simpson will probably be looking for too much money...........

The question you have ask is have both Coleman AND Bell lost the dressing room or is it one or the other??!! They are always seen as a twosome I guess but you never know Bell could do an ok job if went on his todd. Ash Hoskins has not lit up lights in the footballing world has he, if you get rid of Coley you need a ready-made replacement and I don't think at the mo there is one there!!

I did not go to the game last night but have to say both MK Dons and Peterborough will probably be promoted come the end of the season so it is hard to judge, this league is far to tight this year to judge anything!!

He was the Saviour in Conference days and now a hated man maybe we rose too quick!!!

I'm a NEWBIE by the way so 'HELLO' everyone.

Last edited by memoriesofold; 16-01-2008 at 16:46.
memoriesofold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 17:20   #81
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesofold View Post
We aren't going to get Brassy because he'll end up getting the Bury job if he carries on doing ok!! Paul Simpson will probably be looking for too much money...........
Was at that Bury v Norwich cup game last night and the general concensus of the Bury fans I talked to and for that fact listened to on local radio want Simpson for their manager. They (Bury) have significantly bigger gates and thus more financial clout than we have, so if Simpson was to have a choice between ourselves and Bury I think it's more than likely Simpson would go to Gigg Lane. (Apparently Casper and Alexander were on a combined annual salary of in the region of £100k)

And as for Chris Brass.....well he and Mike Sheron managed to motivate Bury last night but that was a one off cup game and only time will tell if his managerial skills have improved since he was (at the time) the youngest league manager of York City who were subsequently relegated to the Conference.

Talking to Bury fans, Chris Casper was in-experienced when he was given the Bury job.In 2 1/2 seasons at Gigg Lane under Casper Bury made no progress and have struggled to survive in this league now for the last three seasons.

So to cut to the point, with the money available and our budget, IF the club and Eric Whalley decide to replace Coleman and Bell, in all probability we would end up with a low budget,in-experienced manager.

Anyone fancy taking a gamble ??????

Despite recent problems and bearing the above in mind, I for one don't.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 17:26   #82
God Member

me neither. The only acceptable replacement would be a really big name new guy who doesn't need the money but wants to learn.

Someone like Shearer maybe. What he likes in experience he woud make up for with the calibre of player he could attract. He would double gates, thus generating extra money to do a bit more with. Maybe he'd like a chance at slumming it for a bit?

Pie in the sky though. So let's get behind JC

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 16-01-2008 at 17:28.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 17:37   #83
Senior Member+

dont get rid of JC.

i will post my rant from the lanc telegraph comments page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not time for coleman to go.
I was also in attendance last night.
Yes the manager has stuck with defenders he has publically criticised and threatened to drop, but their is no better solution for ASFC than Coleman and Bell.

The main problem yesterday was tactics.
We didnt not change our play for the pitch conditions nor did we change it to nullify the opposition.

We have a habit of getting beaten by teams who play on the fast paced, direct counter attack.

The solution is clear - sit deeper, but you can not play short interchange passing and accomidate Ian Craney in central midfield with this style of play.
You need to play with pacey forwards, dare I say it - drop Mullin and play with Dsane and McGivern who offer genuine pace to run onto direct passes.

Craney who was the worst player yesterday, needs to be dropped.

Lets adapt our tactics and drop a few of the managers favourites when we play against teams who adapt a more direct style of play.

Anyone else noticed Ian Dunbavins form has dropped since the goalkeeping coach left?
Yesterday, Fearon was left to warm Dunbavin up - not ideal preperations for a proffesional club.

The referee was rubbish - its not an excuse, but a fact. The only player worthy of a booking was number 6 Lee.

Peterborough players constantly complained to the ref and argued decisions; after a while they all went their way.

Our lads never seemed to react like a team who where being delt and injustice, so the referee had no extra incentive to give us any of the 50/50 decisions.

Getting rid of Coleman is not the answer.
Having a fans forum and debating his tactics openly and hopefully making him aware of his mistakes to the benefit of future results is for the clubs long-term benefit.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 18:00   #84
Super Moderator

Whatever Coley's faults (and he certainly has a few), he has managed to propel this club into the football league and keep them there for one-and-a-half seasons so far on non-league gates and a non-league budget. As far as I'm aware, no other manager has done that. So, although my faith has received something of a battering recently, I'm still keeping it, for the moment!
Old 16-01-2008, 18:08   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
He said before planning a route to Bishop Auckland a few years later.
I wouldn't go there. Bishop Auckland are currently ground sharing in Shildon.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 18:14   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
The solution is clear - sit deeper
Is this the same person who wrote on 15/10/07 :

Quote:
A better team will thrive on stanley sitting deep.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 18:40   #87

Coleman is a bl**dy magician , the BIGGESST boo-boo that could befall Stanley is for him to be sacked. Posh are good enough to beat most Championship clubs. Put it behind us and scream for the team on Saturday.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 19:34   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
dont get rid of JC.

i will post my rant from the lanc telegraph comments page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to play with pacey forwards, dare I say it - drop Mullin and play with Dsane and McGivern who offer genuine pace to run onto direct passes.

MMmm so i saw but taking mully off would of meant a possible one goal that d'sane missed, yet without mully the 2 goals we got wouldnt of happened we may of been 8-0 or 8-1 not 8-2 that we got so would of been worse!!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 19:58   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DAV007
The solution is clear - sit deeper
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Is this the same person who wrote on 15/10/07 - Revived Red:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">A better team will thrive on stanley sitting deep. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->He's entitled to his opinions, and he does seem to have a lot of them.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 20:14   #90
Full Member+

Rochdale lost 7 -1 at lincoln last year and they finished 9th still, All have bad days and hopefully they will never forget last night for a very time.Onwards and upwards!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..