Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2009, 22:10   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Our Lads home at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
So did this guy travel to Afghanistan on a British issued passport or on his original Ethiopian one ? Are all asylum seekers/illegals allowed British travel documents so they can have mini-breaks in the Sun ?
aint sure,was informed tonight that he entered the uk in 94 as n illegal immigrant. if that is true WHY on earth did the CONSERVATIVE goverment of the day not sling him back to Ethiopia?
Old 24-02-2009, 22:15   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

would appreciate Jaysay or Andrew,enlightening me on this.
Old 24-02-2009, 22:24   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
aint sure,was informed tonight that he entered the uk in 94 as n illegal immigrant. if that is true WHY on earth did the CONSERVATIVE goverment of the day not sling him back to Ethiopia?
Yep .. and just by chance the other geezer that was in the news suspected of dodgy doings gained entrance to the UK in 1993..(under a conservative Government) with a false passport.. as was posted by Jaysay..

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ted-45674.html

Last edited by Mancie; 24-02-2009 at 22:27.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 22:30   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So did this guy travel to Afghanistan on a British issued passport or on his original Ethiopian one ? Are all asylum seekers/illegals allowed British travel documents so they can have mini-breaks in the Sun ?
Well it would appear so,a spanking good break for a Saido Masachist.

Wonder If he brought any duty free cigars back with him?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 23:48   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
At long last our lad is home from Guantanamo Bay, The Ethiopian born asylum-seeker Binyam Mohamed flew into RAF Northolt on private jet at a cost of £110,000 to the British tax payer. I was rather surprised that Gordon and the whole cabinet weren't there to greet him, and where was the brass band. It now appears that he has a fight on his hands to say in this country, yea reght, who are they trying to kid, he'll already have a dez rez lined up and plenty of readies to ease him back into the good old swing of things. This country has become the dustbin of the world, what was it Tony said when he left Downing Street, signing up to the European Human Rights Act was his finest achievement, beam up Scotty
pennys just dropped!! when this geezer arrived in the U.K. we were not IN the human rights act, in fact your lot was in power.
Old 24-02-2009, 23:59   #36
God Member

Not only were the Consevatives in Government they also signed up for a treaty in 1993 (Maastrict Treaty) that directly lead to the Social Chapter and the treaty of human rights.. it quite clearly states in the Maastrict treaty that there would be a " Common Foreign and Security Policy" ..link is on wikipedia

Maastricht Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the then Tory rulers willingly signed this treaty.. and now they try to skip on the deal they made
Old 25-02-2009, 00:37   #37
Give, give, give member

Before we get too bogged down in why he was allowed entry and to stay so long after his appeal had been refused, apparently Jacqui Smith had the power to force him to board a plane to Ethiopia as soon as he was returned to British soil, and faced the legality of such an action when he was no longer our responsibility.

Sadly she chose not to.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 02:13   #38
God Member

Simple ways is that the Tories like to play this as a weakness of the present Government.. and as I say both of these threads were posted by a member ... let's say that leans towards the Tories...I like to think of him as a "drone".... but anyway , the two "suspects" that have been brought to our attention by threads came to this country 15yrs ago.. not last week... they were admited without passports by an administration that then... and even more so now... procliam they would/have none of this sort of thing if in power.... rubbish!... the people that post this sort of propaganda know full well that this or any other Government have little choice in these matters.... get real .. this sort of situation happens all over the world were suspects are by law illegal or legal and the law will take it's course... thankfully i've still got half a brain and don't rely on the Daily Star or the Mail to sway my mind!
Old 25-02-2009, 02:25   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
That is a good point.

If he was illegal in this country and then left of his own free will to go to Pakistan and Afghanistan why would we let an illegal back in to the UK once he has left.

The newspaper - if you can call it that said

Quote:
He converted to Islam and flew to Afghanistan and Pakistan, where he was held on suspicion of using a false passport.
So he should have been deported to Ethipoia not the UK from Pakistan. Instead they gave him to the Yanks to practice torture techniques on. Why he has come back here is amazing. The US should have sent him straight to Ethiopia.
Old 25-02-2009, 07:16   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is a good point.

If he was illegal in this country and then left of his own free will to go to Pakistan and Afghanistan why would we let an illegal back in to the UK once he has left.

The newspaper - if you can call it that said

So he should have been deported to Ethipoia not the UK from Pakistan. Instead they gave him to the Yanks to practice torture techniques on. Why he has come back here is amazing. The US should have sent him straight to Ethiopia.
It's also reported that his sister flew to Britain to greet him on his return, though it doesn't say from where.

Obviously somewhere that allows it's citizens the liberty of free passage.

Perhaps her brother could stay with her, providing she goes back.

Old 25-02-2009, 07:44   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Just read, his sister is a U.S. citizen.

Odd that, them both chosing to live in such tortuous countries.

Old 25-02-2009, 07:47   #42
Super Moderator

Despite Mancie's attempts at spin, the fact remains that governments of both political stripes are guilty of creating this ludicrous situation.

The "tough on immigration" Tories for allowing him to stay in 1994, despite his dubious claims for asylum. And the present Labour government for allowing him back into this country, instead of taking the commonsense approach of flying him back to Ethiopia (business-class). This man has no business and no right to be in the UK and any government which thinks otherwise has clearly lost touch with reality.

Like Cashy, I'm bemused at the way that Accywebbers who are members of mainstream political parties are carefully avoiding this thread (apart from Jaysay who, as we know, is a bit of a loose cannon anyway ). Could it be that they know if they defend the view of their parties that this individual should stay in this country, they'll alienate the public at large...or alternatively, if they take the view of most of the British public that he should be sent back to Ethiopia, they risk censure from their party masters? I wonder...
Old 25-02-2009, 09:29   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Despite Mancie's attempts at spin, the fact remains that governments of both political stripes are guilty of creating this ludicrous situation.

The "tough on immigration" Tories for allowing him to stay in 1994, despite his dubious claims for asylum. And the present Labour government for allowing him back into this country, instead of taking the commonsense approach of flying him back to Ethiopia (business-class). This man has no business and no right to be in the UK and any government which thinks otherwise has clearly lost touch with reality.

Like Cashy, I'm bemused at the way that Accywebbers who are members of mainstream political parties are carefully avoiding this thread (apart from Jaysay who, as we know, is a bit of a loose cannon anyway ). Could it be that they know if they defend the view of their parties that this individual should stay in this country, they'll alienate the public at large...or alternatively, if they take the view of most of the British public that he should be sent back to Ethiopia, they risk censure from their party masters? I wonder...
My view for what it is worth, the man should have been clearly deported Really don't know why he wasn't.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 09:35   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
He clamed political asylum cashy when he came here in 94,
Old 25-02-2009, 09:44   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
My view for what it is worth, the man should have been clearly deported Really don't know why he wasn't.
Well done for having the bottle to say so. If only more mainstream politicians did the same. The fact that they don't leaves a clear field for the likes of the BNP to spread their poison.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..