Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

shillelagh 21-08-2012 22:58

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1010046)
Know where you are now, when I do that walk again will let you know.

i'll even throw in some of the spugsters stash ... of cake (lemon) or biccies (brazil nut chocolate coated cookies) ... :eek::D:D:D and some of the dog biccies (tedsters) for bob ...:D

mobertol 21-08-2012 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1010070)
i'll even throw in some of the spugsters stash ... of cake (lemon) or biccies (brazil nut chocolate coated cookies) ... :eek::D:D:D and some of the dog biccies (tedsters) for bob ...:D

Who could refuse such hospitality...shame I'm not around tea, milk and a level teaspoon of sugar for me!:D

shillelagh 21-08-2012 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1010072)
Who could refuse such hospitality...shame I'm not around tea, milk and a level teaspoon of sugar for me!:D

your welcome .. next time you are over here .... that is if im here and the spugster has a stash ... he hasnt been down and nicked it all ... :D:D:D

susie123 22-08-2012 17:19

10 Attachment(s)
Here's my take on Dianne's theme of statues...

1 Iceland 2007, at the Geysir site
2 Bronze figurehead of the Mexican sail training ship Cuauhtemoc (he was an Aztec emperor), Tall Ships Race, Liverpool 2008
3 Mask from mural outside Liverpool RC cathedral
4 Lambanana as builder, Hope Street, Liverpool 2008, a project for the City of Culture
Superlambanana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
5 Antony Gormley's Another Place, Crosby beach
Antony Gormley's Another Place
6 Alesund, Norway - a similar theme to Dianne's pic of Maryport
7 Rollo the Viking, Alesund - the founder of the Duchy of Normandy (I see the Norwegians call him Rollon!)
8 Bamse the St Bernard, Honningsvag, Norway - a war hero
Bamse (St. Bernard) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
9 Bamse from behind, to show the view - taken at midnight in the far north of Norway
10 Snow sculpture on the prom, Morecambe, Christmas 2010

DaveinGermany 22-08-2012 17:49

6 Attachment(s)
The self same Hound Sue, he's also remembered in Montrose along with some other Characters from North of the Border. :)

Bamse side view, Bamse from the front, Bamse's story, Commando memorial Spean Bridge, The ever watchful Wallace at the Borders, Dundee & Dandy. :)

susie123 22-08-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1010173)
The self same Hound Sue, he's also remembered in Montrose along with some other Characters from North of the Border. :)

Bamse side view, Bamse from the front, Bamse's story, Commando memorial Spean Bridge, The ever watchful Wallace at the Borders, Dundee & Dandy. :)

Cheers Dave, great pics - maybe one day I'll get up to see Bamse in Montrose, don't know that part of Scotland at all.

BTW did you know that the Dandy is going online only from the end of the year - no more paper version!

And on the subject of same character, different location - when I was in USA in 1974 I remember photographing in Fargo N Dakota a statue of Rollo the Viking as seen in Norway. Darned if I could remember why it was there but just discovered it was because there was a sizeable Norwegian population there.
Prairie Public Broadcasting Dakota Datebook

Gremlin 22-08-2012 18:28

9 Attachment(s)
I took a trip up to my friends house to day because she said there was a good view of the numbers on Pendle hill. When I got there the numbers had been removed so the first picture is the hill without numbers.

I then decide to take a few pictures of their dogs and cat, the little dog got fed up and made his own bed and tried to hide from me. Next a gargoyles on the gate post, one of a pair.
Then another monument at Spean Bridge taken year ago in better weather.

susie123 22-08-2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1010183)
I took a trip up to my friends house to day because she said there was a good view of the numbers on Pendle hill. When I got there the numbers had been removed so the first picture is the hill without numbers.

I then decide to take a few pictures of their dogs and cat, the little dog got fed up and made his own bed and tried to hide from me. Next a gargoyles on the gate post, one of a pair.
Then another monument at Spean Bridge taken year ago in better weather.

Had to google that Gremlin to find out what you were on about! It's a great idea.
Surprise artwork pops up for witches on Pendle Hill | UK news | guardian.co.uk
1612 appears on Pendle Hill to mark 400th anniversary of Lancashire Witch trials - Lifestyle - Burnley Express

PS I want that ginger puss!

Gremlin 22-08-2012 18:52

1 Attachment(s)
Have another picture of the ginger puss Susie, that's my quota for today.
I had heard about something on Pendle Hill and passed on the A59 at weekend and saw nowt. It turned out to be on the other side. The picture was taken from my friends house which is up Briefcliffe road past Haggate near Thursden, a wild and windy remote spot.

davemac 22-08-2012 20:40

5 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures...not much today.The Big Shop day, so just a bit of nonsense really.

1. Saw this in Mercer Park, I know what its for, it just tickled me, dont know why.
2. Quick look around the Churchyard, All Saints Church.
3. Its just coming through the grass.
4. Then it does this.
5. And then this.

maxthecollie 22-08-2012 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1010191)
Today in Pictures...not much today.The Big Shop day, so just a bit of nonsense really.

1. Saw this in Mercer Park, I know what its for, it just tickled me, dont know why.
4. Then it does this.
5. And then this.

Is pic 3 a Wild Haggis escaped?

davemac 22-08-2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1010192)
Is pic 3 a Wild Haggis escaped?

It didn't run off when I got on my hands and knees, so don't think so.

maxthecollie 22-08-2012 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1010194)
It didn't run off when I got on my hands and knees, so don't think so.

You weren't on your hands and knees in the churchyard were you?

susie123 23-08-2012 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1010191)

4. Then it does this.
5. And then this.

Amazing fungus pictures. Do you know what it is?

susie123 23-08-2012 10:04

8 Attachment(s)
More statue pics from my travels

1 Roald Amundsen, Ny Alesund, Svalbard, Norway
2 Inside a reconstructed Viking hall, Lofoten Islands, Norway
3 The statue's gone, but left his coat behind... Ravenna
4 Roman statue gallery, Town Hall, Osimo, Italy
5 to 8 This is a public sculpture in Castelfidardo, Italy, where the main industry is accordion making. I think it's really ugly, but fascinating...