Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 10:04   #106
Give, give, give member

Re: Our Lads home at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
and of course you should be the person in charge of booting people out.. or you could be the new Himler..boot some out but save some for the gas chamber
I didn't say that at all.

If asylum has failed, then out you go.

The system is easily abused.

In Glasgow I knew someone who claimed political asylum and was granted British Citizenship, claiming he was an Iraqi Kud, when in fact he'd never even been to Iraq. Nor was he Kurdish, and nor had he been tortured as he claimed. He was in fact Turkish, and now lives in a nice flat in Glasgow, fully furnished, and has a jolly life, going out, taking drugs, all funded by the benefit system, a benefit system funded by us all.

You're getting more than a little carried away.

It is possible to have secure national borders.

If you don't believe me try getting in to Saudi Arabia.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-03-2009, 10:18   #107
God Member

no doubt some fiddle the system.. but very few..and if we go down the path of including all immagrants as murdering scum then I say we are beaten... and I would not want that for this country.. you may say the same... but it's the thin end of the wedge when this nation does not allow people of whatever race and religion into it's care... come on I'm not saying let terroists and militant extremist to run around willy nilly... but I would not like my heritage .. as an Englishman, destoyed, by the few.. and if that includes you or anyone else then bollocks.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:23   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
no doubt some fiddle the system.. but very few..and if we go down the path of including all immagrants as murdering scum then I say we are beaten... and I would not want that for this country.. you may say the same... but it's the thin end of the wedge when this nation does not allow people of whatever race and religion into it's care... come on I'm not saying let terroists and militant extremist to run around willy nilly... but I would not like my heritage .. as an Englishman, destoyed, by the few.. and if that includes you or anyone else then bollocks.
I didn't say the person I knew was 'murdering scum', just that he played, and easily abused the system, and won.

If we had an open borders policy for everyone it would soom stop people genuinely seeking asylum here, because we couldn't afford to offer refuge, because the country would be financially bankrupt, and in no position to help.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:31   #109
God Member

And we would go bankrupt?.. and who would take care of you when ill in hospital?.. who would clean your streets..?.. you may live in the outskirts and no matter to you...but the real issue about immagrants is in the big places that you lot frequent for days out shopping and such...
Old 01-03-2009, 10:40   #110
Give, give, give member

Quote:
And we would go bankrupt?.. and who would take care of you when ill in hospital?.. who would clean your streets..?.. you may live in the outskirts and no matter to you...but the real issue about immagrants is in the big places that you lot frequent for days out shopping and such...
Er...yes the county would be bankrupt.

It's not rocket science, just simple economics.

If the population of the U.K. suddenly doubled, with only the same amount of people paying into the pot that is the Welfare State, it couldn't be sustained for very long.

Unemployment is predicted to hit three million later this year, in case you've missed that. So it's not very likely that another sixty million people moving here would find a job to fund the benefits system. They'd more than likely be benefitting from it, at least until the money ran out.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:47   #111
God Member

Well we disagree... the recent figures suggest that more eastern europeans are leaving rather than coming... maybe good but I think it just goes to show the trouble we may be in..capitalism at it's best.. flow to were the money is and "get on yer bike"... if you are concerned about the influx of people trying to find a better life for them and thier families then.. we all are.. but don't even vote Tory vote BNP
Old 07-03-2009, 21:31   #112
Super Moderator

So, this character has now started shooting his mouth off about the treatment he has supposedly received while in custody. The government are running round like headless chickens, referring the matter to the Attorney General...the Tories are saying that the police should investigate the matter. Not one senior politician has the guts to say what is overwhelmingly apparent...this man has no business and no right to be here and should be placed on the next plane back to Ethiopia. They really do live in a different world.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:00   #113
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, this character has now started shooting his mouth off about the treatment he has supposedly received while in custody. The government are running round like headless chickens, referring the matter to the Attorney General...the Tories are saying that the police should investigate the matter. Not one senior politician has the guts to say what is overwhelmingly apparent...this man has no business and no right to be here and should be placed on the next plane back to Ethiopia. They really do live in a different world.
Totally agree Wynonie, and another thing that's getting my goat at the moment is that all the news outlets both TV and Newspapers are calling this chap a British Resident, NO HE ISN'T, when he was arrested in Pakistan or wherever it was, he had left this country of is own free will 12 months earlier, so why is he now back here no doubt using the British legal system on legal aide and will eventually get a massive payout for is troubles
Old 08-03-2009, 10:25   #114
God Member

To get a huge payout for what he went thru because of his actions of choice stinks. People suffer worse by no choice of their own and get a paltry amount. Anything if anything he is awarded should be immediately siezed and put to a good cause. As for him not being a brit and using our system thats nowt new its become the norm as we are a very soft country. We are all mouth no action and have the courage of that would make a coward look brave!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 12:35   #115
Super Moderator

I see "our lad's" hogging the headlines again, blaming all his misfortunes on the UK. Meanwhile, the government's busy issuing denials and Toryboy, William Hague's pontificating that this country's name "will be dragged through the mud" unless a judicial enquiry is held into the affair.

Why is there not one leading politician who is actually in touch with reality enough to demand that this man be sent back to Ethiopia? After all, he appears to harbour a strong dislike of this country, so surely we'd be doing him a favour?
Old 13-03-2009, 16:23   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I see "our lad's" hogging the headlines again, blaming all his misfortunes on the UK. Meanwhile, the government's busy issuing denials and Toryboy, William Hague's pontificating that this country's name "will be dragged through the mud" unless a judicial enquiry is held into the affair.

Why is there not one leading politician who is actually in touch with reality enough to demand that this man be sent back to Ethiopia? After all, he appears to harbour a strong dislike of this country, so surely we'd be doing him a favour?
He's not daft Wynonie, he ain't gong to get com-pen-sa-tion if he goes back to Ethiopia is he, he's got a meal ticket for life whilst he's here, but I do wish these news outlets would stop using the phrase British Resident, because he bloody well isn't, he's just another parasite living of the British Tax Payer
Old 13-03-2009, 16:51   #117
God Member

Quote:

Has me wondering too .... from afar of course .... I know that in the US, polls show that most Americans favour some form of govt. funded medicare ... yet the two major political parties refuse to make it an election issue, probably for the good reason that the US meds. industry pumps mega bucks into both Republican and Democratic coffers .... maybe your two major political parties will only listen if the voters make enough noise about bs like this .... and if people on this forum are representative of public opinion, this should not be too difficult. I think it's an issue that should not be pushed to one side just because the economy is taking a nose-dive ... after all, there ain't much that can be done by Britain alone about this world crisis; so, as the politicians sit around waiting for time and a resurgence of consumer confidence to pull us out of the made-in-the-US mess, they could be addressing problems that they can solve .... and they could start by booting this guy's ass out of the country.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 17:01   #118
God Member

Really wound me up this morning when watching the BBC news and they said they had the first exclusive interview with him. Which suckers pay the licence fee for those jerks
Old 13-03-2009, 17:06   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Really wound me up this morning when watching the BBC news and they said they had the first exclusive interview with him. Which suckers pay the licence fee for those jerks
Wow, what a great idea .... give the guy a free platform .... I wonder what they are paying him? And why would anoyone be interested in what this guy says? Sheeeesh
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 18:40   #120
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
he's just another parasite living of the British Tax Payer
I love that line, I will quote you when I use it in future.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..