Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2009, 09:46   #46
Super Moderator

Re: Our Lads home at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
He clamed political asylum cashy when he came here in 94,
My understanding is that he was refused asylum, but given permission to stay until 2004. To my mind, if someone's refused asylum, they should be sent back.
Old 25-02-2009, 10:04   #47
God Member

Yet another story that highlights the laughing stock this country has become. If he was refused asylum in 1994 he should have been sent back. Why is he now brought back here (after making a journey best described as suspect) at such great cost to the British tax payer and allowed to claim benefits?
We have pensioners scared of using their heating for fear of not being able to afford the bill, terminally ill people being refused life saving drugs and many other causes more worthy of the money that has been spent on this man. Are their "human rights" less important than his. He should never have been brought back here
Old 25-02-2009, 10:06   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
My understanding is that he was refused asylum, but given permission to stay until 2004. To my mind, if someone refused asylum, they should be sent back.
Well, to my mind that was wrong, but the fact is that he left this country in 2001 and went to live in Pakistan, think he was on a computer course or something. So in that case why did this government bend over backwards to "bring him home", Miliband's words not mine, this country isn't his home, he should have been sent back to Pakistan the last place he chose to to live, but the freeby by train doesn't stop at any stations in Pakistan, and I don't think the legal aide is very good there either, which no doubt he il now be using to screw the pants off the British Tax Payer . Its also know that he was given exceptional leave to stay in this country in 2000, but didn't bother and left of his own free will
Old 25-02-2009, 10:44   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my main point is simple, this would never have arose if the government of 94,had done their job. too late was the cry.
Old 25-02-2009, 10:50   #50
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
my main point is simple, this would never have arose if the government of 94,had done their job. too late was the cry.
I'd accept your point if the same thing wasn't still being allowed to happen today.

Sadly it is.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 11:00   #51
Give, give, give member

If Jacqui Smith had had the political balls to boot this waste of space on to another plane straight out of Britain, and to hell with the legal consequences, which was an option, she might have shown the kind of strength of political leadership that the people of this country are crying out for.

It might have even deflected a little from the story of her accommodation expenses.

A little, but not much.

(To whom it may concern. Please note the seventh scathing attack on a LABOUR government in less than a week.)

Old 25-02-2009, 11:21   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If Jacqui Smith had had the political balls to boot this waste of space on to another plane straight out of Britain, and to hell with the legal consequences, which was an option, she might have shown the kind of strength of political leadership that the people of this country are crying out for.

It might have even deflected a little from the story of her accommodation expenses.

A little, but not much.

(To whom it may concern. Please note the seventh scathing attack on a LABOUR government in less than a week.)
that is quite true,spineless n no regard for what the general public (in the main) require. as fer her expenses, perhaps shes a relative of our own P.B. as fer whom it may concern, some only see what suits their own purpose.
Old 25-02-2009, 11:24   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:

A little, but not much.

I have been counting
Old 25-02-2009, 11:32   #54
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have been counting
Good, count away.

Sadly no matter how much I disagree with some of this government's policies, the only viable option as far as I can see, on balancing local and national issues against the personal, is to vote for Greg Pope, assuming the election was tomorrow.

Old 25-02-2009, 16:11   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Good, count away.

Sadly no matter how much I disagree with some of this government's policies, the only viable option as far as I can see, on balancing local and national issues against the personal, is to vote for Greg Pope, assuming the election was tomorrow.
Good on you Rindi, if I weren't a Tory I'd vote for him too
Old 25-02-2009, 16:48   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You've been allowed to keep your membership?

That's nice.

Old 25-02-2009, 18:33   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
You can still vote for Greg even if you are a Tory. It's not against the law.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 19:47   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I wonder if Greg will post and explain reasons for the Governments actions on this matter.
Old 25-02-2009, 20:24   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I wonder if Greg will post and explain reasons for the Governments actions on this matter.
because no matter what govenment is in the spineless out number the ones with common sense

if france of all countries can stick 2 fingers up at european law when it likes im sure the UK could on matters like this

yeah i know im not mr Pope but thats my thoughts lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 20:27   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I fail to understand that after twelve years in government the labour diehards refuse to concede that they have not got the bottle to put things right.
Without a referendum they have ratified the treaty without the support of the British Public.
I think the shout of 'Too late was the cry' will be shouldered by our children and their children for many years to come?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..