Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 08:49   #16

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Being a nice guy does not work in football management, need somebody in to be ruthless, to scrap and fight the cause, ex international players ie chris waddle @ Burnley and of course James Beattie does not work for me.
Tactics and players out of postion really a massive problem.
Kal Naismith got to play him wide right so he can cut in and cause havoc, he played there v Portsmouth and 10 mins since its not rocket science

We have got to stop signing players because they are nice lads !

Sign a few who will upset the opposition , get in there faces who are not so bloody nice
ianray likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04   #17
Full Member+

Nice guys finish last
Old 05-10-2013, 09:39   #18
Full Member+

Sorry to say that I found last night disappointing to say the least , we were outrun , the better team won. One player should not be able to run the length of the pitch on his own and score , but to do it twice is unbelievable . I was sat beside a neutral who had come along as it was a Fri match , his comments were " they are a young side " ,when I asked if he will return to watch again he just smiled , the answer was in his expression it said don't be silly.
Hope James can turn us around , be we need it sooner rather than later.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
First time ive heard a manager out chant in a stanley end since we where bottom of the Unibond and lost away at Bamber Bridge in about 1998.

Not nice

But people pay there money and are entitled to their opinions I suppose??

I really dont know what I would do, as its obvious we cant afford to sack him.
An unusual note of despair there Smudgie !..... but such response from the Fans is inevitable !!... The Team lose heart, and doesn't that seem evident from their body-language on the pitch !!, then the Fans follow suit and their disappointment looks for a scapegoat to mollify this !, and the Manager always seems to be the easiest, if not the logical target !.
Remember this image from the BBC website circa 2006 ?...

Have they ?... Will they have ?..... Who can instil this into the current squad ?.... When will we see it ?...
So many questions ?, so few the answers to them !.
( And like you I don't know what I would do either !).
simon likes this.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18   #20
Senior Member+

It might be the honourable thing for JB to offer to resign if the board can find a replacement ... it would certainly not be honourable for him to resign and walk away leaving a possibly unfillable vacancy. Dav007 is so confident JC would want to come back - why would he? The last time he took on a relegation-challenged club didn't do his CV any favours - is he likely to risk two on the bounce? And if his heart belongs to Stanley first last and always, why did he leave us in the first place? Don't get me wrong, the man's a legend in my book and always will be, but I'm not sure he would fancy a second coming, and not sure he could work the transformation if he did.

On Stanley On!
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Same old, same old from Dav007 - couldn't wait for that tenth game limit you so generously gave to Beatts before you started bleating could you?
Ok, we are in a perilous position but do you seriously believe with the injuries we have had/still have that anyone could have fared any better?
Tonight was not pretty but the lads could not be faulted for effort - Daggers were not that great in football ability although they were quicker than us & caught us twice on the break in what was a pretty scrappy game overall.
I was pretty sad walking off the ground tonight, in fact instead of the usual ritual of going in the Crown & putting the world to rights over a couple of lagers I found myself coming home, opening a bottle of wine & catching up on Corrie but I will still be there at the next game cheering on James & our lads - not berating them on here - that does no-one any good at all. Get behind the team & manager instead of satisfying your own agenda by proclaiming the supposed benefits of having Coley & co back in charge. (Rant over)
Don't know what game you were watching, but I didn't see all that commitment to the cause, otherwise how did D & R walk through our back four [albeit offside in both cases and a linesman that could not keep up with play] with consummate ease. Not once have I seen BT shouting from the sidelines - its always Paul Stephenson and Paul Lodge. Why? Its not often I agree with DAV007 but in this case I do, although not all of his statement. Whether John Coleman is the right person or not I am not sure. But for the sake of the club and the hope we may get out of this dire mess then BT must do the honourable thing and resign. He needs to do his coaching badges and get experience first.
And please do not use injuries as an excuse, BT has brought in enough players of his own to cover for injuries, heck he even signed a 19 year old from Blackpool, who to be honest looked useful what little I saw of him. I don't think the youngsters he has brought in are ready for this league yet! I believe they should go out on loan, like Carver, and return at a later date when stronger. They are too easily prised of the ball by bigger and stronger defenders.They need to learn to play it simple to feet or for attacking players to run on too. IMHO bring Carver back because we play better with 2 up front and not just a loan striker like last night [who again IMHO looked totally lost].

Like you I left the ground dispririted, BUT I left early. The experiment with Friday night and offering tickets for a tenner to season ticket holders worked, but won't work again if we keep serving up that tripe.

PS, I listened to summary on Radio Lancs from Kevin Gallagher and in his own words "Stanley won't win unless they improve their shooting ratio". The team looked disheartened and their heads went down after the second goal. Yes they scored at the end [only due to a keepers cock-up].

To summarise, 2 points is NOT good enough. 18 shots at goal all season is less than 2 shots a game NOT good enough. Simple. Yes Mr Beattie is a nice man, but nice does not win games, if he gets a ruthless streak, then that may change, but until he develops that, not a cat in hells chance.
DAV007 likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ok, we are in a perilous position but do you seriously believe with the injuries we have had/still have that anyone could have fared any better?
All of our managers over the past year 7/8 years in the football league have had far worse injury lists than Beattie has had.
Your making excuses.
Outback Ozzy and DarwenRed like this.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:29   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I agree with you DAV007 about JC he certainly gets the best out of his squad,did a few not bet against themselves to win ,and do you honestly believe it was an isolated case.....Who else was involved certainly not only the players punished.If he's so highly rated why hasn't he received a single interview.
I believe JB should be given a chance to turn things round till Christmas,and get the rest of the squad fit at his disposal.It helps no one be so negative when support is needed for the club and I don't think JC would have put his hand in his pocket to pay the clubs tax bill unless of course he'd had a good win off the bookies!!!
1. please provide evidence it was not an isolated case?
2. please tell us who else you think was involved?
3. how do you know JC hasnt received a single interview?
4. if we give Beattie until Christmas, you may as well buy your Skrill premier patches for your Stanley shirt and look up the directions to Braintree.
5. Beattie paid the bill early because he wanted to sign Naismith, I doubt JC could afford to do such a thing so its a bit unfair to say he wouldn't.
And yes, that's right Naismith the most useless winger we have ever had in our time back in the league.
6. Please provide evidence JC goes to the bookies.

You need to leave your personal vendetta and personality assassination to one side and look at the facts.
JC was the most successful manager in our history and is available.
There is no doubt he is a far better manager than Beattie.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:31   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
One can't doubt that he is a gentleman, eloquently spoken and seems to care about the club evident in his general demeanour. Neither could one doubt that he has been able to pull in favours to get us a decent player or two

This is all true and I think he has raised our profile of the pitch, but its also true he is not cut out to be a football league manager.
There will be no profile to raise when we are in the conference.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
It might be the honourable thing for JB to offer to resign if the board can find a replacement ... it would certainly not be honourable for him to resign and walk away leaving a possibly unfillable vacancy. Dav007 is so confident JC would want to come back - why would he? The last time he took on a relegation-challenged club didn't do his CV any favours - is he likely to risk two on the bounce? And if his heart belongs to Stanley first last and always, why did he leave us in the first place? Don't get me wrong, the man's a legend in my book and always will be, but I'm not sure he would fancy a second coming, and not sure he could work the transformation if he did.

On Stanley On!
He is desperate to come back.
The man lives and breathes Stanley.
He has something to prove after the Rochdale experience.
He is very hungry to turn it around.
There is no one better to save our season.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46   #26
God Member

There's no doubt that John Coleman is a better manager than James Beattie. That's a fact and James himself may well admit it.

Calling for heads or for Beattie to fall on his sword is a different matter. It's disrespectful and not becoming for a club like ours. Blackburn maybe, but not us.
mab likes this.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
4. if we give Beattie until Christmas, you may as well buy your Skrill premier patches for your Stanley shirt and look up the directions to Braintree.
5. Beattie paid the bill early because he wanted to sign Naismith, I doubt JC could afford to do such a thing so its a bit unfair to say he wouldn't.
And yes, that's right Naismith the most useless winger we have ever had in our time back in the league.

You need to leave your personal vendetta and personality assassination to one side and look at the facts.
Many fans know the truth about the betting scandal, Asking someone to post it on the net, proves how stupid yer are.
sparkie, mab and kristo1 like this.
Old 05-10-2013, 13:09   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
He is desperate to come back.
The man lives and breathes Stanley.
He has something to prove after the Rochdale experience.
He is very hungry to turn it around.
There is no one better to save our season.
Well, so you say ...... and of course there's a chance you might be right I suppose. And if you are right, I'd be very happy to have him back if he's affordable (and, preferably, if JB is happy to step aside for free).

But unless you are a close friend or relative (or the man himself!), points 1, 2 and 4 are just what you choose to believe, in support of what appears to many of us to be an obsession. I don't think anyone was very surprised when this thread appeared last night with your name on it.
sparkie, cashman, jaysay and 2 others like this.
Old 05-10-2013, 13:50   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
10 games to judge seriously.

Who are we Blackburn Rovers???

Imagine if Sir Alex had only been given 10 games to prove himself.

Give the man a REAL chance!!!
Sir Alex was one game away from getting sacked in 1990, the rest of the premier league wish they'd sacked him
Old 05-10-2013, 14:54   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:

Who's pulling your strings DAV007 ,why wait so long to reply,you were on line for ages after I posted last night but not a squeak.I suppose you have to pass everything past JC before you can post.I stand by all I say and would say it to JCs face.If the great messiah is so through and through Stanley why leave to a local derby opponent,stay and fight for promotion with Stanley.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..