Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2013, 22:11   #2626
God Member

Re: The Tories

dont believe their lies.the tory propoganda machine is well and truly oiled.this country is going to end up like greece nobody collecting tax.
Old 16-03-2013, 07:26   #2627
Beacon of light

What are blathering on about again.......just because they close face to face enquiry centres doesn't mean that the taxes won't be collected....it just means that if you have a problem, you will not be able to go and see someone about it...you will have to either telephone them or use e-mail to contact them.
HMRC are a law unto themselves.......they do not see the tax paying public as their employers....but as their victims.........they always have done, whoever was in power.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 07:33   #2628
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hes completely flipped this time Margaret.
Old 16-03-2013, 08:15   #2629
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
dont believe their lies.the tory propoganda machine is well and truly oiled.this country is going to end up like greece nobody collecting tax.
Why don't to stop flogging a dead horse, you make yourself look like a clown every time you come on the only thread you post on Bye Bye
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 08:18   #2630
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What are blathering on about again.......just because they close face to face enquiry centres doesn't mean that the taxes won't be collected....it just means that if you have a problem, you will not be able to go and see someone about it...you will have to either telephone them or use e-mail to contact them.
HMRC are a law unto themselves.......they do not see the tax paying public as their employers....but as their victims.........they always have done, whoever was in power.
And that's irrespective of who's in power at Westminster Margaret, HMR&C don't take any prisoners and are a law unto themselves
Old 16-03-2013, 09:04   #2631

"HMRC are a law unto themselves.......they do not see the tax paying public as their employers....but as their victims.........they always have done, whoever was in power."

"HMR&C don't take any prisoners and are a law unto themselves."

I worked in (& for) the Inland Revenue for 26 years. All we ever tried to do was to apply the legislation fairly & without discrimination. If the result is that people have to pay over money - which is what REALLY puts their backs up - then so be it. I regard the above comments as an insult.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 09:20   #2632
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
"HMRC are a law unto themselves.......they do not see the tax paying public as their employers....but as their victims.........they always have done, whoever was in power."

"HMR&C don't take any prisoners and are a law unto themselves."

I worked in (& for) the Inland Revenue for 26 years. All we ever tried to do was to apply the legislation fairly & without discrimination. If the result is that people have to pay over money - which is what REALLY puts their backs up - then so be it. I regard the above comments as an insult.
My Daughter worked for the IR&C for years, I speak to her again now
Old 16-03-2013, 09:21   #2633
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sorry dave, yer defending the indefensible, I have had a relative n a few friends worked fer I.R. (now retired) n they were always very helpful. only 16 months ago i got a bill from em, fer tax i hadn't paid on me company pension. fer a few years, I was completely unaware of this, as i get a letter every year,telling me my code number etc, So like most people i trust what they tell me is correct, How is a layman supposed to know different? They told me it is "MY RESPONSIBILITY" to know if me code number is wrong, So to cut a long story short,i am now paying back a few "K" i knew sod all about, so i think they are completely useless, if yeh wanna feel insulted, be my guest.
Old 16-03-2013, 09:24   #2634
Beacon of light

I am sorry you feel insulted, but this a personal opinion based on my own and family members experiences.
It isn't about having to pay the money...that is a fact of life(and anyone who knows me will tell you that I am keen to pay my own way in life), but it is about when they (HMRC) get the calculations wrong, but somehow it is our fault........and I'm talking PAYE here...not self assessment or self employment. If you give HMRC the facts and they then get their calculations wrong........how is it my fault.
And the demands for the money were intimidating.

These are not respectful actions of an organisation which is employed by me as a tax payer.
My comments were not intended to be insulting, just factual.
cashman and jaysay like this.
Old 17-03-2013, 15:47   #2635
God Member

when you owe the tax man money he wants it right now.When they owe you money they give it you back in dribs and drabbs over the tax year by altering your tax code so you get a few quid each week back

if however you owe the tax man millions he takes you for lunch and begs you to pay money you owe even when he knows you have billions in teh bank

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 18:09   #2636
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am sorry you feel insulted, but this a personal opinion based on my own and family members experiences.
It isn't about having to pay the money...that is a fact of life(and anyone who knows me will tell you that I am keen to pay my own way in life), but it is about when they (HMRC) get the calculations wrong, but somehow it is our fault........and I'm talking PAYE here...not self assessment or self employment. If you give HMRC the facts and they then get their calculations wrong........how is it my fault.
And the demands for the money were intimidating.

These are not respectful actions of an organisation which is employed by me as a tax payer.
My comments were not intended to be insulting, just factual.
the thing is, its getting privatised by stealth
Old 20-03-2013, 18:20   #2637
God Member

why do my taxes have to pay for someone elses mortgage. we are up the creek what does osborne do yep give the banks another 140 billion pounds and promises to under write defaults.he has totally lost the plot.
Old 20-03-2013, 18:55   #2638
Resting in Peace

Quote:
why do my taxes have to pay for someone elses mortgage. we are up the creek what does osborne do yep give the banks another 140 billion pounds and promises to under write defaults.he has totally lost the plot.
Sadly you have never had the plot, give up while your losing
Old 20-03-2013, 19:16   #2639
Beacon of light

Quote:
the thing is, its getting privatised by stealth
What is being privatised by stealth?
Old 20-03-2013, 19:56   #2640
God Member

so we had a credit crunch ? yes so why are the tories creating 95% mortgages which were the creation of the credit crunch ie northern rock etc so not only 95% mortgages even if they fail the goverment are going pay to write them off with 195 billion pound so its a win win for the banks who created the mess .not the last labour goverment who were creating growth yes jaysay growth which is alien to the tories .you cant argue with the truth.he is desperate for triple aaa but its never going to happen as the imf think he is inept. growth down unemployment up he is a downgraded chancellor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 526950_561068363926207_64886516_n.jpg (62.5 KB, 0 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..