Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 20:44   #76
Give, give, give member

Re: Our Lads home at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
As long as you come out with a clean sheet..font of all knowledge...that is all right with me....trolls is your word not mine.
I still think your opinion sucks until you convince me different.
Pantomime dame is one thing but real life situations as far as the government is concerned, which you refuse to address is something quite different.
Go for it Rindi...make a real star of yourself and take on the real problems.
If you are able?
Yet another post totally unconnected to the subject matter of the thread.

Who on earth mentioned you?

You're paranoid, or at the very least delusional.

Still, if the Troll hat fits, so be it.

You utterly bore me now, and are therefore going back on ignore, before you spoil anymore of my enjoyment of reading threads I happen to find very interesting.

Don't take anytime away from your busy and fulfilling life, by bothering to reply, for happily I shan't see it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2009, 20:50   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yet another post totally unconnected to the subject matter of the thread.

Who on earth mentioned you?

You're paranoid, or at the very least delusional.

Still, if the Troll hat fits, so be it.

You utterly bore me now, and are therefore going back on ignore, before you spoil anymore of my enjoyment of reading threads I happen to find very interesting.

Don't take anytime away from your busy and fulfilling life, by bothering to reply, for happily I shan't see it.

Your choice...I am happy with my life....I think you have got problems.
But such is life. Mard arse............

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 20:58   #78
God Member

This is all very confusing ... if I were in govt. in Britain right now, and given the obvious overwhelming support for having this garbage shipped off to backwater that he was born in, I would most definitely take the minor risks involved and boot his ass out. A political party that doesn't take advantage of increase in popularity that such a move would generate doesn't deserve to be in power .... even in a fake democracy, the people should get what they want some of the time. Given the nature of the conflicts that terroism has generated, and given the fact that Britain in particular seems to bend over forwards to placate individuals who are, in fact, their sworn enemies, maybe it's time to get tough .... modify that old American bumper sticker slogan: make stickers, t-shirts etc. with a large Union Jack on them, and the words "Great Britain: If Your Heart's Not In It, Get Your Ass Out Of It." Could be money in it for some forward thinking entrepreneurs.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 22:07   #79
God Member

And you could even spell "ass" English style with an "r" in it ... give it that old world feel
Old 26-02-2009, 22:56   #80
God Member

And another poetic interlude: "Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n." (Milton.)

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Great Britain owns the world's richest poetic tradition.
Old 26-02-2009, 23:00   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And another poetic interlude: "Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n." (Milton.)

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Great Britain owns the world's richest poetic tradition.
and probably the worlds richest pensioner.
Old 26-02-2009, 23:01   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
and probably the worlds richest pensioner.
Cute ... I like it
Old 27-02-2009, 08:51   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well done for having the bottle to say so. If only more mainstream politicians did the same. The fact that they don't leaves a clear field for the likes of the BNP to spread their poison.
I'd like to pick up on this because it's so important and so relevant. Our major political parties desperately need to engage people on these issues, or the BNP will gain ground, for addressing issues that other parties dare not do. It's not racist to say that we should deport people, especially when their 'activities' are dubious to say the least. As for people asking why certain members haven't commented, I haven't commented thus far because I'm frankly, very very busy at the moment, I hadn't even read the thread until now.
Old 27-02-2009, 16:53   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I'd like to pick up on this because it's so important and so relevant. Our major political parties desperately need to engage people on these issues, or the BNP will gain ground, for addressing issues that other parties dare not do. It's not racist to say that we should deport people, especially when their 'activities' are dubious to say the least. As for people asking why certain members haven't commented, I haven't commented thus far because I'm frankly, very very busy at the moment, I hadn't even read the thread until now.
Just playing Devils Advocate here , Would it really be such a bad thing if the BNP got a few seats at Westminster , if only to show up the cant and hypocrisy of the other parties , maybe just to nudge the other parties to come up with something constructive instead of just playing tit for tat politics.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 18:01   #85
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Just playing Devils Advocate here , Would it really be such a bad thing if the BNP got a few seats at Westminster , if only to show up the cant and hypocrisy of the other parties , maybe just to nudge the other parties to come up with something constructive instead of just playing tit for tat politics.
Happily without proportional representation that remains unlikey.

Though they have won seats in local elections.

You'd think that fact would alert the major parties that the vast majority people in Britain don't give a toss about Sharia Law, as long as it doesn't become legal here. Much as the majority of Brits are happy to befriend anyone, unless they are using our democratic system in over to overthrow it, by whatever means, and all the while being funded by the British tax payer.

In busines the saying goes 'if you see a gap in the market, fill it'.

Main stream political parties haven't cottoned on to that yet, leaving the way open for the growth of the B.N.P. et al.

Last edited by garinda; 27-02-2009 at 18:03.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 19:02   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
i can easily accept yer very busy at the moment, though ya still find time to try to belittle a guy fer looking after a sick relation.
Old 27-02-2009, 19:07   #87
God Member

Quote:
i can easily accept yer very busy at the moment, though ya still find time to try to belittle a guy fer looking after a sick relation.
Cheap Shot Cashy.......

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 19:08   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cheap Shot Cashy.......
yep i'm learning.
Old 27-02-2009, 22:34   #89
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Cheap Shot Cashy.......
That's good coming from you, I've kept out of this thread for the simple reason I would just have had him shot so I'd nothing more to add to the thread until the Expat Spanish wannabee started his trolling yet again, what a prat.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 09:45   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
yep i'm learning.
Keep learning that fast cashy and you'll be standing for election, Cashman for PM

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..