Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2009, 12:02   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: Our Lads home at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Cheap Shot Cashy.......
What time does your flight get in for the Meet tonight.I'll pick you up at the airport.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2009, 12:47   #92
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
What time does your flight get in for the Meet tonight.I'll pick you up at the airport.
Well done Neil I didn't know you'd booked a stand up Comedian, (is stand up the right description?).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 14:15   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well done Neil I didn't know you'd booked a stand up Comedian, (is stand up the right description?).
For heavans sake Less will you kill that flaming ant I keep scratching everytime I see your posts
Old 28-02-2009, 14:18   #94
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
For heavans sake Less will you kill that flaming ant I keep scratching everytime I see your posts
That is definitely off thread, I hope the original starter reports you for it!

Last edited by Less; 28-02-2009 at 14:25.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 14:31   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That is definitely off thread, I hope the original starter reports you for it!

Thats just brought a smile back to my face Less
Old 01-03-2009, 00:46   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

interestingly i just read on Ceefax- British people have been careless with their Civil liberties,but that is begining to change, David Davies says, other speakers included former Guantanamo Bay detainee Moazzam Begg, and liberty director Shami Chakrabarti, now from me thinking D.D. was just a nut, he now begins to worry me, with his strange bedfellows.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:30   #97
God Member

Going back to the first post.. has this bloke done anything wrong in a legal sense ..has he commited a crime?... if suspected of commiting a crime then he can be held in custody legally ... for a start he can be held for the now 42 days without charge
the Tories do not agree and apposed the 42 days yet they swing about and cause aggro when they feel fit...
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:33   #98
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Going back to the first post.. has this bloke done anything wrong in a legal sense ..has he commited a crime?... if suspected of commiting a crime then he can be held in custody legally ... for a start he can be held for the now 42 days without charge
the Tories do not agree and apposed the 42 days yet they swing about and cause aggro when they feel fit...
Whether he's done something wrong or not is irrelevant.

His appeal to say here was thrown out years ago...just as he should have been.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:59   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Whether he's done something wrong or not is irrelevant.

His appeal to say here was thrown out years ago...just as he should have been.
Not really..he was allowed to stay until 2004.. arrested in 2003...by American officers
Old 01-03-2009, 02:11   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Not really..he was allowed to stay until 2004.. arrested in 2003...by American officers
His asylum was first rejected in 1994.

He was allowed to stay to 'study'.

Funded by us all.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:10   #101
God Member

I know people that have had "leave" to stay in this country..people that work hard and do not get benifits because they do not apply and find it strange to understand how the system works.. they have not come here to sponge...someone suspected of crimes and then is a very nice story for the media gets a hammering and we all slam in...this guy maybe suspect... but this always turns into a debate on immagrants getting welfare support when in reality the vast amount of support goes to people born here... very little goes to immagrants.
now we could tow the line that no support should go to immagrants but where does that lead? bods on the streets selling CD's ... children begging?... this country has held it's head up high in history as a nation that accecpts the income of knowledge from immagrants and would never have grown into a massive industry as we are.. and still are..I find all talk of blaming immagrants for all things bad out of order... the law says this.. and the law should be held... if you don't like then vote in a Tory at the next election.. and see if it changes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:01   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I know people that have had "leave" to stay in this country..people that work hard and do not get benifits because they do not apply and find it strange to understand how the system works.. they have not come here to sponge...someone suspected of crimes and then is a very nice story for the media gets a hammering and we all slam in...this guy maybe suspect... but this always turns into a debate on immagrants getting welfare support when in reality the vast amount of support goes to people born here... very little goes to immagrants.
now we could tow the line that no support should go to immagrants but where does that lead? bods on the streets selling CD's ... children begging?... this country has held it's head up high in history as a nation that accecpts the income of knowledge from immagrants and would never have grown into a massive industry as we are.. and still are..I find all talk of blaming immagrants for all things bad out of order... the law says this.. and the law should be held... if you don't like then vote in a Tory at the next election.. and see if it changes
Do I want to see them begging on the streets?

No.

They should be booted out before it gets to that stage, if their 'asylum' (read economic migrant, in many cases) has failed.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:16   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Do I want to see them begging on the streets?

No.

They should be booted out before it gets to that stage, if their 'asylum' (read economic migrant, in many cases) has failed.
and of course you should be the person in charge of booting people out.. or you could be the new Himler..boot some out but save some for the gas chamber
Old 01-03-2009, 09:39   #104
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
and of course you should be the person in charge of booting people out.. or you could be the new Himler..boot some out but save some for the gas chamber
No that job would be for me.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:55   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
No that job would be for me.
Oops yeah I forgot about Sturmfuhrer Bagpuss... the scouse commandant!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..