Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 16:25   #31
God Member

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
All of our managers over the past year 7/8 years in the football league have had far worse injury lists than Beattie has had.
Your making excuses.
Not excuses, genuine reasons - at the end of the day football is all about opinions & everyone is entitled to theirs, even those who think that their opinion is the only one that is right & the only one that matters.
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2013, 16:36   #32
Senior Member+

Its also a fact.

Another fact, we are already 9 points adrift after 10 games, drastic change required.
Old 05-10-2013, 16:45   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
There's no doubt that John Coleman is a better manager than James Beattie. That's a fact and James himself may well admit it.

Calling for heads or for Beattie to fall on his sword is a different matter. It's disrespectful and not becoming for a club like ours. Blackburn maybe, but not us.
What your really saying is ' I dont like your opinion, so I will try and discredit your opinion by taking what I perceive to be the moral high ground'.

Call a spade a spade, call a manager who has accumulate 2 points in 10 league games (with no proven track record) incapable of doing the job.

We will soon run out of time to turn it around, now is the time for James to be honest with himself and stand aside. He has to do whats right for the club
Old 05-10-2013, 16:45   #34
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Maybe James Beattie will one day become a successful manager or assistant manager,but at a club that can afford to give him money to spend. It would be no disgrace for him to resign. His first attempt at football management wont be seen as a black mark on his cv as the football world expects any Stanley manager to be unsuccessful!
BBC Sport - James Beattie backs Accrington Stanley to end 'losing habit'

He says he's had the backing, he sounds worryingly like Steve Kean. Stick your head in a bucket and hope for the best.
Old 05-10-2013, 17:11   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkev View Post
Nice guys finish last
Says who, I'm a nice guy whose doing pretty damn well in his career.

Bull hockey
Old 05-10-2013, 17:39   #36
I am Banned

Maybe JB would be better as a coach under JC till he gets more experience
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 05-10-2013, 18:13   #37
God Member

If James was to go and Coley came back with Jimmy if he wanted to leave his nice job at Port Vale would you give them 10 games Davoo. Lets get a gip Cook ran off followed by Leam we need a period of stability and let the club decide who is in charge while James is here lets get behind him and lets hope for a change on the green stuff.
sparkie, Revived Red and Chubbyman like this.
Old 05-10-2013, 18:18   #38
Senior Member+

Difference is coley and cook and leam to an extent are proven, we have seen nothing under beattie that suggests anything other than Welling away next season.
Old 05-10-2013, 18:26   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Difference is coley and cook and leam to an extent are proven .......
WHAT? Leam is proven...? You orchestrated a campaign to get rid of him because - if I recall your position - he wasn't up to the job and with him we were doomed to inevitable relegation .......

Disingenuous!
Revived Red, Greeny and Chubbyman like this.
Old 05-10-2013, 18:33   #40
Senior Member+

I agree but as some of the forum users pointed out during the awful run of results under Leam, he had shown enough in his first few games and in the defeats to suggest he had ability.
You cant say that about our 10 league games this season, there are no signs Beattie has the ability to turn it around.
If we dont act soon, the season could be over by November.

Plus Leam had the fortune to take over from Cook's decent start.
Beattie has lumbered us to the foot of the table.

Last edited by DAV007; 05-10-2013 at 18:35.
Old 05-10-2013, 18:37   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Difference is coley and cook and leam to an extent are proven, we have seen nothing under beattie that suggests anything other than Welling away next season.
Oh yer moving? Good riddance. The results have been terrible so far, But if you aint seen signs he may be able to turn it round,then yeh aint been to many games of the 10. But that fact has never kept yer big gob shut.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 05-10-2013, 18:38   #42
God Member

Quote:
What your really saying is ' I dont like your opinion, so I will try and discredit your opinion by taking what I perceive to be the moral high ground'.

Call a spade a spade, call a manager who has accumulate 2 points in 10 league games (with no proven track record) incapable of doing the job.

We will soon run out of time to turn it around, now is the time for James to be honest with himself and stand aside. He has to do whats right for the club
You'd protest over an incorrectly priced mop in poundland, wouldn't you.

I've already said I don't think Beattie is up to it. But I'm not going to join in the call for his head because I think it's a childish facet of the modern game.
baldy likes this.
Old 05-10-2013, 20:21   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh yer moving? Good riddance. The results have been terrible so far, But if you aint seen signs he may be able to turn it round,then yeh aint been to many games of the 10. But that fact has never kept yer big gob shut.
Oh wise cashman, do shed some light on where the up turn in ability, tactics, etc is coming from?
Do share your wisdom and insight on which game you have seen the team go from relegation certainties to playoff hopefuls.
You are truly the king of Accyweb.

Last edited by DAV007; 05-10-2013 at 20:23.
Old 05-10-2013, 20:49   #44
Senior Member+

.. Delete

Last edited by fc:stanley; 05-10-2013 at 20:53.
Old 05-10-2013, 20:52   #45
Senior Member+

I'm one person who has patience to give managers and players time but having followed the team home and away this season the performances don't deserve any result , we've not even had luck against us or dominated a game and missed chances we've just been 100% rubbish! He seems to have no tactics or no know how about managing a football league club!
He's no experience of management and as a player was also a journey man! On paper he should fail as a football manager at his first attempt and so do plenty of previous players but we cannot afford to gamble our clubs status with a man who is obviously not good enough! He also seems to have plenty of excuses after each game!
He's not good enough and neither is Joyce as captain can I add!

For me he has to go! I'm not bothered about Coleman but he would be a great person to bring back but we need some experienced! I can't see us picking any results up! The club and the team need a change!]I'm one person who has patience to give managers and players time but having followed the team home and away this season the performances don't deserve any result , we've not even had luck against us or dominated a game and missed chances we've just been 100% rubbish! He seems to have no tactics or no know how about managing a football league club!
He's no experience of management and as a player was also a journey man! On paper he should fail as a football manager at his first attempt and so do plenty of previous players but we cannot afford to gamble our clubs status with a man who is obviously not good enough! Everything he does isn't good enough and his standing a million miles away from the touch line mustn't help! He also seems to have plenty of excuses after each game!
He's not good enough and neither is Joyce as captain can I add!

For me he has to go! I'm not bothered about Coleman but he would be a great person to bring back but we need someone experienced! I can't see us picking any results up! The club and the team need a change and a shakeup!

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..