Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 00:02   #46
Full Member+

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Another fact, we are already 9 points adrift after 10 games, drastic change required.
Try getting your facts straight. If you look at the League table after the Saturday games we are SEVEN points adrift.

Still not a great deal of comfort given our present situation.

I'd throw one spanner in your works / argument for Beattie to walk......He has a two year contract. Why would he walk???

Can the club afford to sack him.....probably not given that we'd have a sizeable chunk of compo to find.

Personally, I like the guy, He talks straight and doesn't seem to duck issues. For a guy to take his first step on the management ladder, the Stanley job is probably the hardest job he could have picked.

He's got the smallest budget in the football League to work with. I said it when Richardson left, maybe Leam thought he'd be better off as number two to the snake rather than stay here fire-fighting.

Beattie is armed with a tiny bucket that's got a sticking plaster stopping the leak. Could any of the knockers do better with the resources available???

I don't doubt that he needs to come up with a Plan B or even a Plan C. As he said, it's time to fix bayonets and battle. Sadly, I think some of the players lack the stomach and even the ability for a fight.

Personally speaking, certain players need a proper good kick up the harris and need to be told in no uncertain terms that they're in the last chance saloon and the barman is about to call time.

Tactically, I'd go for selecting a side that can alternate between 5-3-2 and 3-5-2. Get some solidity in the centre of the park, get width and have wide players who can get forward and supply some ammunition for the forwards to feed off.

An obvious statement, but our shots on goal tally has to rise markedly. Beattie has to find the solution to that problem, whilst tightening up the midfield.

I don't envy his predicament given the resources at hand, injuries etc.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2013, 06:28   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Try getting your facts straight. If you look at the League table after the Saturday games we are SEVEN points adrift.
Your right, I got told the wrong info.
As you know I get a lot of things wrong!
I like many on this forum want the best for the club.
At this present time, keeping Beattie as manager is not the answer.

Your right about his contract, we need him to accept the folly of the current situation, swallow his pride and move aside for the sake of the club.

I get the impression the relationship between the board and Beattie is good; I would hope that frank and honest discussions are taking place.

But can people stop using the excuse about resources and injury's.
As discussed, Beattie has signed older players with a history of injuries; why then is anyone surprised when they get injured?
All Stanley managers since returning to the league have had worse injury lists than Beattie.
Resource-wise, didn't Peter Marsden recently say the wage bill was upped last year to £670,000 to try and get in the top 10?
As Stanley budgets go, is this not at the higher end?
Old 06-10-2013, 07:11   #48

Dav007 you seem to have a lot of inside info regarding JC please share where and when he has said he is desperate to come back.
I wondered how long it would be before this raised it,s head again and I was,nt dissapointed when I saw the thread starter, and rather than jump straiight in I have taken time to reflect and as of today I have come to the conclusion that the only way that you will stop this bleating about JC is to put it on my Christmas list for you to get your wish ............ BUT !!!! and this is the biggy I hope it works out for ya because if the chosen one did the second coming act and god help us happen to fail in keeping Stanley in the league WHO THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO BLAME THEN !!!!!!!!!
Greeny and Chubbyman like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:12   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Your right, I got told the wrong info.
As you know I get a lot of things wrong!
That says it all !!Yeh got Told, unable to think fer yerself or what?
DAV007 likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:02   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Difference is coley and cook and leam to an extent are proven, we have seen nothing under beattie that suggests anything other than Welling away next season.
They still ran off to what they thought was a better opportunity than staying at Stanley
Old 06-10-2013, 08:11   #51

Never mind who is and who is not available. The Stanley job aint vacant!
AccyMad, cashman and Greeny like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:14   #52
Resting in Peace

All this bluster from one person about Stanley its a good job most of the supporters seem to be behind JB and not knocking him, but you have to ask the question, who in their right mind would want to take the job at Stanley, the first question an applicant for the job of a football club manager is, will I have money to spend, the answer at Stanley would be quite obviously be sorry no, so if JB went on his merry way who would want the job
Old 06-10-2013, 08:27   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That says it all !!Yeh got Told, unable to think fer yerself or what?
He's not thinking,it appears he's quoting JC,not very eloquently for an ex teacher.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:38   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
He's not thinking,it appears he's quoting JC,not very eloquently for an ex teacher.
Maybe that's why he's an EX teacher
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe that's why he's an EX teacher
Didnt Coley leave the profession because Stanley was taking up more and more of his time?

Dont let facts get in the way of a personal vendetta jaysay.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:08   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Dav007 you seem to have a lot of inside info regarding JC please share where and when he has said he is desperate to come back.
I refer you to the press quotes from the summer after Leam had left and the job was vacant.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:40   #57
Full Member+

I said it last season and I shall say it again.Dav007 you seem to know the solution to our problems so why not go and speak tp James himself and give him the winning formula you seem to think JC has. May I remind you JC left of his own accord , his choice . Things do need to change the sooner the better , but while James is at the helm , we support him.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:15   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I said it last season and I shall say it again.Dav007 you seem to know the solution to our problems so why not go and speak tp James himself and give him the winning formula you seem to think JC has. May I remind you JC left of his own accord , his choice . Things do need to change the sooner the better , but while James is at the helm , we support him.
In DAV007's defence, he is merely stating his opinion, which for some reason he is not entitled too, unlike the rest of us! Just because the majority don't like it, get on with it. Support BT and I suspect even the knockers will still be there week in, week out hoping for a turn round in events.

To those who have been week in, week out home and away and say we were unlucky in most of the games, well I have only seen the home games this season [work commitments allowing] and from what I have seen, yes the officials seem to have something against us, luck is of your own making and what I saw against Rochdale's 10 men in the 2nd half was abysmal. We should have had 10 men camped in their half for 45 minutes. The stats say it all, 18 shots on target in 10 matches is NOT good enough FULL STOP. The answer, personally I would bring Carver back to support Odejayi or whatever he is called. And maybe even adopt the differing formations offered i.e. 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 or even 4-4-2, 4-3-3.

These are my opinions to which I am entitled, if you don't agree with me - fine, I aint going to loose any sleep o'er it.
DAV007 likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:52   #59

Why did he get a two year contract web players only get one?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:57   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMurphyisGOD View Post
Why did he get a two year contract web players only get one?
Funny how much notice of things some take? quite a few players were issued wi 2 year contracts this season. Also fer outbacks benefit, Carver is back as far as i'm aware.lol
Outback Ozzy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..