Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 13:36   #76
Senior Member+

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If your not prepared to make your nasty allegations in public, then don't defame someone's good character.

And stop avoiding the facts - based on the evidence so far, if we stick with James Beattie we are getting relegated.
I'll meet you anywhere and tell you straight!!!
PS?.....believe me you haven't got a clue
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2013, 13:40   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I'll meet you anywhere and tell you straight!!!
PS?.....believe me you haven't got a clue
Again,
please do tell the world about your fantasy?

If its true, you have nothing to worry about.
What is the problem?
Old 06-10-2013, 13:43   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Again,
please do tell the world about your fantasy?

If its true, you have nothing to worry about.
What is the problem?
Telling you is telling the world
DAV007 likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:47   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Regardless of what happens with JB the Coley bashing has to stop. I can't think of any other club where there most successful ever manager takes so much personal abuse.

I remember one of the hallmarks of his reign was that he made it clear he would always be in the clubhouse with supporters if they has issues they wanted to discuss. It's telling how many smiled to his face then slag him off on here.

The irony that most of those who deride him would never have set foot near the Crown and "discovered" Stanley without his winning teams piquing their interest which smacks of paradox.

We are frightened of going to places like Welling and Braintree next season. Pre JC playing these teams would have been a dream.

Also all this "he left us" baloney. He gave us 12 YEARS of his life. 12 years of success and moving progressively forwards including 3 promotions and numerous cup runs and he's a pariah. Yet Leam is "a good lad" for jumping ship after half a season which nearly ended in disaster. The lack of logic is astounding.

Its only my opinion but I think it lacks class to openly slate the greatest manager we have ever had certainly in the glorious technicolour era.

People using Beatties tax donation against Coley is also ridiculous. Of course Coley couldn't afford such an amount...realistically that money is akin to a tenner to Beattie...lovely gesture though it was.

Right now I'd swap all this faux proffesionalism for three points. But we cant afford to sack JB and as Shakey said its wrong to ask him to fall on his sword. We have much better players than previous regimes but keep failing miserably....what's the answer? I can take losing but the spineless manner in which this team keep giving up is demoralising.

Inject some passion and aggression into performances and results will come.
Coley is a Stanley legend and forever will be. But you should never go back to a club in footy, it never works out the second time round.

I only have 1 gripe with the man and that's because he left us for the wrong club. He and Bell could have done so much better.
Alvin the chipmunk and ianray like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:52   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Coley is a Stanley legend and forever will be. But you should never go back to a club in footy, it never works out the second time round.

I only have 1 gripe with the man and that's because he left us for the wrong club. He and Bell could have done so much better.
I agree with you, but the thing about 2nd time round never works is a myth.
Plus, he cant exactly do any worse than Beattie has done so far.
Old 06-10-2013, 14:13   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
If your not prepared to make your nasty allegations in public, then don't defame someone's good character.

And stop avoiding the facts - based on the evidence so far, if we stick with James Beattie we are getting relegated.
Good character believe if it makes yeh happy, I have come to the conclusion yeh know the score. in fact i'm near certain yeh do.
Old 06-10-2013, 19:40   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Of course it sometimes works. If the fit between club and manager is right, then it can work again. Just look at Darren Ferguson as an example.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 19:55   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Of course it sometimes works. If the fit between club and manager is right, then it can work again. Just look at Darren Ferguson as an example.
Probably a good example with more relevance, Keith Hill Rochdale
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:13   #84
Junior Member+

Quote:
Beattie is finding it tough at Accy as anyone else would have done, never mind someone trying to find his feet in football management for the first time.

Of course any manager would rind it tough, but a decent manager would have shown glimpses of progress - under Beattie their has been none.

As for Coleman, he's a busted flush. His chance has been and gone. It's over. The way he took Rochdale down - not just relegated, but reputation as well due to attitude and players cheating - we should definitely look elsewhere, in fact ANYWHERE.

Please explain the link between John Coleman and players cheating.
Put up or shut up.

I genuinely hope Beattie turns it round. The problem is, that time is not on the side of managers whose teams struggle at the wrong end of the table.
Ability, tactics, an eye or a player, ability to change a game, etc are not on his side either.

As ever, if and when a vacancy becomes available there will be the usual ridiculous expectations from some quarters about who should take over. That won't stop a flood of applications of course, but I wouldn't mind betting that neither the likes of Paulo DiCanio nor Nigel Clough will be amongst them. (Thankfully - but you know what I mean. No real 'names' unless untried elsewhere - a la Beattie)

And?

Hope springs eternal. There's always the next match. We've played worse.

I wish I shared your hope, but after 10 league games time is running out to save our season and league status.

If Peter Marsden is complaining about losing money then he better be prepared for a mega loss if we drop down to the Non League.

Time/Games is/are Running Out!
If you want evidence of players cheating, just spend some time reading the Rochdale message board. They can't ALL be wrong.

Whilst JC was at Spotland, their players were feigning injuries, diving and abusing officials and opposition players. There were serious 'bust-ups' with management and players, leading to Gary Jones - their all time appearance maker and club captain - leaving for Bradford City. JC was reportedly responsible for an 'off-field' gambling culture (where has that been heard before ??) and the dressing room atmosphere was a shambles. No surprise then that the club were relegated and struggled until the day he left.

JC did a job at Accy at the right time and took the club as far as he was able. He will always be remembered for bringing success and the fans will be forever grateful for the journey back into the FL.

That does NOT mean that he could do the job that is now needed. His day has gone. He's part of the clubs' history - not part of its' future.

Now go and find a darkened room and calm down.
yerself and Chubbyman like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:30   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysmate View Post

I suspect DAV007 is the love child of Professor Coleman and Malcolm The Mole and a dark room is probably where he feels most at home.
Revived Red and DAV007 like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:33   #86
Senior Member+

Don't believe everything you read on message boards !!,do a lot of work around Rochdale,and the main problem was the players were dominating the club,and when Coley changed things it turned into a Liverpool/Manchester thing.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:36   #87
Senior Member+

The person with the biggest problem must be Peter Marsden.
The decision to appoint Beattie so far looks to have backfired spectacularly.
In some ways, you could argue the club got lucky/good judgement by appointing the inexperienced Leam Richardson.
They have tried the same formula again with James and it simply has not worked out thus far.
Like it or not, if we have not registered at least 1 win by November, we are pretty much relegated.
The crowds will at best sustain their current attendance number; their will be no increase.

Not only has Peter made the decision to increased the wage budget, but as he admitted in the press he gambled than Beattie's profile and the lower price structure would see the masses return to the Crown - it has not happened.
Not only has it not happened, with only 2 shots per game and sitting adrift without a win at the bottom of the league, its not likely to change this season.

The vision to get into the top 10 and be near the play offs seams as distant as ever.

He must now decide if he backs Beattie or cuts his losses.
Burying his head in the sand hoping results will all of a sudden improve with no evidence of improvement on the pitch will not help anyone.
If he is going to publically back Beattie, he must be prepared to take the backlash the longer the awful run continues.
If Beattie turns it round, then he will have shown great leadership like he did when the pressure was on Leam and the chairman correctly choose to back his man and calm the doubters.
But unlike Leam; their is no strong foundation from earlier in the season to rely on.
Unlike Leam, there where no previous signs he had the ability as a manager - the signs so far are not encouraging.
And unlike Leam, Beattie has filled the squad with largely talentless players, Leam did have an eye for a player.
He must also take into account, that while our off the field profile may have risen with the appointment of an ex premier league star and England player - its the on the field results that will count.

Mr. Marsden mentioned we are losing £300,000 per year and he has put into the club a considerable amount of his own money.
He, more than any of us will know the cost of relegation and the potential financial damage losing out on the football league payments will have.
Its a tremendous loss.

I don't think is all doom and gloom for Mr.Marsden. He must be encouraged by the up turn in attendance Vs Dagenham.
With relatively little exposure, the club managed to get a significant increase in attendance.
Utilising the new commercial team, and with the help of Lancsdave, the OSC and the fans on this forum their is no reason that a similar campaign with a bit more notice couldn't produce a similar if not better attendance result.
But that will also need the improvement on the pitch, and this must be his priority.

One thing he has not got is time or games.
Both are running out.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:43   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysmate View Post
If you want evidence of players cheating, just spend some time reading the Rochdale message board. They can't ALL be wrong.

Whilst JC was at Spotland, their players were feigning injuries, diving and abusing officials and opposition players. There were serious 'bust-ups' with management and players, leading to Gary Jones - their all time appearance maker and club captain - leaving for Bradford City. JC was reportedly responsible for an 'off-field' gambling culture (where has that been heard before ??) and the dressing room atmosphere was a shambles. No surprise then that the club were relegated and struggled until the day he left.

JC did a job at Accy at the right time and took the club as far as he was able. He will always be remembered for bringing success and the fans will be forever grateful for the journey back into the FL.

That does NOT mean that he could do the job that is now needed. His day has gone. He's part of the clubs' history - not part of its' future.

Evidence?
Or are you just like the others with a personal vendetta, who hope they can throw enough mud to make it stick?
So your saying no other clubs players have ever feigned injury, dived or fell out with the opposition?
Do you watch football?
Have you spoken to Gary Jones about why he left?
Its clearly all the big bad wolf john colemans fault.
The fact they where already in the relegation zone when he took over doesn't matter, its all his fault.
But if the Rochdale forum says its true, it must be...

For the mess we are in right now, only John Coleman has the ability, drive and know how to save us.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:47   #89
Senior Member+

Interesting observation;
the few who don't want Beattie out and King Coley back in haven't come up with any justification for sticking with Beattie, any better alternative to save our season, any solutions to our current predicament.

Oh well.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:48   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007
For the mess we are in right now, only John Coleman has the ability, drive and know how to save us.
Evidence?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..