Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2009, 09:36   #1
Resting in Peace

Wink Our Lads home at last

At long last our lad is home from Guantanamo Bay, The Ethiopian born asylum-seeker Binyam Mohamed flew into RAF Northolt on private jet at a cost of £110,000 to the British tax payer. I was rather surprised that Gordon and the whole cabinet weren't there to greet him, and where was the brass band. It now appears that he has a fight on his hands to say in this country, yea reght, who are they trying to kid, he'll already have a dez rez lined up and plenty of readies to ease him back into the good old swing of things. This country has become the dustbin of the world, what was it Tony said when he left Downing Street, signing up to the European Human Rights Act was his finest achievement, beam up Scotty
Old 24-02-2009, 09:41   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Our Lads home at last

very sore point wi me this guy ok no charges brought, but the guy visits Afghanistan after 9/11 just to see what n islamic states like, ballcocks i certainly do not buy that story.
Old 24-02-2009, 09:44   #3
God Member

how long is it going to be before he tries to do something in this country?/ (oh sorry i forgot all the charges where dropped against him) utter bull!!!
Old 24-02-2009, 10:25   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
very sore point wi me this guy ok no charges brought, but the guy visits Afghanistan after 9/11 just to see what n islamic states like, ballcocks i certainly do not buy that story.
I think you are being a little cynical there Cashy Sounds to me like he was just one of your average down and out Ethiopian Asylum seekers that fancied a trip to Afghanistan(wonder were he got the cash) to see what life was like there(as you do).

The authorities did at least stop short of letting him fly the plane back.

We can all rest at ease now knowing that the 10's of thousands of pounds it will cost to keep him safe and secure is money well spent

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 10:33   #5
God Member

considering how many british born people went to train in afghanistan to fight against our troops i find it highly unlikely he went there with good intentions

i think its a case of he was picked up too soon so can claim innocence but the alternative was to let him train and do whatever they had planned for him to do then hope to catch him in the act

was it some lads from accrington or blackburn that went to train in afghanistan , what happened to them are they still roaming our streets ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 10:36   #6
God Member

Well if we choose to live in this democratic system, we're going to have to make peace with the fact that if there's no sustainable evidence then nothing can be done.
It's probably me watching too much 24, but something screams guilty as sin about this fella.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 11:02   #7
Senior Member+

I recall seeing this chaps scumbag lawyer on TV years ago, think he just classed himself as a journalist then though, making a programme about all those poor innocents on death row in America.....theres obviously not enough money to be made out of helping normal, decent folk!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 13:08   #8
Give, give, give member

'...his right to remain (in Britain) expired in 2004, he is due to receive up to £21,600 a year in handouts.'

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: I'm back... And I want benefits

Sounds about par for the course.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 14:34   #9
Give, give, give member

'He was flown back on a luxury Gulfstream jet accompanied by two Foreign Office officials, two Metropolitan police officers and a doctor.

The Foreign Office and Home Office jointly paid for the trip, which is estimated to have cost as much as £160,000.'

Freed Guantanamo prisoner's return on luxury jet cost £160,000... now he could claim thousands in benefits | Mail Online

Blimey, perhaps H.M. The Queen has adopted him, and he's going to be called Prince Binyam.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 15:06   #10
God Member

i bet he dosnt have to wait on a list to be housed

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 24-02-2009, 15:09   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Well if we choose to live in this democratic system, we're going to have to make peace with the fact that if there's no sustainable evidence then nothing can be done.
It's probably me watching too much 24, but something screams guilty as sin about this fella.
thats the whole point to me shaker, summat should be done, like send him back to "Ethiopia", wonder if any of our "Political" members will comment on this? seem to have kept well away so far. why am i not surprised?
Old 24-02-2009, 16:14   #12
God Member

you can always count on the good old UK to fund and look after people who hate us

Old 24-02-2009, 16:21   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'He was flown back on a luxury Gulfstream jet accompanied by two Foreign Office officials, two Metropolitan police officers and a doctor.

The Foreign Office and Home Office jointly paid for the trip, which is estimated to have cost as much as £160,000.'

Freed Guantanamo prisoner's return on luxury jet cost £160,000... now he could claim thousands in benefits | Mail Online

Blimey, perhaps H.M. The Queen has adopted him, and he's going to be called Prince Binyam.
What do you mean Rindi, he's going for tea on Sunday, he's just dying to meet Phil the Greek like one refugee to another
Old 24-02-2009, 16:22   #14

He was flown 'home' on a private jet along with two policemen,two Government officials and a Doctor at a cost of £120,000.
Now he could claim a weekly allowance of:

Income Support-£137
Housing Benefit-£105
Council Tax Benefit-£34
Disibility Living Allowance- £114
Jobseekers Allowance-£60

Fair enough??
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 16:40   #15
God Member

i bet he isnt made to go out to work like single mums on benefits are being made to

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..