Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 00:29   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Our Lads home at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I fail to understand that after twelve years in government the labour diehards refuse to concede that they have not got the bottle to put things right.
Without a referendum they have ratified the treaty without the support of the British Public.
I think the shout of 'Too late was the cry' will be shouldered by our children and their children for many years to come?
as ya were quoting me i can only assume ya think i'm a labour diehard? wrong again. if ya had said that years ago it would have some credence.
Old 26-02-2009, 00:48   #62
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as ya were quoting me i can only assume ya think i'm a labour diehard? wrong again. if ya had said that years ago it would have some credence.
Don't disillusion the blinkered members please, and pop back in your little box they've made for you, just like the rest of us.

Happily the little boxes they insist in putting us in are Jack-in-a Box boxes, unbeknownst to them, and you're free to jump out and suprise them at random, when they least expect it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 08:53   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You've been allowed to keep your membership?

That's nice.
Well I haven't been beheaded yet Rindi
Old 26-02-2009, 08:54   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
You can still vote for Greg even if you are a Tory. It's not against the law.
Its against my law Bernard
Old 26-02-2009, 08:57   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't disillusion the blinkered members please, and pop back in your little box they've made for you, just like the rest of us.

Happily the little boxes they insist in putting us in are Jack-in-a Box boxes, unbeknownst to them, and you're free to jump out and suprise them at random, when they least expect it.

Well to quote a twenty year old Eat My Shorts
Old 26-02-2009, 14:31   #66

Someone asked if I could come on here and defend the Government's decision on this. I cannot, in all honesty, do so.

This man applied for asylum here many years ago and was refused - at this point he should, in my opinion, have been deported back to Ethiopia where is a citizen. Instead, he was allowed to remain in the UK. He repaid our hospitality by visiting Afghanistan (why?) after the allied invasion and was arrested in Pakistan, apparently in the company of Jihadis. Whilst I certainly don't find what happened to him subsequently acceptable, I can see no reason why he should be allowed back into the UK. I understand that the Government are currently reveiwing his immigration status but I can see no reason why he cannot be removed to his country of nationality.
Greg Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 14:40   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thanks fer the response greg.
Old 26-02-2009, 14:44   #68
Super Moderator

Good post, Greg and I agree with what you're saying. It's a pity that more mainstream politicians either don't have these views, or are afraid to state them publicly, as their absence simply leaves the way open for right-wing extremists to exploit the situation.

However, I think you're being a little optimistic with your last statement. I'll bet you a pint of Black Sheep that he's still here in five years' time!
Old 26-02-2009, 16:14   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pope View Post
Someone asked if I could come on here and defend the Government's decision on this. I cannot, in all honesty, do so.

This man applied for asylum here many years ago and was refused - at this point he should, in my opinion, have been deported back to Ethiopia where is a citizen. Instead, he was allowed to remain in the UK. He repaid our hospitality by visiting Afghanistan (why?) after the allied invasion and was arrested in Pakistan, apparently in the company of Jihadis. Whilst I certainly don't find what happened to him subsequently acceptable, I can see no reason why he should be allowed back into the UK. I understand that the Government are currently reveiwing his immigration status but I can see no reason why he cannot be removed to his country of nationality.
Can't fault that reply Greg, at least you are in touch with what the most of Britain think on this issue. fair play to you
Old 26-02-2009, 16:21   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Good post, Greg and I agree with what you're saying. It's a pity that more mainstream politicians either don't have these views, or are afraid to state them publicly, as their absence simply leaves the way open for right-wing extremists to exploit the situation.

However, I think you're being a little optimistic with your last statement. I'll bet you a pint of Black Sheep that he's still here in five years' time!
Well let's hope Greg's in a more prominent position to ensure it happens, perhaps in the Cabinet.

Old 26-02-2009, 17:49   #71
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Thanks for the reply Greg, its just a shame the rest of the Government are not as in touch with reality as yourself.
Old 26-02-2009, 18:03   #72
Full Member+

I take my hat off to Greg Pope for giving a straight forward answer to a straight forward question. It makes a welcome change from some of the cross party bickering we have witnessed in this forum recently. Anyone who applies for asylum or citizenship and doesn't get it should be returned to their native land ASAP.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 18:13   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I take my hat off to Greg Pope for giving a straight forward answer to a straight forward question.
Happily for his constituents, as far as I can recall, it's happened every time a question has been asked of him here on Accy Web.

Old 26-02-2009, 20:16   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Happily for his constituents, as far as I can recall, it's happened every time a question has been asked of him here on Accy Web.
Which in itself is really quite a remarkable feat, as the questions may be hidden anywhere on a thread, amongst the banal musings of the Trolls.

Old 26-02-2009, 20:34   #75
God Member

Quote:
Which in itself is really quite a remarkable feat, as the questions may be hidden anywhere on a thread, amongst the banal musings of the Trolls.
As long as you come out with a clean sheet..font of all knowledge...that is all right with me....trolls is your word not mine.
I still think your opinion sucks until you convince me different.
Pantomime dame is one thing but real life situations as far as the government is concerned, which you refuse to address is something quite different.
Go for it Rindi...make a real star of yourself and take on the real problems.
If you are able?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..